Match Thread Huddersfield (3 Viewers)

Gibbo

I go with Grendel, whether it was a specific Robins instruction, or Wilson took it on himself, we have been playing more long ball and the defensive perfomance is the proof that this is a better route. We haven't got the quality to play the ball through at this level. We get robbed inside our own half and the pressure is back on the defence almost straight away. At least with a long punt, we get the chance to press and the opposition get the chance to lose it in their half. Possession does not equal success.

Bumberclart

Mad that we haven't played these in any competition for well over 40 years!

I've got one (very optimistic) eye on the reverse fixture at the McAlpine or whatever its called now.......a May Day away day on the Magic Rock IPA

Magic Rock is only a 10 minute walk from the stadium. I'm desperate to go to that one as I've lived in huddersfield for 25+ years and only ever seen City play a friendly here.

cov donkey kick

I don't think City will lose tonight, also M. R will pick a team that can win this game and not lose it win or draw at very least.
We need pionts tonight and sheff we'd on sat as tougher games ahead.

Bumberclart

Town have got Jon Hogg back tonight. Him and Hamer in midfield could result in a few fireworks.

Brighton Sky Blue

I go with Grendel, whether it was a specific Robins instruction, or Wilson took it on himself, we have been playing more long ball and the defensive perfomance is the proof that this is a better route. We haven't got the quality to play the ball through at this level. We get robbed inside our own half and the pressure is back on the defence almost straight away. At least with a long punt, we get the chance to press and the opposition get the chance to lose it in their half. Possession does not equal success.

Which is easier to achieve if you have a second striker up there with a chance of winning the longer ball. When we just have Walker up there it'll come straight back at us.

fernandopartridge

Magic Rock is only a 10 minute walk from the stadium. I'm desperate to go to that one as I've lived in huddersfield for 25+ years and only ever seen City play a friendly here.
Similar ish here, 13 years only for me living within 20 miles or so of Huddersfield, always wanted to play there as believe there are plenty of decent pubs about (easy enough to incorporate the ale trail as well from Manchester as well). Fingers crossed for later this season

bawtryneal

How`s it going Matty/Bumber ?

Trust all is well with you ?

Pissing it down in Bawtry today

Last edited:

Offhegoes

I had a bad feeling about both the Luton & Wycombe games, and we have come out with 4 points, and certainly deserved no less. Tonight's game can't be as bad as the Luton game last week surely....Hope Robins goes a little more attack minded, and surely Max deserves to start if he's fit. Also hope to see Giles for Sam, but I can't see Robins doing that. He normally starts cautious.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think both Allen and Shipley start tonight

giphy.gif

Bumberclart

How`s it going Matty/Bumber ?

Trust all is well with you ?

Pissing it down in Bawtry today
Ay up Neal. All good here.
Pissing down in Huddersfield too, but when isn't it?

We need an M1 supporters club day out when all this lock down shit is over.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Bumberclart

Similar ish here, 13 years only for me living within 20 miles or so of Huddersfield, always wanted to play there as believe there are plenty of decent pubs about (easy enough to incorporate the ale trail as well from Manchester as well). Fingers crossed for later this season
If you go on the ale trail before the game, you'll never make it to the stadium.
Done it a few times and can't remember the end of any of them.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

He clearly did as he’s totally changed the tactics - he’s playing a far more direct form of football and realises the midfield can’t play the way they have been. As soon as he put two up front against Wycombe we started to get battered and were lucky to hang on

If we’d adopted your spirits here we’d still be losing conceding 2 every game and you’d be creaming yourself over every defeat

True to form you're as always missing the elephant in the room as we're not playing your suggested 4 at the back.

And even more remarkably we haven't conceded 3 goals a game as you wildly proclaimed we would do with 3 at the back.

Serious question and think about this one carefully for once - would you prefer us to play 4 at the back tonight with no wing backs?

DannyThomas_1981

If we do lose tonight at least there will always be the consolation of a long overdue new 'Fuming' thread as the more melodramatic try to outdo each other with their varying levels of anger - anger and rage which sometimes lasts for days. Never less than entertaining.

DannyThomas_1981

I hear you Gibbo and agree there is a need to be practical in this league. But I would equally say that playing 4 at the back negates our strongest points (i.e. our high quality wing backs playing high and offering out-balls for our defence and midfield players). Our worst performance since finding our feet this season in my view was against Derby with a 4-5-1 - a game I'm certain we'd have won if we had played to our strengths.

Sky Blue Harry H

Somebody explain this to me. Just checking the early game at Derby, and Derby have a returning player from a 1 match suspension for picking up 5 yellows. Yet people are talking about dropping Hamer for a game, so that he doesn't get suspended for a game???!!! Me no understand the logic.

Liquid Gold

Somebody explain this to me. Just checking the early game at Derby, and Derby have a returning player from a 1 match suspension for picking up 5 yellows. Yet people are talking about dropping Hamer for a game, so that he doesn't get suspended for a game???!!! Me no understand the logic.
I guess just having control over the game he misses and then going past the threshold for suspensions.

Users who are viewing this thread