Match Thread Huddersfield (H) Mon 25/09 (3 Viewers)

Julie SBA

I'm hoping tonight is one of them, team get announced and everyone gives it the "good joke admin, now tell us the real team" moments only for Robins to pull of a master stroke and we win 3-0.

Palmer shouldn't start, nor should Wright. I'd like to see either JD or Bidwell on the right rather than tats or eccles, but I think it will be Eccles.

Don't really have a lot of positivity for this one, but as always Cov will do what theyre not supposed to do, so yeah I'm talking rubbish a very positive glowing polished 3-0 win and the march to the arch is back on. 🤷‍♀️

Matt smith

Very poor, he flatters to deceive.

give me Jamie Allen every day of the week, obviously had his unfortunate health issues but you can normally rely on him and know what you’re going to get.

Palmer is made of glass and overrated by the fan base imo
Kasey Palmer does a step over no real reason

overhits an easy pass

crowd gets to their feet to applaud

really fucks me off

Martin180

Fuck off platty
shocked bristol rovers GIF by Portsmouth Football Club

David O'Day

I can't see it being changed from 3 at the back

You may see Lati at RWB as he had a season there for Swansea just last year

Martin180

I can't see it being changed from 3 at the back

You may see Lati at RWB as he had a season there for Swansea just last year
To be fair I agree but I see Lati and Bidwell being able to play as full backs , just depends whether MR trusts his centre backs enough to play 2 at the back

skybluecam

Well this article could be ill timed if @Saddlebrains is right?!

“I think once he’s up to fitness, you’ll see. You can see parts of it in this game because he is just a head and shoulders above some other players. He is one player that if we can get him to his full potential we could have a golden asset there, definitely!”

Fadz is actually right here, but the issue is he’s never fully fit and at 26 should already be fulfilling his potential, not still trying to get there.

SBT

Regardless of whether this latest injury rumour is true, it’s just mad that we’re more than a year and two full pre-seasons into his Coventry career, and we’re still couching our assessment of Palmer with “once he’s up to fitness”.

Brighton Sky Blue

Regardless of whether this latest injury rumour is true, it’s just mad that we’re more than a year and two full pre-seasons into his Coventry career, and we’re still couching our assessment of Palmer with “once he’s up to fitness”.
Isn’t fully fit but starts games anyway. Hmmm

ceetee

I just hope that if we win against Huddersfield tomorrow the team doesn’t suddenly forget that the previous 8 games only contained 1 win and some pretty poor performances. Not saying it’s easy to beat Huddersfield, and a win is a win of course, but they’ve just got a new manager and they’re basically a bottom 5 side anyway so it won’t be some sort of triumphant return to form. We’ll need to keep upping our performances and not rest on our laurels after this game as we have a load of tricky fixtures coming up.
I reckon we’ll smash Huddersfield 3-1 tomorrow but I just hope the performance from the Cardiff game doesn’t vanish from the memory of the team and fans.
A bottom 5 team that's won more points than us so far.........

BlueSkiesForever

A bottom 5 team that's won more points than us so far.........
Just shows you how bad we’ve been then, even more reason for us not to get carried away if we beat them, one win against a poor side means nothing when we’ve got the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Ipswich, Bristol City, Preston, Plymouth all coming in the next 2 months or so.

slyblue57

Sorry but a 70% fit Palmer has more creativity in him that Eccles, Kelly and Allen combined.
People hoping Allen is our saviour 😳 , he runs around a lot like a dog chasing a ball , supposedly closing down but never getting within a yard of it. Running sround all game does nt make him our creative saviour.
Kelly is purely defensive and Eccles …. hes one of our own so must be good.

Gibbo

We are scoring goals but leaking so I would go one up front, presumably (and thro gritted teeth) Godden. Bring back the midfield four - Eccles, Ayari, Palmer and I assume Kelly. Kitching has to come in given the defensive weakness. Collins for Wilson for the same reason

It won't happen because I assume Robins fixates of formation and discipline within it. They have trained for months on 2 up front.

Frostie

“I think once he’s up to fitness, you’ll see. You can see parts of it in this game because he is just a head and shoulders above some other players. He is one player that if we can get him to his full potential we could have a golden asset there, definitely!”

Fadz is actually right here, but the issue is he’s never fully fit and at 26 should already be fulfilling his potential, not still trying to get there.
His technique probably is head & shoulders above some (most) other players but his lack of fitness & game intelligence will always hold him back.

BlueSkiesForever

You’ll still complain
If we try something different and it fails then fair enough, it was the wrong formation and the wrong thing to do. What I can’t stand is us sticking with the same old team sheet, same old formation every week when it’s clearly not getting us wins. I think it was Einstein who said the definition of a fool is someone who tries the same experiment and expects a different outcome. (Not saying you’re a fool just saying that it’d be foolish of Robins to keep trying the same old shit when it’s clear after 8 games it’s not really getting us anyway.)

Julie SBA

when is ohare realistically back?

and will he be the answer? he was great as a Hamer side kick but didn't often deliver goals or killer passes,
but he does unsettle defences running at them. Hopefully Cal will be everything we want him to be and of course a fully 90% fit COH would start tonight. Maybe COH and Allen is the AM combo in a few weeks? can't be too soon!

PVA

December /January would be my guess

He's back in full training though, surely it will be a little earlier than that?

Maybe that'll be when he's able to start perhaps, but I'd like to think he'd be getting some minutes before then. Obviously we don't want to rush him back though!

San Francisco

Can't see us winning this one. Huddersfield are in a rich vein of form including a win away at Baggies. I'd like to see Robins try a new formation and tactics but we all know that won't happen in a million years.

We'll be fortunate to grind out a draw.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's back in full training though, surely it will be a little earlier than that?

Maybe that'll be when he's able to start perhaps, but I'd like to think he'd be getting some minutes before then. Obviously we don't want to rush him back though!
He was described as 'tantalisingly close' which should hopefully mean next month to start getting on the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread