How optimistic are you feeling about next season? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMatt

Feb 20, 2013
What are the rules in regarding to away ticket pricing?

Looking at Leeds current pricing (and their ST's have gone up 10%, apparently). They surely can't stay that high in the Championship, we could be looking at £45-53 :ROFLMAO:

Matt smith

May 12, 2022
Just saying a couple of people have said similar things. Depresses the hell out of me as we have a real opportunity to kick on with the yok money
I’m only messing about

Telling me Pete, telling me

frustrating, no vik no Gus

take bottom half atm

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
I’m only messing about

Telling me Pete, telling me

frustrating, no vik no Gus
We’ll see
Dk and ccfc still struggling from not having a number of windows where we added class like the yok sheaf and Hamer window
Luton have shown what’s possible
We still have that chance but especially Hamer those last 10 games what a miss he’ll be

Reactions: Matt smith

Matt smith

May 12, 2022
We’ll see
Dk and ccfc still struggling from not having a number of windows where we added class like the yok sheaf and Hamer window
Luton have shown what’s possible
We still have that chance but especially Hamer those last 10 games what a miss he’ll be
A massive massive miss

thought him playing against us gets me pissed off at the hierarchy

Luton kept their players and improved

we’re going to be significantly weaker

San Francisco

May 17, 2023
Coventry
I know it's still early doors but the fact that we're waiting on selling Vik before buying anyone pretty much confirms DK has no intention of actually putting his hands in his pockets and giving MR extra to work with.
I'm not expecting him to stump up 10s of millions and pull off a Forest but the Vik money plus about 5-6 mill more would be a real statement of intent that he wants to deliver on his 3/5 top 6 finishes or whatever.

Does he really think Robins can continue delivering miracles on a nothing budget?

Surely giving Hamer a new contract would be the easiest and most sensible thing to do right now?

Trust me, my bed is still dry.

Seaside-Skyblue

Jan 18, 2014
I know it's still early doors but the fact that we're waiting on selling Vik before buying anyone pretty much confirms DK has no intention of actually putting his hands in his pockets and giving MR extra to work with.
I'm not expecting him to stump up 10s of millions and pull off a Forest but the Vik money plus about 5-6 mill more would be a real statement of intent that he wants to deliver on his 3/5 top 6 finishes or whatever.

Does he really think Robins can continue delivering miracles on a nothing budget?

Surely giving Hamer a new contract would be the easiest and most sensible thing to do right now?

I'm not really sure we can draw any real assumptions yet. I'm sure we will do stuff regardless of the Vik transfer. Not much has been done anywhere at any club, everyone is likely just returning from holidays etc. It will likely all kick off with signings etc over the next few weeks and I think we will all breathe a sigh of relief and wonder what on earth the worrying was about.

I agree though, and extending Hamer would be incredible news.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

Reactions: San Francisco

alexccfc99

May 25, 2022

“What I would say is that people think there’s a new ownership that everything is going to be fantastic and that we have got loads of money now and are going to spend it all.

“That’s not going to happen. What we have got is a bit more stability and control and we will continue to do things incrementally, as we have done before.”

That was MR after King’s takeover was ratified - I don’t think other than a load of people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 there was ever any indication of a huge cash injection from King and that we were going to start chucking loads of money around

Which is why I’m not agitated/pissed off which some seem to be - King hasn’t broke any promises he never said the intention was to start spending loads of money so it’s not like we’ve been sold a lie or anything

MR and Adi must also be happy with the structure in place as just over a month ago they seemed content enough with it to sign new 4 year deals🤷‍♂️

Macca1987

Jul 28, 2016
The statement MR made was pre run to play off final (couple of million we would never had) and increased season ticket sales
I’m in the spend a bit of money camp, show the fans that the 3 out of 5 seasons in the play offs was not just pie in the sky
A good salesman can always say the right buzz words and get a lot of people on board (look at Boris lol) but the proof is in the pudding
I’m not asking for tens of millions of DK money but if the only money got investment we end up relying on is Viks transfer money then I feel we are going to be struggling next year

alexccfc99

May 25, 2022
The statement MR made was pre run to play off final (couple of million we would never had) and increased season ticket sales
I’m in the spend a bit of money camp, show the fans that the 3 out of 5 seasons in the play offs was not just pie in the sky
A good salesman can always say the right buzz words and get a lot of people on board (look at Boris lol) but the proof is in the pudding
I’m not asking for tens of millions of DK money but if the only money got investment we end up relying on is Viks transfer money then I feel we are going to be struggling next year
I think you are overstating how much the run to the Play-Off final was actually worth to be honest - I doubt it was that much but we will never properly know until the 2023 accounts are out I guess

alexccfc99

May 25, 2022
Couple million gained surely
Based on what though? A bit of TV money, one sold out home game and Wembley gate receipts we’d have had to split with the EFL and Luton?

As I said no one other than those at boardroom level of the club will know how much the play off run was worth to us until the accounts for this year are published

Reactions: Martin180

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011

Doug won’t be putting his hand in his pocket for transfers. That’s all going to come from income/profit coming in. However, if we are relying on Viks transfer it will still boost the squad and I don’t think we will struggle. Issue might be, how much will Doug allow Robins to have.

Matt smith

May 12, 2022
Based on what though? A bit of TV money, one sold out home game and Wembley gate receipts we’d have had to split with the EFL and Luton?

As I said no one other than those at boardroom level of the club will know how much the play off run was worth to us until the accounts for this year are published
Swear the losing team takes all the gate receipts

Speedie's Head

Jul 24, 2021
Couple million gained surely
I'm looking at Luton's accounts submitted in June 2022 after their playoff season. Their losses increased from £2m to nearly £6.5m in year

• Wow
Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

San Francisco

May 17, 2023
Coventry
That was MR after King’s takeover was ratified - I don’t think other than a load of people putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 there was ever any indication of a huge cash injection from King and that we were going to start chucking loads of money around

Which is bizarre to me. How can you buy a club, write of 100% of it's debt and then not have a little extra to spend on the pitch? I guess this is where the "Doug King is a SISU agent" rumours possibly stem from.

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Which is bizarre to me. How can you buy a club, write of 100% of it's debt and then not have a little extra to spend on the pitch? I guess this is where the "Doug King is a SISU agent" rumours possibly stem from.

I assume Sisu wrote off the interest and the loans absorbed into the hedge fund king manages

San Francisco

May 17, 2023
Coventry
I assume Sisu wrote off the interest and the loans absorbed into the hedge fund king manages

Makes sense. I'd imagine people are getting riled up due to his ambitions of a play-off finish 3 in 5 seasons but seeming unwillingness to spend extra.

May as well just come out and say we should aim for mid table. Temper expectations for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread