How much worse will it get before it starts to get better? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

No idea...it is all very worrying. For the last few defeats the responses has been rather muted, as if to say "well, it's no surprise as we are managerless" - well t he new manager has got a massive task on his hands from day 1. As I see it right now, we are in big trouble.

Given current form, I can't give a reason why we can't go down to League 2 this year.

ajsccfc

The plan is that the new manager will immediately give us some kind of focus and stop us being terrified of taking a lead. If not...

Ashdown

Before Scunny won at Shrewsbury today, the Shrews had gone 31 games unbeaten at home, something you probably didn't want to hear.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
there's worse ????????????? !!!!!!!

coundonskyblue

This new manager had better be the sort that thrives under pressure!

Can anyone else remember a time when the whole future of the club was going to be decided by the next manager? (I know JH did but I dont think that expectation was on him at the time).

Brighton Sky Blue

There's that thing about football where it can always get worse, and can always get better (unless you're top of the top flight). Continuing as it is now we're in for a right struggle (it's taken us longer to record a win in L1 than it did last season in the Champs!), but with the right appointment it could all change. As CSB says, it's an enormous decision for Timmy and Waggy.

CJparker

If they announce Blackwell as the next manager then it's probably time to start praying - only the Almighty would be able to save us in such a circumstance. I'll get down my local church tomorrow morning to have a word, see if you can pull a few strings for us etc

Nonleagueherewecome

I think Forster is the "oh bloody fuck no!!!" moment myself.

sky_blue_up_north

I have never been so down after a match as what I am today. To be fair I thought we did pretty well and could easily won the game. Two soft goals yet again, the heads dropped as soon as they scored. We need some sort of spark to get us going... I pray the manager is going to give us that. If not we could be playing Nueaton in a couple of seasons.

Brighton Sky Blue

Forster didn't actually do *that* bad a job at Brentford before he got dismissed. I can see the interviews with Carl Baker defending 'Fozzy' already though...

Nonleagueherewecome

"The Forster" doesn't really work...can we just call him Nicky "The Hamster" Forster? Tsk, he's not even a real hamster...

Brighton Sky Blue

'The starting line up for the Sky Blues today:

Muzza
Huzzo
Woody
Edgy
Clarkey Boy
Jenno
Bazza
Kilby
Cazza B
Elly
Goldy

And the substitutes:

Dunny
Browny
Ronald
R-to the-O-to the-D
Flecko'

Nonleagueherewecome

I thought it was "Goals" O'Donovan?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

He actually scored twice y'know! Bloody good goal one of them was...

You mean the "where's the ball gone? It was here a minute ago..there it is! TWAT".

You know how they say "he had too much time"? Lack of time to think is Rod's friend.

mrtrench

OK, so here's the thing.

I have a job with lots of responsibility. My performance is judged by results and I'm happy with that. As I am freelance I also move around - albeit with a large number of re-engagements. I'm all over it, and nine times out of ten my clients are delighted.

However, every now and then, an engagement comes along that is impossible because of the limitations placed on the job by the Senior Management team. I still try. I continue to take responsibility and delegate in an appropriate way, but I cannot stem the tide of 'doomed to fail'.

Dare I suggest that this is the situation chez Sky Blues?

Diehard Si

Can this get any worse was the original question...

eeeerrrrrrrr..... YES

L2 here we come
Do you seriously think it will come to that? Seriously?

It is what you call the mother of all bad starts, but with a new boss will come a new era. Maybe we will be shouting for his head soon, but usually they come with a honeymoon period.

Our normal season in the championship would go: Start well, top after 1st game and in and around the playoffs after 6. Slowly fall down the league then rapidly fall down the league. Players lose all confidence in themselves and the manager, fans start to get on their backs. By early Spring we are hovering around relegation zone and in a downward spiral of depression. The manager gets sacked, we then appoint a new boss ( insert name of Dowie, Adams, Thorn, Coleman etc ). The honeymoon period saves us as we recover our form and shoot back up the table. Sometimes there are even suggestions of playoff places as we collect win after win. With about 6 games to go they lose form and end up mid table nothingness, but take positives that next year could be the one... Next season comes, go top .... and repeat.

This season we've started with that downward spiral and we've changed our manager early. Hopefully early enough for the honeymoon period ( hoping we actually get one here ) to last a lot longer.

CJparker

We are not too big to go down, the oppo this season will take pleasure in beating the crap out of us

I work in Brentford and therefore follow the team fairly closely. Nicky Forster did a good job there, as did the previous boss Andy Scott. I'd be happy with either.

Black6Osprey

Do you seriously think it will come to that? Seriously?

It is what you call the mother of all bad starts, but with a new boss will come a new era. Maybe we will be shouting for his head soon, but usually they come with a honeymoon period.

Our normal season in the championship would go: Start well, top after 1st game and in and around the playoffs after 6. Slowly fall down the league then rapidly fall down the league. Players lose all confidence in themselves and the manager, fans start to get on their backs. By early Spring we are hovering around relegation zone and in a downward spiral of depression. The manager gets sacked, we then appoint a new boss ( insert name of Dowie, Adams, Thorn, Coleman etc ). The honeymoon period saves us as we recover our form and shoot back up the table. Sometimes there are even suggestions of playoff places as we collect win after win. With about 6 games to go they lose form and end up mid table nothingness, but take positives that next year could be the one... Next season comes, go top .... and repeat.

This season we've started with that downward spiral and we've changed our manager early. Hopefully early enough for the honeymoon period ( hoping we actually get one here ) to last a lot longer.

I know there is a need to look for positives but whoever gets the managers job isn't going to be a miracle worker. He's going to be more than likely an out of work also ran. If this team is so soft and gutless that a couple of defeats and its all over, then the same thing will happen with the next guy. Our teams have never made it in the past because they weren't good enough and over a season the law of averages puts you in a position you deserve. We may get a honeymoon period with the new guy but don't think this squad will not return to this level again as the last nine games (including cup) tells us what the average performance level of this group is.

Brighton Sky Blue

You mean the "where's the ball gone? It was here a minute ago..there it is! TWAT".

You know how they say "he had too much time"? Lack of time to think is Rod's friend.

If I were Cody seeing the worst striker in living memory come off the bench instead of me, I'd be handing in my transfer request at full time.

Pigeon

Of course there is worse ... there is a League 2 awaiting our arrival. Administration or Liquidation, ACL going mad if more rent isn't paid. God know's what else could come out of the wood work.

PhilWasn'tBabb

There is normally a "honeymoon Period" after sacking a manager and what have we got, 3 defeats.

I really get the impression that the new manager, whoever they might be is going to be walking into a dress room of players that really don't give a shit. There has to be more going on behind the scenes and in less the players get there bonuses back for getting out of bed in the morning and turning up to training with the right boots I don't think we will see an improvement.

Whilst I agree that the players don't deserve any kind of bonus for getting us relegated last season, it was extremely poor management deciding to change the system 2 days before the start of the season, it should have been sorted before pre season. I think this is major reason we are where we are now and I don't think that was down to AT.

ampthill_sba

I think we'll hit bottom of this league on Tues night and then we'll steadily climb to mid table.,

As a leader I'd rather take over a team that was at rock bottom and move it upwards than enter into an undertaking that is above realistic expectations.

Moff

If they don t like it they can fuck off.

Not an intelligent analysis I grant you

I totally agree. The fekking small minded pathetic little tw*ts.

They get paid well, are in a position that many of us would love to be in, and think they should be rewarded for failure. It stinks.

If this is the case and they have their arses in their hands because of money, and they are trying to punish the club, it is reprehensible, as all they are doing is punishing us, the fans, as without us their isnt a club, and these small minded tools dont realise this as they cant see past their own self serving little lives.

Rant over

Users who are viewing this thread