How much does the club mean to the players? Should they strike? (1 Viewer)

skyblueiom

Just a thought, but if the club means so much to the players, and the fans are supposedly the club, would any players stand up for the fans and strike?

I know the answer, but throwing it out there, maybe we have one player with a conscience and a deep rooted love for the club.

Not for one minute having a go at the players, but imagine if someone did it, would certainly start to rebuild my faith in the human race!!

skyblueiom

Just a thought, but if the club means so much to the players, and the fans are supposedly the club, would any players stand up for the fans and strike?

I know the answer, but throwing it out there, maybe we have one player with a conscience and a deep rooted love for the club.

Not for one minute having a go at the players, but imagine if someone did it, would certainly start to rebuild my faith in the human race!!

Spionkop

I wish they would. I doubt it would happen. Pressley has said veiled things about it. Connor Thomas. Jordan Clark and Carl Baker have all said things. It would totally draw attention to our plight in the media. Even if they refused to kick off for 15 minutes. Imagine the media coverage it would draw.
A fine or even points deduction resulting from it is immaterial. There is a much bigger picture going on here. The whole squad being united over this would ensure they wouldn't suffer.
Come on lads show solidarity with 95% of us supporters.

jimmyhillsfanclub

May I suggest if
You're looking towards professional footballers to restore your faith in the human race..then you are already a lost soul.

Try volunteering at Oxfam instead.

Spionkop

As I said initially, I doubt they'd do it. But I hope they would.
Extreme situations - extreme tactics is all I'll say.
Pour cold water on the idea all you want - but throw up alternatives. Do nothing?

Manchester_sky_blue

It would be interesting to launch a test case via the PFA. Say if one of the bomb squad, who have less to lose, cited breach of contract because they were brought to the club on the assumption that they would be playing at the Ricoh arena. The fact that the bomb squad arent playing anywhere at the moment doesn't matter as they are still contracted players.

Manchester_sky_blue

As I said, conscience, love of the club/fans. Its a longshot, but we need longshots at the moment.

You need a concrete reason to strike though. If you take unofficial action thats not backed by your trade union then you are in breach of your contract and would likely be dismissed on the spot for gross misconduct.

I doubt SISU would care about the loss of a couple more players if they did strike so would not hesitate to sack them.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but you have to remember this is a job, the players going on strike just because they don't like the way the club is run would be like you not turning up to work because you dislike your boss. It may be a valid emotional reason but its not valid in law.

As I said in my earlier post it would be interesting to see a players contract to see what it states as the location of the workplace. Depending on how it's written there might just be a case there.

Nick

Administrator
You need a concrete reason to strike though. If you take unofficial action thats not backed by your trade union then you are in breach of your contract and would likely be dismissed on the spot for gross misconduct.

I doubt SISU would care about the loss of a couple more players if they did strike so would not hesitate to sack them.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but you have to remember this is a job, the players going on strike just because they don't like the way the club is run would be like you not turning up to work because you dislike your boss. It may be a valid emotional reason but its not valid in law.

As I said in my earlier post it would be interesting to see a players contract to see what it states as the location of the workplace. Depending on how it's written there might just be a case there.

It is only matchdays that are different though if they are still training at Ryton? Pretty sure they would just claim more expenses if they drove there...

Manchester_sky_blue

It is only matchdays that are different though if they are still training at Ryton? Pretty sure they would just claim more expenses if they drove there...

Maybe so, but as I say it depends on the way the contract is written. Many employment contracts are extremely badly written which often makes my job easier :)

Spionkop

As I said guys, the players as one unit withdraw labour, be it for 15 minutes at the start of a game, or for a game. Are SISU going to sack 25 players? I very much doubt it.
The usual posters sit on the fence pour scorn.
Nick, I don't know whether you've noticed, our club's owners have moved their employees place of work. They've relocated. Grounds enough I'd say.
But I'm not going to be drawn into forever wrangles. It's a moral issue. That squad have a golden chance to be the legends who will be recalled forever by us fans.

bezzer

As I said guys, the players as one unit withdraw labour, be it for 15 minutes at the start of a game, or for a game. Are SISU going to sack 25 players? I very much doubt it.
The usual posters sit on the fence pour scorn.
Nick, I don't know whether you've noticed, our club's owners have moved their employees place of work. They've relocated. Grounds enough I'd say.
But I'm not going to be drawn into forever wrangles. It's a moral issue. That squad have a golden chance to be the legends who will be recalled forever by us fans.

What a crock. Grounds for what?

And as for footballers playing for a 3rd division team having morals, don't make me laugh.

The PFA would never sanction a strike or any kind of industrial action unless a contract has been broken. I don't know if a CCFC players contract states they will play all home games at the Ricoh, but I doubt it very much.

Squad? Legends? You're joking right?

Users who are viewing this thread