How Easy is it to Share Season Ticket (1 Viewer)

skyblueiom

Aug 12, 2011
Probably going to pull the trigger on a ST thi syear, but as I dont live in mainland UK, its just not possible to attend every match.

On that basis, is it possible to share with somebody who can attend, and whatsthe process?

Thanks

skyblueiom

Aug 12, 2011
Dont know in what format the come nowadays, but potentially tricky given location on different isles!

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
If you're sharing with someone in Coventry, just give them the card and pick it up every time you come. How many times are you planning on going this season?

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

SHUNT31

Jul 18, 2022
Should be fine.

My missus has one but with a kid already and twins on the way she doesn’t come to many games anymore so my mate uses it.

As long as it is the right category ie adult using adult etc you’ll be fine. They will need your card though.

SkyBlueSoul

Apr 15, 2015
Manchester
If you ever can't swap the card, the other person could pick up a paper replacement from the ticket office on the day of the game. They started charging £5 last season and obviously it's intended for if you forget/lose the card. I've been asked for any combination of my name, email address, postcode, first line of address, exact seat block/row/number in the past. As long as the other person knows this info you should be fine.

They did ask me for photo ID once but I'd forgotten my wallet (hence I didn't have my ST) and was still able to get one.

skyblueiom

Aug 12, 2011
thanks for all replies, probably 6-8, but i wouldnt really want to keep leaving an empty seat so the plan would be to find someone who was happy to fill in the gaps.

Flying Fokker

Mar 24, 2011
Probably going to pull the trigger on a ST thi syear, but as I dont live in mainland UK, its just not possible to attend every match.

On that basis, is it possible to share with somebody who can attend, and whatsthe process?

Thanks
There are guidelines on the season ticket section. It is well worth a read.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
I'm looking to get one, but don't live in the UK either. Just considering my options at the moment, as I won't be able to attend every game myself. This just feels all to good to miss out on...

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.
I'm looking to get one, but don't live in the UK either. Just considering my options at the moment, as I won't be able to attend every game myself. This just feels all to good to miss out on...

Just get a match day package, or what ever it's called, 6, 12 , games etc.

Reactions: Fysnkysc

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
You can share with me if you want, I already have my season ticket but will be missing multiple Saturdays this season.
Any reason in particular? Will upu know in advance which games? We have 3 for me, my daughter and dad. Sometimes my wife likes to go but can only do Saturdays duecto work commitments and even then not always. I did ask the club on the off-chance but they wanted full price. Could be interested in 50/50 share if you can decide games well in advance and pay you 50% of your cost back. Be great as most people are can't attend midweek rather than weekends. DM me if you have a list of games and price, thanks.

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
Any reason in particular? Will upu know in advance which games? We have 3 for me, my daughter and dad. Sometimes my wife likes to go but can only do Saturdays duecto work commitments and even then not always. I did ask the club on the off-chance but they wanted full price. Could be interested in 50/50 share if you can decide games well in advance and pay you 50% of your cost back. Be great as most people are can't attend midweek rather than weekends. DM me if you have a list of games and price, thanks.

Hey.

Mainly because I have commitments every Saturday at 6, so it's nice to have the day free more than once every couple of weeks so I can relax and spend time with wife. I'm almost certainly going to attend mid week games, I'm easy on
which Saturdays unless I have to miss because am away. Will probably miss 6-8 games this year. I have been chatting to skyblueiom about him using it occasionally when they can get over, so have to see what he wants to do. Wouldn't the seat not being next to you guys be a problem?

Reactions: rob9872

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
If you have other options no worries and we'll just buy the odd game here and there when she can come. The plan is to get the nearest to us, but in games where its not a sell out all 4 of us likely will move together once in and perhaps sit eg behind the goal.

Reactions: napolimp

theferret

Oct 14, 2012
I know a couple of people who have bought season tickets for the points mainly, but can only do 5 or 6 games, so they will sell it at pro-rata face value for the other games amongst friends and family.

Club should be mindful of this when setting matchday prices, set them too high and it will encourage season ticket sharing and reselling.

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
If you have other options no worries and we'll just buy the odd game here and there when she can come. The plan is to get the nearest to us, but in games where its not a sell out all 4 of us likely will move together once in and perhaps sit eg behind the goal.

Yeah, I'm happy to share with you guys, but I'll wait to see what skyblueiom wants to do first. I could easily move the seat if you have a spare next to you. What block are you in?

Reactions: rob9872

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
31 edge of FZ but plan to move into 30 👍

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
I’m moving down London way in September so midweek home games may not be possible. If someone is skint and needs a ticket, feel free to message me.

On the next point, my brother is playing rugby most Saturdays and has a concession ST. Both of us would prefer the ST to be used for both games - how feasible is it to lend that spare out?

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
I’m moving down London way in September so midweek home games may not be possible. If someone is skint and needs a ticket, feel free to message me.

On the next point, my brother is playing rugby most Saturdays and has a concession ST. Both of us would prefer the ST to be used for both games - how feasible is it to lend that spare out?

I presume very reasonable if you can get the card to the person using it, and they are also in concession bracket.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
I presume very reasonable if you can get the card to the person using it, and they are also in concession bracket.
I’ve paid as a fully paying adult despite technically qualifying as a student. Are students still classed as concessions?

I’m going to try and advertise my brothers’ and my own spare tickets where possible.

napolimp

Sep 2, 2014
I’ve paid as a fully paying adult despite technically qualifying as a student. Are students still classed as concessions?

I’m going to try and advertise my brothers’ and my own spare tickets where possible.

Yes students are concessions this year. To be honest, my wife's a student so I wouldn't mind paying you for it on the occasional Saturday. Won't be many mind.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
Oh you should be fine for free seats near you. I was behind the goal last season but realised I can't deal with the sun in my eyes. Block 1 this year.
We moved from block1 :)

• Haha
Reactions: napolimp

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020
In Aus they do match packages for certain sports. You can buy a 3, 5, 10 match package. Can be any game you just have to go online and enter your code and pick your seat and it just reduces off your total tally you have which is pretty good and at least that way Club still get good revenue and people buying in bulk, sometimes don’t even attend be full amount of games they bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Apr 20, 2013
Just get a match day package, or what ever it's called, 6, 12 , games etc.

Only problem with the packages is you’re not guaranteed a ticket.

If we do have a good season there will be several sell outs. Even with the match packages you’d still be scrambling for a ticket

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
Don’t worry, the trains to/from London are very reliable and you’ll usually be home by 1am 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread