How did We'll Live and Die in these Towns start before kick offs? (1 Viewer)

exhallskyblue

I recall it starting sometime early last season. At a midweek game. For the first few times it didn’t catch on really. They even had the album cover on the screen. Then all of a sudden at the tail end and during the sprint finish to the top 6 it stuck …

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Club tweet of pre match rendition now has 6.6M views 😳, and the song creeped into iTunes top 30 yesterday.

The WLADITT at Wembley was done in a loop, repeated about 4 times, needs to be the same at the CBS.

bigfatronssba

Was just the full song, but yeah should do the same.

There isn’t time. Even with the cut down version they play at KO you can see the ref is waiting to get the game started.

The only way they could fit it in is to play it before the players come out, but half the supporters are still in the concourse at that point.

Only reason it worked at Wembley so well is because everyone was out in the stand early

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There isn’t time. Even with the cut down version they play at KO you can see the ref is waiting to get the game started.

The only way they could fit it in is to play it before the players come out, but half the supporters are still in the concourse at that point.

Only reason it worked at Wembley so well is because everyone was out in the stand early
Play it from when the players emerge from the tunnel . There's always lots of fannying around with lining up, handshakes , Mascots ( bless ' em ) etc. surely it's a good 2 and a half mins between coming out and kick off.
Even if they cut it a bit short it's still going to be a belter.
That's from someone who didn't used to like it much.

LeChuck

Saw a comment on Youtube from the guy who plays this at the CBS about the song from this video

Crikey, that's incredible! Shame the verses are a bit wordy otherwise it would be proper sunshine on leith territory for me (albeit with a sprinkle of bias in that judgement!)

I love that the guy filming couldn't resist joining in halfway 😂

andy86

I’m sure when Aidy Boothroyd was manager the players walked out to an Enemy song, ‘Be Somebody’. But it didn’t last very long.

bigfatronssba

I’m sure when Aidy Boothroyd was manager the players walked out to an Enemy song, ‘Be Somebody’. But it didn’t last very long.

Yes I remember that. It was in place of when Mr Blue Sky is currently played

EalingSB

They played it a few mins early on Sunday. Think the article said it would be 5 mins before KO. I needed the loo so ran down and was trying to get back 5 mins before which I did, but Country Roads was on! Was gutted to miss it although 'Take me home, Highfield Road' was very good. Been brilliant having this before KO.

rylee

I’m definitely in the minority on this one, but I hate this song. Born and bred in Cov but I certainly hope I will not be living and dying here😂

Boicey

Certainly something different and special having an anthem song like that.
6.9m views now.

pusbccfc

I’m definitely in the minority on this one, but I hate this song. Born and bred in Cov but I certainly hope I will not be living and dying here😂

But that's the whole point of the song.

The reason it means so much to people is that it's reflective of the challenges of growing up in forgotten towns and cities. If you look at the comments from people praising it, they are often from places like Hull and Stoke.

Lots of people get stuck in Coventry even if they had aspirations of leaving.

It's reflective of the club really too. We know we're a bit shit but we still love it.

bigfatronssba

But that's the whole point of the song.

The reason it means so much to people is that it's reflective of the challenges of growing up in forgotten towns and cities. If you look at the comments from people praising it, they are often from places like Hull and Stoke.

Lots of people get stuck in Coventry even if they had aspirations of leaving.

It's reflective of the club really too. We know we're a bit shit but we still love it.

It translate well as a football song.

Most of the time success is for other people, not you. But don’t let it get you down.

Users who are viewing this thread