Homophobic chanting (1 Viewer)

fatso

Calling someone Gay who isn't gay is clearly aimed as an insult (Don't know why). Its one thing ribbing your mates and keeping it in your own little immature circle, but to do it publicly to strangers is a bit of a c*ntish thing to do. I mean it doesn't offend me, I just thing you're a poorly raised c*nt.
Your use of the word c*ntish is a little ironic on a thread of this nature, don’t you think?

Briles

Your use of the word c*ntish is a little ironic on a thread of this nature, don’t you think?

Yeah it wasn't lost on me haha

oucho

No doubt there will be some people saying that homophobic chanting is "part of the game" and anyone offended is a snowflake.

scottccfc

Whats the difference between the pink t shirt "chant" and the chanting towards the southend physio, I am sure I have seen that the southend chanting was classed as banter!

clint van damme

Whats the difference between the pink t shirt "chant" and the chanting towards the southend physio, I am sure I have seen that the southend chanting was classed as banter!

You really don't know?
Are you one of those people who don't know the difference between racist abuse and giving stick to a bald bloke as well?

djr8369

Not at all, as racist language is usually (if not always ) used to cause offence.
Banta is a Micky take, a harmless leg pull etc.
By all accounts, the guy in the pink shirt just ignored his detractors, until they got bored, and in doing so, gained the moral high ground.
He didnt appear offended, or break down in floods of tears, or rush home and start a thread on an online forum.
Maybe he thought there was enough loonies around to get offended for him.
Now, before the keyboard judges, jurors and executioners on here start to go into total meltdown, I'm NOT condoning any anti social behaviour, what I AM saying is let's just put things into perspective. On a day when 2 famous clubs may disappear for ever, a bit of harmless, probably good natured banta is not the biggest problem with football.

Spoiler: it’s not about the guy in the pink shirt or whether he was offended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

I know what real homophobia looks like. In my opinion this was simply a display of stupidity and immaturity, but I'll leave it there.

Where do you think real homophobia comes from and how do you think it is fuelled?

Think of the message this “display of stupidity” sends. To kids attending it says that being gay is something to be ridiculed and to gay players/fans it’s says you’re not welcome or respected here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

Just asked my 12 year old he didn’t hear it. We were very close. He said it’s not funny and why would people sing it. The world should be ok

Hope you're suitably punishing the youngster Pete for that kind of Snowflake attitude. :emoji_relaxed:

I'm actually getting genuinely concerned that I found it hilarious and I like to think that I'm a very reasonable and open minded 48 year old!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hope you're suitably punishing the youngster Pete for that kind of Snowflake attitude. :emoji_relaxed:

I'm actually getting genuinely concerned that I found it hilarious and I like to think that I'm a very reasonable and open minded 48 year old!

You probably are.

PurpleBin

I think being young and spending the majority of the game eyeballing the away end and shouting abuse seems to be more a part of the game than the actual game itself.

Grendel

Elton John is a smug wanker

ajsccfc

Eltom Johnnnn always looked a bit ridiculous, but recently he's turned into grandma on holiday

sacLkO3.jpg

skyblue1991

Eltom Johnnnn always looked a bit ridiculous, but recently he's turned into grandma on holiday

sacLkO3.jpg
Things that annoy me:

Lewis Capaldi going OTT on Social Media. It was funny the first and second time, give it a rest you odd looking prick.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

STOP PRESS****STOP PRESS****STOP PRESS**** I have it on good authority that the shade of the garment the gentleman in question was wearing is in fact - Cerise, not pink.
Therefore all thread traffic (including the chant) should be considered 'Null & Void'.
And as a footnote, to quote trenchie - 'Just be nice to one another'.

Users who are viewing this thread