Home (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

to Brighton YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

Bob Latchford

You would imagine that's winnable , however the whole competition is a joke

It is . the only good thing I see in this competition is a Wembley day out for the finalists .

harvey098

I really don't get the condemnation of the reformat. I think it should have improved it (obviously I am alone in this view because attendances have been terrible).

One criticism is that the U21 teams should have been prem only but I can see the logic behind the reformat.

Bob Latchford

I really don't get the condemnation of the reformat. I think it should have improved it (obviously I am alone in this view because attendances have been terrible).

One criticism is that the U21 teams should have been prem only but I can see the logic behind the reformat.
The competition has become a farce imho .

Otis

I know this is the consensus but can I ask why?
Because they have diluted it and then decided to include Premier and Championship clubs and so many of them turned down the opportunity of participating, making it a joke.

If all the Premier clubs U21 sides had joined in then maybe I can see the point, but they made it a voluntary decision and lots of the big clubs simply said no.

Why make it into leagues too? Should be just a straight knock out like all the other domestic completions such as the FA Cup, League Cup, FA Vase etc.

Fans have voted with their feet.

Sbarcher

Imagine, 30,000 City fans chanting SISU out!

Nick

Administrator
Still weird the first thought is what protest can be done, rather than "might be a day out at wembley to watch coventry city".

I guess if there's a protest it's a way to bypass a boycott and starving CCFC.

harvey098

Because they have diluted it and then decided to include Premier and Championship clubs and so many of them turned down the opportunity of participating, making it a joke.

If all the Premier clubs U21 sides had joined in then maybe I can see the point, but they made it a voluntary decision and lots of the big clubs simply said no.

Why make it into leagues too? Should be just a straight knock out like all the other domestic completions such as the FA Cup, League Cup, FA Vase etc.

Fans have voted with their feet.

Don't see why the league system is something to bemoan.. works OK for the champions league, europa and many others.. Differentiates it from the other domestic cups as you mention.

Fully agree that its a shame there were no big prem league teams... I genuinely believe Coventry v Man United U23 would gather more interest than Coventry v league 2 team. This is backed up by the fact our game against West Ham u23 got more than double the attendance of the game against Wycombe.

I would stick with the new format but encourage the bigger clubs to participate and then you've got a much better cup than just league 1 & 2 teams knocking about against each other.

Nick

Administrator
It isn't the league system that annoys me, it is the U23 teams that can ram it with first teamers when they see fit but the normal players can't make changes.

What is there to stop the Premier League teams from cramming first teamers in if they get to the semi finals to play?

hutch1972

Don't see why the league system is something to bemoan.. works OK for the champions league, europa and many others.. Differentiates it from the other domestic cups as you mention.

Fully agree that its a shame there were no big prem league teams... I genuinely believe Coventry v Man United U23 would gather more interest than Coventry v league 2 team. This is backed up by the fact our game against West Ham u23 got more than double the attendance of the game against Wycombe.

I would stick with the new format but encourage the bigger clubs to participate and then you've got a much better cup than just league 1 & 2 teams knocking about against each other.
Don't care if it's a shit trophy or not , it was created for the lower tier and that's how it should stay.
If they needed extra teams then the conference has more than enough to invite.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Don't care if it's a shit trophy or not , it was created for the lower tier and that's how it should stay.
If they needed extra teams then the conference has more than enough to invite.
Spot on !

Users who are viewing this thread