Home v Sunderland 12.30, Sky, £33 a ticket (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

Can someone put a Scumberland scarf around Jimmy Hills neck to keep him warm and show them plastic Geordies there’s no hard feelings 😆 that will wind them up ✊💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

pusbccfc

Sunderland have sold their 3000.

I have a feeling we might give them another few hundred but the police will never allow 4.5k.

If there were lots of stewards and police Tuesday, imagine what it will be like for this one.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have a feeling we might give them another few hundred but the police will never allow 4.5k.

If there were lots of stewards and police Tuesday, imagine what it will be like for this one.

I’d probably guard the Jimmy Hill statue, and I’m only half joking. Wouldn’t be surprise if a rogue idiot tried to vandalise it

Evo1883

I don't agree with the pricing , however if clubs like sunderland are willing to pay it , then the club won't care .

MAFF

Fucking hate this stupid faux rivalry nonsense people spout about Sunderland. They'll beat us and out sing us in 1/3 empty stadium and yet block 14 will still sing "sunderland get battered everywhere they go."

Dreading it.

Evo1883

Fucking hate this stupid faux rivalry nonsense people spout about Sunderland. They'll beat us and out sing us in 1/3 empty stadium and yet block 14 will still sing "sunderland get battered everywhere they go."

Dreading it.

Sunderland have been some of the quietest away fans I've ever seen , that being said as a supporter that travels to every away game known to man have yet to hear a home atmosphere as good as ours over the last 2 seasons in this league , including 30k plus at Sunderland.

Not sure what point you're making really , other than a dig at your own club which is weird

It's Sunderland that persistently slag this club off , not so much the other way round

Last edited:

MAFF

Sunderland have been some of the quietest away fans I've ever seen , that being said as a supporter that travels to every away game known to man have yet to hear a home atmosphere as good as ours over the last 2 seasons in this league , including 30k plus at Sunderland.

Not sure what point you're making really , other than a dig at your own club which is weird

It's Sunderland that persistently slag this club off , not so much the other way round

Just saying I reckon it'll be like the Norwich game except worse because some weirdos on both teams are obsessed with each other.

clint van damme

Dreading it.

Outsing us? You been to many games against Sunderland?
Vocally, their support is dreadful.
Agree about the faux rivalry, utter nonsense.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry but that’s rubbish mate. £66 for me and the Mrs for a crappy 12.30 kick off live on SKY is prohibitive . As has always been said to make it a decent day, there will also be petrol and F& B costs too.
I’ll choose other matches.

You don't have to buy food and beers though.

Everybody I know who moans about the prices for a game always seem to include beer money which baffles me as they are happy to pay £5.50 for a piss-poor pint but moan about an extra couple of quid for a ticket.

Ashdown

Fact is their loss will be more than made up by the gain from those that do attend.
That is arguably a very short term take on things though
. Besides if say 1500 don’t go because of pricing, you need over 4500 paying the extra £8 a ticket to cover that.
More people = better atmosphere, more chance of returning, more chance of buying merchandise, contributions to F & B sales etc, more footfall for advertisers, in fact more benefits to Coventry businesss all round.

Ashdown

You don't have to buy food and beers though.

Everybody I know who moans about the prices for a game always seem to include beer money which baffles me as they are happy to pay £5.50 for a piss-poor pint but moan about an extra couple of quid for a ticket.
You always counter with that argument but for probably 75% of fans having on a pint as part of a match day is sacrosanct .

Nick

Administrator
You always counter with that argument but for probably 75% of fans having on a pint as part of a match day is sacrosanct .

Not really. It's just pointing it out, £5.50 each for a few awful pints but a couple of quid more for a ticket is a deal breaker?

If I wanted to cut costs, I'd just go somewhere cheaper for a beer and food before or bang a can down on the walk to the ground.

I have a mate who factors in money in a fruit machine as well if going in the pub....

Last edited:

hill83

Not really. It's just pointing it out, £5.50 each for a few awful pints but a couple of quid more for a ticket is a deal breaker?

If I wanted to cut costs, I'd just go somewhere cheaper for a beer and food before or bang a can down on the walk to the ground.

I have a mate who factors in money in a fruit machine as well if going in the pub....

That’s actually a really good point and I think I’ll take back my comment about not paying over £25 for a ticket. I’ll happily buy 4 pints and won’t even blink.

Similar to no questions asked in whatever pub about the price of a drink, but I’ll stalk the bread aisle in Sainsbury’s for 15 minutes trying to find bread that’s 5p cheaper.

Nick

Administrator
That’s actually a really good point and I think I’ll take back my comment about not paying over £25 for a ticket. I’ll happily buy 4 pints and won’t even blink.

Similar to no questions asked in whatever pub about the price of a drink, but I’ll stalk the bread aisle in Sainsbury’s for 15 minutes trying to find bread that’s 5p cheaper.

Nothing worse then becoming a millionaire after a couple of pints too. Spend the week trying to find something a couple of quid cheaper but get silly rounds in. :(

alexccfc99

We best fucking not

Nick

Administrator
Spent months living on Sainsbury's reduced bread a while back, just because I had time to kill around the time they started to reduce it. The sudden over-use of focaccia wasn't middle class pretension, more I could get it for 15p!

More you liked scrapping the crazed women in supermarkets waiting for the race to reduced stuff? ;)

Ashdown

I don’t think most people drink much of that over priced piss out of plastic glasses, more are doing exactly as you suggested before they get there.

shmmeee

That is arguably a very short term take on things though
. Besides if say 1500 don’t go because of pricing, you need over 4500 paying the extra £8 a ticket to cover that.
More people = better atmosphere, more chance of returning, more chance of buying merchandise, contributions to F & B sales etc, more footfall for advertisers, in fact more benefits to Coventry businesss all round.

I don’t disagree, but on a purely financial basis on a per game basis it makes sense. There will be 20k paying that price in all likelihood, if there’s anything like 1,500 not going (which I doubt) then they’re paid for almost five times over.

All studies show football isn’t really price elastic. No one goes to watch Nuneaton because they’re cheaper. If the product is there then the fans will be ultimately. To a certain degree. Being a fan isn’t being a rational economic actor.

NorthernWisdom

Arguably if you only pick, say eight games a season, then the club probably wants you to pick the cheaper priced ones anyway, against less appealing teams. That'll mean a higher gate potentially against them than otherwise, as everybody would otherwise head to see us v Sunderland and ignore us v Wigan.

It's not like people who pick a set amount of games are going to pick a different team to watch, they'll just pick a different game. But it'll still be eight games worth of cash the club gets, regardless of who they watch, so may as well charge a higher price elsewhere for those who'll go whatever the price (away fans!).

shmmeee

The smart answer is tiered pricing, like airlines and theatres do, but you need a better differentiator than seat position IMO. If they had extra wide seats with padding in some areas and rail safe standing in others you could have a real mix of price points and people would self select

alexccfc99

I can understand categorising games if we were ever to go up! But not in the Championship - their fans would have you think differently but they are Sunderland, not Real Madrid - A flat rate £25 across the board is fair

Have I also missed the club doing a ticket offer since COVID? Can’t recall one off the top of my head and they usually did one a season

theferret

Unfortunately it’s just keeping in line with the rest of the league. It’s how we fund the increased wage bill

Our Cat A prices are completely out of sync with the rest of the league. Only Sheff Utd get close. The cheapest ticket in the ground is £34 (the £1 booking fee is compulsory). That's insane.

Users who are viewing this thread