Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (6 Viewers)

mmttww

Don't see a better solution that this. Time to put up or shut and use these blocks. Perfect timing as well.

You'd hope that unless the squad sh*ts the bed this week, crowds will only be bigger in the remaining games.

bigfatronssba

So 2600 allocation for away fans. That should be enough for most games. Be interesting to see if that becomes a permanent allocation for league games or will it change each game?
Can’t help but think an extra 500 would make it a fairer away allocation. Great the club are looking at this now though

IMG_1611.jpeg

Gynnsthetonic

The Demand won’t be there to fill it now, that’s why they are trialling it for this game. You’re not going to trial it for the first time when it’s fully sold out are you could be carnage. It will be a learning process for them. Brilliant idea. We don’t want away fans behind the goal.
I think away fans will always be behind the goal in some way. The configuration of the stadium won't allow them in the corners as its where most home fans arrive and exit from under the railway tracks

Astute

Watched West Ham v Arsenal yesterday and the gap between the two sets of fans remember London rivals, was about 5/6 seats wide with two lines of stewards and a few old bill at the front but it is down to the chavs and they ain’t all kids to make it work
Went to Manchester City v Palace just before covid. A single row of police officers and two rows of empty seats. We were right there. Atmosphere was brilliant. Not the slightest bit of trouble. Banter was top class.

Treat people with respect get respect back. Treat them like animals and some will take advantage.

David O'Day

Ok for this season but the work to have the home fans in 6, 7,8 and 9 needs to continue

CV22SBA

Really? Because it was pretty non eventful yesterday in the corner
After both goals, particularly the first though. That's the issue with block 13 empty for them to run across. If it was full they had nowhere to run so would just be stood there.

David O'Day

After both goals, particularly the first though. That's the issue with block 13 empty for them to run across. If it was full they had nowhere to run so would just be stood there.
Oh, that is different from trying to get in the south stand

David O'Day

There was a group who tried to run towards them after the second goal, I think it was, but it wasn't anything major, just a bit of taunting from a distance.
see above, that is very different to what was suggested

really subdued yesterday, probably due to the millwall fans being pretty rubbish

David O'Day

Not sure people are as attached to being in a particular block as some people think. Look at the number of people who have moved to the family zone with seemingly non-existent kids because it's cheaper.
The issue is there is likely no need to move, the "trial" is actually using the configuration that we used against Boro in the play offs.

The plan is that city fans will be in 6,7,8, 9 etc and the away fans in the rest and then to turn the corner into safe standing.

It's not an attachment to the corner, it is more a case of what the configuration will be like in the future.

slowpoke

Went to Manchester City v Palace just before covid. A single row of police officers and two rows of empty seats. We were right there. Atmosphere was brilliant. Not the slightest bit of trouble. Banter was top class.

Treat people with respect get respect back. Treat them like animals and some will take advantage.
Mind you at £30/£40 a ticket and all ticket matches people behave. I don’t know how true this is but I was told at City if a fan is ejected for basically being an arsehole they are not allowed a ticket or entrance with their ST for three matches. I think all their fans have membership cards and there’s a waiting list, I wonder why ??
Good deterrent I’d say, in this day and age you have to have it.

SkyBlueMatt

Needed to be done. I'm not dismissing it but I'm apprehensive about the atmosphere. If this is the plan, do I stay in 15??

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

mmttww

Fans in the corner and the new blocks need to step-up and self-police things if we want it to work.

If people lob stuff at away fans, keep charging towards them etc. it will be over pretty f*cking quick.

Makes next season exciting. Turn the whole other end into a Family Stand, pack it out, then you get:

- Noisey End and Corner.
- Premier League Package bit.
- Family Zone and Stand.
- Posh Pr*cks and Old People.

Everyone sorted! Watch us fall to bits, end up 12th and have no use for the new blocks. It's Cov, innit.

Astute

Not sure people are as attached to being in a particular block as some people think. Look at the number of people who have moved to the family zone with seemingly non-existent kids because it's cheaper.
Or maybe some also go in there with the thought that less idiots will go in there.

I go to games and give my vocal support. I want to be with those who are similar. I have never taken my little boy into the family zone.

All a personal choice.

Astute

Mind you at £30/£40 a ticket and all ticket matches people behave. I don’t know how true this is but I was told at City if a fan is ejected for basically being an arsehole they are not allowed a ticket or entrance with their ST for three matches. I think all their fans have membership cards and there’s a waiting list, I wonder why ??
Good deterrent I’d say, in this day and age you have to have it.
I was in the away end. That wasn't a deterrent for them.

I would say a full single row of police and some stewards from top to bottom was more of a deterrent. It wouldn't be cheap but the extra income from extra tickets being available would more than compensate for it. And most would probably already be there to police the game anyway.

slowpoke

I was in the away end. That wasn't a deterrent for them.

I would say a full single row of police and some stewards from top to bottom was more of a deterrent. It wouldn't be cheap but the extra income from extra tickets being available would more than compensate for it. And most would probably already be there to police the game anyway.
Don’t suppose it works that well v Man United though I admit.

Astute

Don’t suppose it works that well v Man United though I admit.
Wouldn't have a clue. Went with mates who support Palace. Don't ever go to games with glory supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread