Home Areas Yesterday (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

From the Cheltenham perspective seems like there was a lot of Cov in the home sections yesterday - if you looked to the left paddock it was obvious with some singing along and several ejected....anybody on here infiltrate the Robins Nest?

clint van damme

From the Cheltenham perspective seems like there was a lot of Cov in the home sections yesterday - if you looked to the left paddock it was obvious with some singing along and several ejected....anybody on here infiltrate the Robins Nest?

I was there and their fans were sound and the police and stewards seemed to handle it quite well, others may have had a different experience).
There were a few got ejected and I got warned to calm down the celebrations which was a fair enough request, but from my point of view it all went well. Had a couple of their supporters shake my hand at the end and wish us well in the play offs.

Tommo72

I was there and their fans were sound and the police and stewards seemed to handle it quite well, others may have had a different experience).
There were a few got ejected and I got warned to calm down the celebrations which was a fair enough request, but from my point of view it all went well. Had a couple of their supporters shake my hand at the end and wish us well in the play offs.

Were you on the side?

Tommo72

Yeh could see quite a few stood by the perimeter, looked a lot in the main stand too, could see them clapping when the substitutions happened.

Astute

If you don't act like an idiot and don't come across idiots personally I think it is the best way of watching a game.

This is the only way egg chasing is better than football.

Tommo72

If you don't act like an idiot and don't come across idiots personally I think it is the best way of watching a game.

This is the only way egg chasing is better than football.

I’d struggle to contain myself if we scored, everything else would be fine lol.

Cov kid 55

We watched the Mansfield game in their main stand, and it is a good way of seeing the game properly, although you miss the bonding with fellow fans. Although I think I’m a pretty fanatical fan, I don’t find it hard to sit on my hands when we score. I think it’s a respect thing, football is tribal, and you have to respect that you’re in the opposition end. How would we feel, or how have we felt in the past, with opposing fans jumping about in our end?

Adge

Funny when we scored our first I purposely looked around the ground to see if there were any Cov fans in the home ends and noticed some geezer jumping up and down and dancing behind the Cov benches!
Anyone going to own up?....

Otis

Funny when we scored our first I purposely looked around the ground to see if there were any Cov fans in the home ends and noticed some geezer jumping up and down and dancing behind the Cov benches!
I think that was Oggy.

Tommo72

I also saw that lol was hilarious

Nick

Administrator
I think there was a disabled section by the bench. I saw a guy in a wheelchair singing ccfc songs just to the side.

Might have been somebody in there? Carer or something

Terry Gibson's perm

I watched the Morecombe game from the home section so didn’t have to worry about celebrating and it would have been a painful watch anywhere, the home fans view is always an interesting listen.

Also done it at

Forest
Spurs
Burnley
West Brom
In the past for various reasons sometimes in an exec box sometimes when I was younger with my dads friends who followed those teams

Londonccfcfan

We watched the Mansfield game in their main stand, and it is a good way of seeing the game properly, although you miss the bonding with fellow fans. Although I think I’m a pretty fanatical fan, I don’t find it hard to sit on my hands when we score. I think it’s a respect thing, football is tribal, and you have to respect that you’re in the opposition end. How would we feel, or how have we felt in the past, with opposing fans jumping about in our end?

I remember highfield road days vs bigger teams. We used to get man u. Or Liverpool fans in West terrace and main stand. But havnt ever seen it at Ricoh.

Marty

I was in the home end, couldn't help but celebrate the 5th, I think the locals appreciated it was a beauty and it was just instinct, I didn't celebrate any of the other goals. One idiot standing about 5 rows in front, celebrated the first like we just won the FA cup, the locals started having a go and he got chucked out 2 mins later, missed the rest of the game.

Marty

He was just in front of me, was funny to watch.

Mcbean

Yes the missus and i were in Mufti to the right of the main stand - bit like sexfields i had to turn sideways as a race we have all got taller clearly - it was difficult to contain the quiet get in there for the first goal - later the 70 year old next door realised and we had a great discussion about the game at our level - they to a man appreciated the quality of our goals - remember they have come a long way and have had their fair share of prem scalps in the cups - they did comment on the fans coming on to the pitch but for me all went back pretty quickly - i did see some argy bargy down to our right but fans just need to appreciate that in your face stuff is not over welcome if you are in the home stand away ( as has been said ) - we parked for free on the main road and had a spiffing day really

pastythegreat

I remember highfield road days vs bigger teams. We used to get man u. Or Liverpool fans in West terrace and main stand. But havnt ever seen it at Ricoh.
I'd be very surprised if you seen any Man U or Liverpool fans at the Ricoh tbf
There were 3 Grimsby fans sat a few rows in front of me when we played them. Just sat shaking there head when we scored. I did wonder why as it's not like they couldn't get tickets in there own end. Maybe just prefer a pitch side view?

Paxman II

I was there with a white baseball cap on. I raised my hands in the air when the first one went in and then remembered where I was. Then I just applauded each goal and local fans were appreciative of the quality finishing we displayed. At half time one said to me it would be 6 at this rate. How right he was.

vow

Wife and I were in the Terrace end, behind the goal.
We made a weekend of it, going down to Cheltenham on Friday coming back Sunday afternoon. Some great boozers, especially The Kemble Brewery Inn which was v close to the ground.

martcov

I was in the Colin Farmer Stand in the home side of it. I wore the scarf and celebrated every goal. A couple of people said it shouldn’t be allowed and one kept on and giving the evil eye at us at half time from the edge if the pitch. My German missus told him to „Fxxk off“ and he did. Shows she learned some English culture from me. The others were alright and one said I hope you get promoted. Don’t want to go through this again next year.

ranvir_PUSB

Think that was me after biamou scored his overhead kick. I was standing right behind the cov bench with some tall geezer next to me.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Wife and I were in the Terrace end, behind the goal.
We made a weekend of it, going down to Cheltenham on Friday coming back Sunday afternoon. Some great boozers, especially The Kemble Brewery Inn which was v close to the ground.
Tried to get into the Kemble before the match but it was rammed with City supporters about 6 deep at the bar and that was before we won!

oscillatewildly

I was in the Colin Farmer Stand in the home side of it. I wore the scarf and celebrated every goal. A couple of people said it shouldn’t be allowed and one kept on and giving the evil eye at us at half time from the edge if the pitch. My German missus told him to „Fxxk off“ and he did. Shows she learned some English culture from me. The others were alright and one said I hope you get promoted. Don’t want to go through this again next year.
It's always the Germans that start things.

torchomatic

We were right by that paddock and the stewards and police chucked quite a few out after we scored our first goal. The guy behind me was on his phone talking to someone pointing out the Cheltenham fan who was "grassing" up City fans.

Sky Blue Way

We sat in the home stand, after we scored the first and second a few of the oldies were saying that the fans on the pitch should have been thrown out.

I found it surreal walking to my seat there was no boarding to stop people going on the pitch. No ball boys, just the fans throwing it back to the players. At half time people were taking out their flasks of tea and packed lunches.

The Cheltenham fans were very quiet, maybe because we were hammering them, but they were appreciating our quality in front of goal.

Liquid Gold

Cheltenham fans seemed a good bunch in general. I'm surprised people got kicked out unless they were being disrespectful. All their forums before the game were saying they were happy for the cash.

vow

How did it sound from the home end because the atmosphere felt fantastic behind the goal.
Sounded great, loud and proud.
Missus and I just looked at each other with hands over our face, laughing, pretending to be upset every time City scored!
Forgive me but I even felt compelled to fist pump in the air when Cheltenham scored :(

Oh and saw Les Reid in the away end too...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread