Hoffman... where the f**k are you ? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

sorry, i believe tha position is taken up by "a youngster"

think it might be a relation to ashley young ?

I never liked RR when he "Captained" SISU in the takeover, but started to warm to him in the latter stages before he and Hoffman left.
As DTD quite rightly states, RR put up Prozone as his investment, and consequently has lost out on millions of pounds.
Has anyone seriously thought why he and Hoffman walked out?...Could it be that they saw what SISU were doing to CCFC and wanted no part of it? My opinion of course.

Quite.

In the grand scheme of things it's the sale of players that is why we are where we are.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
i long for the day we have to discuss who to play in right midfeild as opposed to who is a creditor

This may surprise a few ccfcway but got to agree with you ......... i am a bit fed up with talking about the finances too !:thinking about:

cheever

I've said the same, LBB. Hoff's backers - if indeed there are any - will want their pound of flesh just as much as SISU do. If Hoff had all the money himself then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but unfortunately he doesn't. It's been a year, he should let us know what is happening.

Agreed, even if the Hoff did take over, we will need to ask some serious questions.

Brighton Sky Blue

This may surprise a few ccfcway but got to agree with you ......... i am a bit fed up with talking about the finances too !:thinking about:

I also long for the day when users on this forum stop bitching at each other because they're trying to untangle the SISU mess in different ways. It's like being in the playground!

Sky Blue Kid

:eek:
I also long for the day when users on this forum stop bitching at each other because they're trying to untangle the SISU mess in different ways. It's like being in the playground!

Why not close down the whole forum mate....there wouldn't be a playground to "Bitch in then":D...Seriously though, you're right, people are trying to "Put the world to rights" in their own way(Right or wrong) they ARE entitled to their opinions, and the sooner some posters realize this, the better!:). Some, like myself, can be easily offended, some have the skin of a rhino! Wouldn't it be easier to use the "Icons on the right" to show others how you mean to "Come across" Makes everything easier.:D
PS....I make no apologies for some "Icons" that I've used recently.:eek:

Brighton Sky Blue

:eek:

Why not close down the whole forum mate....there wouldn't be a playground to "Bitch in then":D...Seriously though, you're right, people are trying to "Put the world to rights" in their own way(Right or wrong) they ARE entitled to their opinions, and the sooner some posters realize this, the better!:). Some, like myself, can be easily offended, some have the skin of a rhino! Wouldn't it be easier to use the "Icons on the right" to show others how you mean to "Come across" Makes everything easier.:D
PS....I make no apologies for some "Icons" that I've used recently.:eek:

Haha, fair enough SBK...my point is that we're supposed to be able to come up with better retorts to someone's argument than a cheap one liner-if we can't, then just accept it. At the end of the day, with a few exceptions, we're all just randomers to each other so why some get so worked up over the opinions of a total stranger I've no idea.

Nonleagueherewecome

i long for the day we have to discuss who to play in right midfeild as opposed to who is a creditor

Bell or Baker. That's why we don't play with wingers!

Nonleagueherewecome

I think it's fair to say that every single owner in our division did a better job for their club than SISU did last season. I'd like more communication and honesty, as well as a modicum of competence, but I find these people who say "we have the worst owners ever: no point changing them though, the next lot will be just the same" just a bit contradictory!

Accordingly, it's hard to resist the "anyone but SISU" feelings. They are in a large group of people who I think of in this way: anybody but the Tories, anybody but Germany, anybody but Barry Manilow, anybody but Steve Davis, anybody but Man U, anybody but Pete Sampras, anybody but Nick Faldo, anybody but Paul Telfer, anybody but Chris Eubank, anybody but Gary Bailey, anybody but Chris Tavare, anybody but Russell Brand, anybody but Steps, anybody but Alan Shearer.

It's all relative, and most of the above are highly personal hatreds. But relative to any other owners, SISU can be quite objectively described as incompetent, amoral & exploitative failures as owners (custodians) of a football club.

I think it's fair to say that every single owner in our division did a better job for their club than SISU did last season. I'd like more communication and honesty, as well as a modicum of competence, but I find these people who say "we have the worst owners ever: no point changing them though, the next lot will be just the same" just a bit contradictory!

Accordingly, it's hard to resist the "anyone but SISU" feelings. They are in a large group of people who I think of in this way: anybody but the Tories, anybody but Germany, anybody but Barry Manilow, anybody but Steve Davis, anybody but Man U, anybody but Pete Sampras, anybody but Nick Faldo, anybody but Paul Telfer, anybody but Chris Eubank, anybody but Gary Bailey, anybody but Chris Tavare, anybody but Russell Brand, anybody but Steps, anybody but Alan Shearer.

It's all relative, and most of the above are highly personal hatreds. But relative to any other owners, SISU can be quite objectively described as incompetent, amoral & exploitative failures as owners (custodians) of a football club.

Nope - Portsmouth have the accolade of worst owner in the Division. SISU probably runners up although the bizarre goings on at Doncaster come a close 3rd allowing Willie MacKay to single handidly ruin the club.

As for Hoffman, Mutton invited him to the table but looks like his ship has sailed as he has moved on with a new bank venture. We must accept we are where we are - SISU / Council / Higgs Trust.

blueflint

non league sisu can only be described as greedy uncompromising coniving distrustfull hated need i go on :blue::blue::blue:

Nonleagueherewecome

when fit, hould we try christie as a RM with clarke at right back ?

Maybe, although it didn't work with Bridge for England or Fox here. But hey, maybe-just 6 or 7 months to go, and then we can try it?!

Nonleagueherewecome

when fit, hould we try christie as a RM with clarke at right back ?

Still need a LW option, too! Don't say Hussey as we don't have another LB...

I don't think Christie is technically good enough to play RW

Don't forget we are now talking Third Division status this season - Christie can more than handle this league as wide mid and would take next season by storm in that position.

Also he would operate a t least 20 yards further up the park where his runs would be shorter but more devastating and with less defensive duties.

Credit where it's due we could have a lower league Gareth Bale here - seriously

PUSB

wingy

I would'nt mind giving Liam davis another crack down the opposite side ,very similar player while he was with us,Doh forgot we can't

Nonleagueherewecome

Don't forget we are now talking Third Division status this season - Christie can more than handle this league as wide mid and would take next season by storm in that position.

Also he would operate a t least 20 yards further up the park where his runs would be shorter but more devastating and with less defensive duties.

PUSB

Nah, he hasn't got close to the technical ability of a Bale, just a very determined attitude and a bit of pace. Just compare most of Christies shots at goal to Bales, you can tell that Christie will never be able to do what Bale does. Bale was a midfielder out of position at full-back rather than a natural defender who got moved forwards. I'm never convinced by full-backs further forwards, they just don't get the space to exploit that they do when they are coming from deeper. Ziege being a case in point.

ccfcway

PUSB

And a lower league Beckham with David Bell

And a lower league Kieran Dyer with James McPake (the injury thing)

Nonleagueherewecome

And a lower league Beckham with David Bell

And a lower league Kieran Dyer with James McPake (the injury thing)

That pass against Midboro WAS Beckham-esque, though! In fact his entire performance was stunning: if only he could play like that more often, we'd bloody love him!

Nonleagueherewecome

only if Mcpake could PLAY more often we would love him !

Completely agree, I thought he was our best player apart from Westwood when he was last fully fit. An absolute beast of a centre-back, as wonderfully expressed by Gould in his CT interview about the guy. The injuries he's had are heartbreaking, but not quite as much as hearing that he was back to his best at Hibs, but SISU are still going to flog him for 50p :(

To those that disagree-you obviously didn't see him play during the long unbeaten Coleman run that took us to the edge of the play-offs, then? And I assume you didn't realise that at the point he got injured, we went from a 9 game unbeaten run to not winning for 9 games? That's pretty strong evidence to ignore!

Last edited:

Astute

To those that disagree-you obviously didn't see him play during the long unbeaten Coleman run that took us to the edge of the play-offs, then? And I assume you didn't realise that at the point he got injured, we went from a 9 game unbeaten run to not winning for 9 games? That's pretty strong evidence to ignore!

Yet it can be said that AT took over a team that was on a very bad run and only lost 2 out of the last 10 games, but when he lost his 1st team and never got to replace them he suddenly became our worse manager ever???

what type of evidence can we look at and what evidence should we ignore? :thinking about:

ajsccfc

I'm certain he would. Mourinho knows how to coach a team into holding onto a lead and we were very close to staying up under Andy Thorn as it was.

lordsummerisle

Indeed it would be, if it was actual evidence rather than made up.

We did have a 5 match unbeaten run(not 9), three of them draws mind you, and he missed two of those, did however play in 5 of the last 10 games without a win at the end of that season, can't remember if injury or just being crap the reason he didn't play the last four to be honest.

Completely agree, I thought he was our best player apart from Westwood when he was last fully fit. An absolute beast of a centre-back, as wonderfully expressed by Gould in his CT interview about the guy. The injuries he's had are heartbreaking, but not quite as much as hearing that he was back to his best at Hibs, but SISU are still going to flog him for 50p :(

Us old gits compare McPake with the legendary ROY BARRY and that is some complement I can assure you.

Both these guys are utterly fearless and put their heads where most centre halves would't put their boots - both very good in the air for their height and also waste few balls when in possession.

During that 9 game unbeaten run McPake put in awesome performances week after week until injured.

Sorely missed.

PUSB

lordsummerisle

Us old gits compare McPake with the legendary ROY BARRY and that is some complement I can assure you.

Both these guys are utterly fearless and put their heads where most centre halves would't put their boots - both very good in the air for their height and also waste few balls when in possession.

During that 9 game unbeaten run McPake put in awesome performances week after week until injured.

Sorely missed.

PUSB

Err, can you not read? There was no unbeaten 9 game run, and was in 5 of the 10 game non-winning run.

Think you old gits may suffer a little from dementia too.

Good with his head? If you want the ball just headed straight up in the air then he's your man?

As for not wasting balls when in possesion?

Always been intrigued in Sci-fi, and Alternative History/World type stuff, always thought it was just fiction though.

Seems I was wrong though, I seem to have somehow found myself on a parrallel Earth where everything seems the same, but reality is slightly skewed from the one I know.

This one is better though, McPake is a great player, and Thorn is the best manager we've ever had, and we play some of the most scintillating football ever known to man.

At least we can't have been relegated in this world.

DazzleTommyDazzle

This one is better though, McPake is a great player, and Thorn is the best manager we've ever had, and we play some of the most scintillating football ever known to man.

At least we can't have been relegated in this world.

All good points.

In addition I'm really fed up with those posters who continually claim that Thorn invented penicillin, set out the theory of relativity and was the first man on the moon.

Can't these people make postings that are even vaguely sensible?????????

Users who are viewing this thread