Hoffman & Joe (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

Anyone talk to them at the game about the potential takeover!!!

Sky

Overheard one man that said he was talking to them and they told him they are going in for "talks" early next week. Fingers crossed

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
They were down the bottom end furthest away from the entrance!

J

Jack Griffin

Yup they were there. They were about as far to one side of the goal as the blue smoke flare was on the other.

Pigeon

Heard a lot of buzz that they were there and I couldn't see them where I was at the far end. Heard a few chants, anti-sisu, and some guy with a cardboard sign. Really nice to see them there, sends a positive message. :blue:

Lord_Nampil

For the none attendees who like Fight Club, it was like Tyler Durden walking around the stand!! Good pr move by him, just hope wat ever he does
Comes off, with a few
Additions and the current crop of academy players we could be in the position all fans want!

Si80

Stood next to them both all game. A couple of lads said to Joe that we need to get "them" out. But Hoffman said nothing for the whole match and just spent most of the time on his phone or talking to his lad.

Nonleagueherewecome

Heard a lot of buzz that they were there and I couldn't see them where I was at the far end. Heard a few chants, anti-sisu, and some guy with a cardboard sign. Really nice to see them there, sends a positive message. :blue:

That'd be me and my mate :D We held up the SISU OUT side, then turned it around to show him the HOFF IN! side, and he gave us a huge thumbs up! To all those that said I wouldn't get seen by the board or anyone of consequence-The Hoffs reaction was all I could ever have asked for and more :D

The vibe around them was really good, and to stand with us fans in a crappy terrace was a great PR move. Yet didn't feel fake; they're City fans like us, after all. The sort of thing SISU could never pull off.

Both seemed really happy to be there, too. Joe stayed afterwards to chat with fans, although I think The Hoff had scarpered by then. Most fans enthused to Elliott about the young players on show, and he said "wonderful, aren't they?".

At one stage in the 1st half they were eyeing the dugout areas with binoculars, and a woman told me that they'd been trying to establish "if there were any suits there", meaning board-members I assume.

Last edited:

sky blue john

so i take it no sisu brigade there ?
It really shows how interested in our club sisu are, can't even be bothered to show up !

ajsccfc

It really shows how interested in our club sisu are, can't even be bothered to show up !

Pre-season warmup games normally being a hotbed of activity for board members, of course. Up and down the land, high-ranking suits are slumming it with a weak tea at Altrincham and contracting disease off a dodgy burger outside Aylesbury Town.

TheRoyalScam

I heard Swiss Toni's chauffeured limo couldn't negotiate the tricky roads in Treacletown, so he went back to Coombe Abbey for some fine wines and dining. Perhaps the Nigerian was simply catching up on some scam e-mails, and the Token Fat Local Bloke was too busy trying to drum up 'investment' from local corner shops. Brody was allegedly scouting our next 'franchise player' from the Canadian under-21 league, while Clouting was negotiating in a fictitious meeting with the council to purchase a share in the Ricoh...........not!

Never a dull moment with the SISU-appointed board - miles better than 'Home and Away' or 'Emmerdale' I say.

bamalamafizzfazz

That'd be me and my mate :D We held up the SISU OUT side, then turned it around to show him the HOFF IN! side, and he gave us a huge thumbs up! To all those that said I wouldn't get seen by the board or anyone of consequence-The Hoffs reaction was all I could ever have asked for and more :D

The vibe around them was really good, and to stand with us fans in a crappy terrace was a great PR move. Yet didn't feel fake; they're City fans like us, after all. The sort of thing SISU could never pull off.

Both seemed really happy to be there, too. Joe stayed afterwards to chat with fans, although I think The Hoff had scarpered by then. Most fans enthused to Elliott about the young players on show, and he said "wonderful, aren't they?".

At one stage in the 1st half they were eyeing the dugout areas with binoculars, and a woman told me that they'd been trying to establish "if there were any suits there", meaning board-members I assume.

Saw you got a mention on Cov Mad's text commentary and said on here I bet that is Nonleagueherewecome lol, well done :D

TheOldFive

I heard Swiss Toni's chauffeured limo couldn't negotiate the tricky roads in Treacletown, so he went back to Coombe Abbey for some fine wines and dining. Perhaps the Nigerian was simply catching up on some scam e-mails, and the Token Fat Local Bloke was too busy trying to drum up 'investment' from local corner shops. Brody was allegedly scouting our next 'franchise player' from the Canadian under-21 league, while Clouting was negotiating in a fictitious meeting with the council to purchase a share in the Ricoh...........not!

Never a dull moment with the SISU-appointed board - miles better than 'Home and Away' or 'Emmerdale' I say.
The joke is, everything you say they are up to in jest would probably be more palatable than what is probably really going on. PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

TheOldFive, another CT refugee calmbering on board if memory serves?

Nonleagueherewecome

Clouting and Onye Igwe were both in attendance yesterday.

It would have been lovely of them to join us in the away end. But I can see why they didn't-the half-time chips there were crap.

Kuklinski

Hoffman used to sit a row in front of me in the old West Stand 20 years ago. You'd never have thought then he would become a high roller in the financial world. I wish him all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread