Hoffman bid rumours (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Anybody heard anything as i just caught the end of a conversation on the radio with Stuart Linnell saying that if a deal is to happen it will be done by the end of June. Like I said did not catch the whole conversation so can anyone else shed any light on the matter?

ccfcway

he is speaking to people and wants to get a bid sorted by the end of June in order to get ready for next season.

Main prob is that, lets humour him and say that this is going to happen, SISU can easily say "no deal" and thats that....

TommyAtkins

I think what Linnell was saying was: if there was a bid, it would be important to get it concluded before June, to allow the management staff plenty of time to start planning and training for the new season

Paxman II

this is interesting and sounds like there is something in this. I would expect that Hoffman's connections financially and RR 's connections it would not be so difficult to get 30k+ and arrange a deal with the council for the stadium set over a period of years with immediate and total rights.
Don't expect anything to come to fruition for some months though...

Regis87

Actually spoke to " well connected person " last week , he confirmed what we probably know in that talks are happening at the moment with a potential investor / investors and they are " hopeful of a deal ". But did say that without investment a lot of our better players will not be there next season .

Last edited:

Roger H

Is the significance of 30 June the date when players contracts expire (those whose contracts run out anyway) ?
The hope being that if GH has control of the club by then, he might be able to persuade Westy, Gunnar, King etc to stay ?

Jimthor

Leonard Brody has responded to someone asking about these rumours on twitter, insisting the club is not for sale. The message is SISU will welcome investment, but they will not sell. I wonder if he'd consider working with them again or if he's only after buying the club from them?

paul1978

if they keep insisting the club is NOT FOR SALE THEN
i really dont know why gary hoffman is bothering to do a takeover bid
personally i hope he sussesful but i very much doubt it.

Nick

Administrator
Leonard Brody has responded to someone asking about these rumours on twitter, insisting the club is not for sale. The message is SISU will welcome investment, but they will not sell. I wonder if he'd consider working with them again or if he's only after buying the club from them?

So they want money for nothing?

rob9872

And chicks for free?

rob9872

They've certainly put us in Dire Straits!

Jimthor

So they want money for nothing?

I'm not entirely sure when they say they want investment but not buying. Maybe they're happy to sell off a certain proportion of the club for the investment, but want to remain in overal control?

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think the whole "not for sale" thing is just posturing.

KD said that it took a lot of persuading to get SISU to put in the £8m to stop the club going into receivership. So we're supposed to believe that they were very close to letting it go into receivership, but wouldn't accept money for it...........

Anyone like to explain that???????????

6 Generations

Richard Keys attended the game on Saturday and, as we all know , he was in the company of Gary Hoffman. He stated on Talksport about 2 hours ago that the current owners of Coventry City would appear to have run out of money and, as such there could well be a takeover at the end of the season. It seems Hoffman and Keys chatted over their complimentary 'shandy'.

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

if they keep insisting the club is NOT FOR SALE THEN
i really dont know why gary hoffman is bothering to do a takeover bid
personally i hope he sussesful but i very much doubt it.

This is what has confused me throughout. You'd think in their situation they'd be happy to get ANY cash back-and jump at every chance to publicise our availability! Dulieu said they'd convinced SISU to "give them a shot at getting some of their investment back" (rather than liquidate us, presumably). So surely any bid is better than that? Isn't a 10-20m bid a fair % of their investment back?

As ever, there is so much more we don't know about behind the scenes. If it's just posturing..well, it's pathetic. But then SISU acting like pathetic children (Brody in particular) shouldn't surprise anyone.

paul1978

i thought he left the board he resigned over the connor thomas sale

WOULD SOMEONE STAND TO CORRECT ME ON THIS ONE AS I THOUGHT GARY HOFFMAN IS NO LONGER WITH THE CLUB AT ALL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread