Highlights - Coventry vs Blackburn (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

robbiekeane

Thanks Stupot. Nowhere near as clear cut as I thought to be fair.

I think the defenders right knee just very slightly tags Goddens heel. I think it’s almost impossible to make your own leg hit the other without a slight touch there.

But I will take back 3 boos I gave to the ref for that. Can see why he didn’t give it.

View attachment 24299
It’s 100% a blatant foul and I actually think it’s harder to see the slower you watch it.

Not a penalty though, definitely outside the area. Free kick and a red card

CCFCSteve

Thanks Stupot. Nowhere near as clear cut as I thought to be fair.

I think the defenders right knee just very slightly tags Goddens heel. I think it’s almost impossible to make your own leg hit the other without a slight touch there.

But I will take back 3 boos I gave to the ref for that. Can see why he didn’t give it.

View attachment 24299
Exactly. Knee clips back leg

shmmeee

Has anyone, let alone a pro athlete tripped themselves up like that by accident? I think he’s had his trailing leg tapped.

Frostie

Has anyone, let alone a pro athlete tripped themselves up like that by accident? I think he’s had his trailing leg tapped.

Darius Henderson.
But seriously, I am in total agreement with you. There is absolutely no way the defender intentionally completely changes the direction of his run to cut across the back of Godden without the intent to clip him & his sheepish reaction says a lot. People don't realise that when you are running at speed it only takes very small, unexpected contact to knock you off balance.

@Adge will tell you, player reactions give away a lot. Having seen how Blackburn (Van Hecke in particular) acted all afternoon, if it was a dive he would have been in both Godden & the Ref's face demanding a booking.
Godden remonstrated with the ref for a good few minutes after too, given he's the only player in the country to be banned for diving this season, why would he go down there just as he's about to roll the ball in?

It wasn't that the ref didn't think it was a foul, he'd have booked him if so, he genuinely had no idea, looked bewildered & looked to his assistant for help.

Users who are viewing this thread