here we go... (2 Viewers)

albatross

If you mistreated your wife for 7 years , stop paying maintenance, take her to court and then move out saying you don't want to be with her then take her to court again..... is it any surprise that she may choose to settle down with someone else?

Bill Glazier

This just confirms what we all knew anyway, SISU aren't even slightly interested in running a football club. Their only interest is, and always was, to get hold of the Ricoh for next to nothing. And what's so pathetic is that they couldn't have failed more spectacularly - they're not even any good at being bad. Surely the FL can see now that they represent everything that's wrong with football ownership and aren't fit to run the proverbial whelk store. They are the very definition of unfit owners.

ccfc1234

Wasps are clearly run by smarter people than CCFC. If they have any sense they will react to this latest crap by trying to get the football club out of the Ricoh for good. Frankly, you couldn't blame them if they did.

I do not disagree with you. But I think we have a binding deal for 2 years with an option to have 2 more at our discression.

I have never wanted SISU to win a case more than this one. Would be great for CCFC and put the franchise money boys in a tight spot which is exactly what they deserve for moving in like an rugby version of MK Dons.

wingy

I do not disagree with you. But I think we have a binding deal for 2 years with an option to have 2 more at our discression.

I have never wanted SISU to win a case more than this one. Would be great for CCFC and put the franchise money boys in a tight spot which is exactly what they deserve for moving in like an rugby version of MK Dons.

People have suddenly started quoting 3 yrs ,even Clive on the phone In tonight .

ccfc1234

Am sure SISU are not total mugs and the would not be taking people to court for fun. Something based on a dislike for SISU and their tactics have gone on that is not above board. Ann Lucas cannot stand Joy Sapella so much so she would rather see the club she professes to love homeless and with competition on its hands as the no 1 club in Coventry.
When people make things personal they do things they otherwise might not and I really hope Ann Lucas come out of this smelling of a sewage recycling plant.

Sub

You should go, who knows maybe we will even win.

Just remember our loyalty should be to the football club, not the owners.

no chance mate done and dusted until we are rid of our owners, they have shown no loyalty to the thoughts or feelings of the fans they have one goal to get money back for their investors. well my money will stay in my pocket again nothing from me or my family now they seriously can go fuck themselves and their investors:censored:

Paxman II

This is disappointing. While I can understand their reasoning it is none the less not going to achieve a fat lot is it? So why muddy the already troubled waters at a time when the football club have a working relationship with the new Ricoh owners? I accept this is not an action against WASP directly but the council. However if the end result is WASP must re finance their loan and/or are ordered to repay immediately then that difficulty will surely sour any relationship the football club has?
If we are even to build our own stadium then surely we also need to start the process of rebuilding some relationship with the council? A busted relationship though of itself can not affect the councils planning committee you can't possibly think otherwise it wouldn't do anything but harm to the process?

If the end game is to see the deal with WASP crushed then that suggest SISU want the Ricoh. They have had opportunities for that on a number of occasions and have failed to even get close. While I dispute the workings of the council's 250 year deal with WASP I none the less can't see an end game for SISU.
Putting similar effort into securing the clubs place at the Ricoh long term with a share in the stadium etc would be time better spent.

skybluetony176

I think you should read OSB's post. I think you might be clutching at straws there fella.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Depends on how much the conditions devalued it. The W's bid was unconditional remember.

The conditions were a joint community partnership between the club and Higgs doing things like building links with schools and youth clubs and special emphasis on under privileged children and those with disabilities, turning the Ricoh into a community hub with an IT cafe, library, recording studio. Tackling anti social behaviour and health and obesity issues, and developing third party relationships with community work like fire, police, health services.

Higgs gave some poor excuse about how they didn't want to do it when the reality was they never had any intention of accepting the CCFC offer even if they bid £20 million.

SkyBlueSid

What the club's owners seem to fail to grasp is that by the time all this nonsense is concluded -even in the unlikely event that they win the case - is that there will be hardly any fans left to watch them. There may be a couple of dozen people debating it on this forum, but most City fans are just fed up with the way SISU are conducting themselves to the detriment of the club. The apathy to their antics will spread to apathy over going to games.

ccfc1234

no chance mate done and dusted until we are rid of our owners, they have shown no loyalty to the thoughts or feelings of the fans they have one goal to get money back for their investors. well my money will stay in my pocket again nothing from me or my family now they seriously can go fuck themselves and their investors:censored:

If they get there money back we would not be in L1. Yes they want to make money from CCFC but does Mike Ashley not want that at Newcastle and now Rangers? Daniel Levy at Spurs. You make it sound like SISU are the only owners in football who want a return on investment, and frankly that's not true.

Where SISU have been out of order is the way they have disregarded the fans in their pursuit of the bigger picture goals, such as Ricoh ownership on the cheap by distressing ACL so they had falling revenue.

You not going is about you as a fan feeling wronged (which you have been) but I grantee the way out is not to let the club die based on your principal they want to make money as that goes for many owners.

martcov

Am sure SISU are not total mugs and the would not be taking people to court for fun. Something based on a dislike for SISU and their tactics have gone on that is not above board. Ann Lucas cannot stand Joy Sapella so much so she would rather see the club she professes to love homeless and with competition on its hands as the no 1 club in Coventry.
When people make things personal they do things they otherwise might not and I really hope Ann Lucas come out of this smelling of a sewage recycling plant.

SISU have thrown everything at CCC and Higgs, armies of lawyers, spinmerchant ML, rumours, Propaganda journalist LR. Time, stress, money - the kitchen sink. And still - until now - lost. If anything is personal it's from Joy who said take my offer or I will tie you up in expensive time consuming court cases. Well she has stuck to her word. Unfortunately even if they get a result, it will be for SISU and has nothing to do with the football team. Joy has lost a Fortune here and is trying like hell to get something back, even if it is just pride.

wingy

If they get there money back we would not be in L1. Yes they want to make money from CCFC but does Mike Ashley not want that at Newcastle and now Rangers? Daniel Levy at Spurs. You make it sound like SISU are the only owners in football who want a return on investment, and frankly that's not true.

Where SISU have been out of order is the way they have disregarded the fans in their pursuit of the bigger picture goals, such as Ricoh ownership on the cheap by distressing ACL so they had falling revenue.

You not going is about you as a fan feeling wronged (which you have been) but I grantee the way out is not to let the club die based on your principal they want to make money as that goes for many owners.

They will never get their Investment back, why Continue??

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's disappointing you feel that way. You shouldn't let your feelings for our owners affect your loyalty to the football club, I hate SISU but I don't let that stop me and I'll still be at the Ricoh every week.

martcov

The conditions were a joint community partnership between the club and Higgs doing things like building links with schools and youth clubs and special emphasis on under privileged children and those with disabilities, turning the Ricoh into a community hub with an IT cafe, library, recording studio. Tackling anti social behaviour and health and obesity issues, and developing third party relationships with community work like fire, police, health services.

Higgs gave some poor excuse about how they didn't want to do it when the reality was they never had any intention of accepting the CCFC offer even if they bid £20 million.

A nice letter with nice aims - but bollocks. They knew füll well that they were out whilst they writing what people want to hear. They had over 7 years to do these things, but didn't.

SkyBlueSid

SISU have thrown everything at CCC and Higgs, armies of lawyers, spinmerchant ML, rumours, Propaganda journalist LR. Time, stress, money - the kitchen sink. And still - until now - lost. If anything is personal it's from Joy who said take my offer or I will tie you up in expensive time consuming court cases. Well she has stuck to her word. Unfortunately even if they get a result, it will be for SISU and has nothing to do with the football team. Joy has lost a Fortune here and is trying like hell to get something back, even if it is just pride.

They are clearly after money. The Ricoh is gone, Wasps own it now and that will not change. All SISU want is a fat slice of compensation from someone to get some of their losses back. If they did, they might just decide to clear off. But as the club would be worthless in terms of a sale, it could be liquidated. Careful what we wish for, I reckon.

rondog1973

Lets hope for once they bloody win for a change! There is something that seems a little suspect about the sale to me, the way it was kept secret and then all rushed through with pretty much time for anyone to object, the low price, everyone claiming confidentiality. Even the unanimous vote, is there not a single CCFC supporter on the council who thought hang on a minute, if this goes through we're screwed?
Sorry Dave, as a poster on here who's opinions I normally concur with, this is a dreadfully naive thing to say.

Sisu own the club, but they've never acted in the interests of the club as a sporting entity or a footballing representation of the City of Coventry. I, and I suspect many others hope they never get a sniff of Ricoh ownership and look forward once again to the courts serving them their garnished arse on a plate.

SkyBlue_Bear83

A nice letter with nice aims - but bollocks. They knew füll well that they were out whilst they writing what people want to hear. They had over 7 years to do these things, but didn't.

Just pointing out Higgs 'reasons' for rejecting our bid were equally bollocks. They never had any intention of accepting anything other than the Wasps offer.

Covstu

so the statement says:

'Today’s action does not change our short, medium and long-term aims, and does not impact the financial resources available to manager Steven Pressley to spend on the pitch during the January transfer window.'

What fucking plans...... what fucking money!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sorry Dave, as a poster on here who's opinions I normally concur with, this is a dreadfully naive thing to say.

Sisu own the club, but they've never acted in the interests of the club as a sporting entity or a footballing representation of the City of Coventry. I, and I suspect many others hope they never get a sniff of Ricoh ownership and look forward once again to the courts serving them their garnished arse on a plate.

That's the exact attitude from fans and from the council that has gotten us into this place and meant that the Ricoh ownership has now fallen into the wrong hands for the next 250 years.

dongonzalos

This is because Wasps the bullshiters pretended that they wanted a good relationship with the club then they put their own badge up!!! If that was not provoking enough they wanted the best changing rooms for themselves!!!!
The bastards!! go SISU.

I do find it a bit strange it bothers us though, we had moved on when it came to negotiating for the place.

Also we are on the verge of buying new land.

Some conspiracy theorist idiots on here are bound to think it is an attempt to drag wasps into legal proceedings in case they struggle to make the Ricoh work they will then potentially feel extra financial pressure. Also maybe eventually the club will have to move out again, this not helping ACL financially

rondog1973

That's the exact attitude from fans and from the council that has gotten us into this place and meant that the Ricoh ownership has now fallen into the wrong hands for the next 250 years.
By Jingo you're right! It's all our fault! All along we were blaming Sisu for their abhorrent malpractice but I think you've just solved the riddle!!

dongonzalos

Just pointing out Higgs 'reasons' for rejecting our bid were equally bollocks. They never had any intention of accepting anything other than the Wasps offer.

At one point they did, second time round after SISU tried to financially crush them, you are right they probably didn't to be fair. It would have had to have taken a significant bid to force their arm. So we bid 30k more

Last edited:

wingy

What a strange one for a Christian as well .

Most people exchange Christmas Cards at this time of year.:thinking about:

Sub

I have no problem with the owners making money but the way they go about it is the issue I have, no investment, shit on the pitch, fans treated like crap, taking everybody to court, bullshit stadium plans and you think me supporting the team is not supporting them ? well I am sorry imho every penny I give them helps towards the shit we have endured while they have been here, I don't want the club to die but it is going to with our owners and it doesn't matter if I go or not/

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

By Jingo you're right! It's all our fault! All along we were blaming Sisu for their abhorrent malpractice but I think you've just solved the riddle!!
It's not a defence of SISU but a criticism of the council.

If the council didn't take the attitude you had expressed the club would now own the Ricoh, Wasps wouldn't be here and we'd probably be at least a mid table championship club but no this is much better I'm ecstatic the council held strong against SISU.

...And who says by Jingo?

rupert_bear

I'm anti wasps and sick of the cheerleading for them on here but our owners don't half make it easy for some people to turn there back on the football and join the wasps bandwagon.
Who is cheerleading the Wasps on here, the only time I read anything Wasps on here is when a so called anti Wasp puts some sort of post up about them.

rondog1973

It's not a defence of SISU but a criticism of the council.

If the council didn't take the attitude you had expressed the club would now own the Ricoh, Wasps wouldn't be here and we'd probably be at least a mid table championship club but no this is much better I'm ecstatic the council held strong against SISU.

...And who says by Jingo?
It is an indirect defence of Sisu (We are where we are at due to the attitude of fans/local authority) via pointing the finger of blame away from the major protaginists.

The 'club' would not own the stadium, Sisu would.

I, and crusty old colonial types say by jingo.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is an indirect defence of Sisu (We are where we are at due to the attitude of fans/local authority) via pointing the finger of blame away from the major protaginists.

The 'club' would not own the stadium, Sisu would.

I, and crusty old colonial types say by jingo.
Not at all, one can criticise the council without defending SISU. Their attitude towards SISU, whilst it may have been an understandable attitude from there point of view taking into account SISUs past actions. Their attitude, whether it is justified or not has undoubtedly contributed to the current situation we are in.

Users who are viewing this thread