Hello (1 Viewer)

Singerbloke123

I am new to the forum. Although I am based in the south I thought it auspicious to start following Coventry City. The reason? Well I am restoring a 1936 Singer sports car (complete wreck) and the link to Coventry city from its origins when formed by the Singer works team way back when. Hopefully I will be welcomed as a long distance supporter. If not appropriate i will gracefully withdraw.

Otis

I am new to the forum. Although I am based in the south I thought it auspicious to start following Coventry City. The reason? Well I am restoring a 1936 Singer sports car (complete wreck) and the link to Coventry city from its origins when formed by the Singer works team way back when. Hopefully I will be welcomed as a long distance supporter. If not appropriate i will gracefully withdraw.
Just don't mention anything positive about Wasps, Coventry City Council or RCC and you'll be fine.

olderskyblue

You have to respect someone taking on a challenge like that. It will be hours of hard work, lots of mistakes and heartbreak, and just when you think you've got it all sorted, it will break down again.

Re-building the car will be tough too.... ;)

Singerbloke123

You have to respect someone taking on a challenge like that. It will be hours of hard work, lots of mistakes and heartbreak, and just when you think you've got it all sorted, it will break down again.

Re-building the car will be tough too.... ;)
Nice reply - made I larf!

olderskyblue

Which one is it, the bantam?

Nick

Administrator
Jeez! Looks like a hefty project!

How will you source parts? Will they all need to be fabricated especially?

Singerbloke123

Which one is it, the bantam?

Well there lies a tale. It has a 1936 Bantam engine, 1933 Radiator, 1936 Bantam chassis and 1935 'Long Tail' le mans body. Engine block had a crack about a foot long. Luckily below the water jacket. Looks like a con rod has gone through the block many years ago. fixed by plating.

Singerbloke123

Jeez! Looks like a hefty project!

How will you source parts? Will they all need to be fabricated especially?
Yep it is a project and a half. I have been able to manufacture a few bits myself but luckily everything is there. Doing 99% myself as not a millionaire. Some progress. 20160505_132833.jpg

oscillatewildly

Come on, be honest now. It's ok - we've all become hardened to the truth. The Singer connection is endearing but the real reason for forging this link is your description of "complete wreck", isn't it?

olderskyblue

I expect you photographed everything, and labeled everything else, before you took it apart.

Is their a singer owners club near you?

Singerbloke123

I expect you photographed everything, and labeled everything else, before you took it apart.

Is their a singer owners club near you?
Mostly - some of it is around here somewhere........... Asco Singer owners club meets in the New forest. Going there tomorrow night. About 5 members.

Users who are viewing this thread