Have we got the worst owners in this league? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

They will probably finish fairly high up the league. The owners didn’t necessarily have bad intent - like the Venkys they lacked any real knowledge. They’ve signed some pretty good players for the season

skyblueelephant76

They will probably finish fairly high up the league. The owners didn’t necessarily have bad intent - like the Venkys they lacked any real knowledge. They’ve signed some pretty good players for the season
They overspent over a number of years, I'm assuming they have someone that can add up?

They are still under a transfer embargo and have a further 6 points suspended penalty. They have made some good signings but they are all short term and I'd be surprised if they can keep up current form.

long way home

Hiring MR was by far the best decision they ever made. But that good decision has exposed the limitations they have which inturn tempers the aspiration. They have no desire to push on as another good decision to invest at the right time to go higher, would bring an issue with the financial model they run, which effects money being taken out.

Very limited, im sure they quietly thought fans would be happy to clap like performing seals cus we had a good season. Unfortunately fans rightly want to see equal commitment from owners and players they show to buy into the process. With these owners they truly have disregard for fans, they have lied and used us without a care or effect. I do now think that fans are seeing this play out and really Sisu have nothing to hide behind. Too many times the victim dorsnt wash anymore. I also don't think a couple of wins will stop the questions.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hiring MR was by far the best decision they ever made. But that good decision has exposed the limitations they have which inturn tempers the aspiration. They have no desire to push on as another good decision to invest at the right time to go higher, would bring an issue with the financial model they run, which effects money being taken out.

Very limited, im sure they quietly thought fans would be happy to clap like performing seals cus we had a good season. Unfortunately fans rightly want to see equal commitment from owners and players they show to buy into the process. With these owners they truly have disregard for fans, they have lied and used us without a care or effect. I do now think that fans are seeing this play out and really Sisu have nothing to hide behind. Too many times the victim dorsnt wash anymore. I also don't think a couple of wins will stop the questions.

Season tickets up by £50, record sales and the return is the worst transfer window since the infamous Mowbray summer. People see that and perhaps rightly think there's no point putting in all the money if the manager actually sees even less than he did the previous year.

Grendel

The main issue really is since 2012 nothing has been resolved in permanent residency - I think Birmingham are in an equally perilous position but it’s farcical we are operating on a sub 10 year lease still and no ground of plan B on the horizon

Reactions: AOM

Matt smith

No one has said a thing about SISU for 3 years.. winless start to the season, get on their back..... Never change Cov fans 🤣
Silly arguement

I wasn’t happy about the owners but when we’re doing well it’s not an issue

when we’re doing poor the owner situation gets heightened

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

This seasons transfer window has to be one of the worst for us in several years. Sisu havnt backed MR or put their hands in their pockets at all despite the great results last season. For me it shows we have a bunch of tight fisted businessman in charge who dont want the club to go any further as they are frightened it will cost them money. They are quite happy for a mid to lower league finish or even league one which wont cost them anything

Ashdown

Hated them from around 2009 when the penny started to drop about their intentions and limitations. Their management fees, interest charges constantly building debt up against the club, their legal tantrums and demands and spite that turned even our own council against the club ( or it’s owners ). Playing away from Coventry.
MR and his team has done wonders in the last few years on the pitch against all the odds and with very little input from those parasites. They now just offer a glass ceiling and at every opportunity will cash in players at a whim .
If all clubs were playing by these rules then fair enough but they’re not so we are relying on a wonder season from low cost buys and freebies or loans. Sooner or later this will fail and we will slide, let’s hope not this season. Depends I guess on what they do to our squad in the last few days of the transfer window.

Fergusons_Beard

Season tickets up by £50, record sales and the return is the worst transfer window since the infamous Mowbray summer. People see that and perhaps rightly think there's no point putting in all the money if the manager actually sees even less than he did the previous year.

Honestly think most fans support our club no matter what goes on.

Yes we have quite a fickle bunch and considering how big Coventry is-a fair few glory hunters too.

But then I went to Northampton, Burton and Birmingham because I support whatever team is put on the pitch.

Shame majority didn’t see some of the football we played in our lower league wilderness years.

I understand the frustration of nearly being a bloody brilliant football club that is a few stellar signings from promotion.

What I don’t get is all the negativity around transfers-it’s been this way since SISU took over and really should be no surprise.

Robins knows it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brighton Sky Blue

Honestly think most fans support our club no matter what goes on.

Yes we have quite a fickle bunch and considering how big Coventry is-a fair few glory hunters too.

But then I went to Northampton, Burton and Birmingham because I support whatever team is put on the pitch.

Shame majority didn’t see some of the football we played in our lower league wilderness years.

I understand the frustration of nearly being a bloody brilliant football club that is a few stellar signings from promotion.

What I don’t get is all the negativity around transfers-it’s been this way since SISU took over and really should be no surprise.

Robins knows it too.

I'm on about season tickets more than generally turning up to matches.

Fergusons_Beard

Silly arguement

I wasn’t happy about the owners when we’re doing well because it’s not an issue

when we’re doing poor the owner situation gets heightened

That’s how fickle we are.

SISU have and continue to be shit owners.

They haven’t suddenly changed their transfer policy overnight.

As learned posters have said a multitude of times (OSB, Grendel etc) SISU continue to take money OUT of the club every single season.

The teams on-field successes have merely pulled the wool over our eyes.

All this negativity does though is upset the manager and our players.

The atmosphere at the CBS has been fantastic recently but I fear what will happen if we go a goal down on Weds.

Last year we went a goal down and we knew we could get back into it.

This team still has the same resilience-2 bad results doesn’t change that.

The team need our support at its most vulnerable .

Esoterica

Will be interesting to see if she is at the game on Wednesday. She was all too happy to be in the limelight last year, in and around the Ricoh, letting herself be interviewed by fans. Unless I've missed something from her, she seems to have vanished completely during these last few weeks of chaos, while Boddy deals with it all.

skyblueelephant76

Everyone keeps going on about record season ticket sales when all it does is bring in more of the money up front. Unless we get a higher average attendance over the season it makes very little difference.

Brighton Sky Blue

Everyone keeps going on about record season ticket sales when all it does is bring in more of the money up front. Unless we get a higher average attendance over the season it makes very little difference.

Well it doesn't, because the money comes in divided by 23 and paid per game, not all at once when you buy the ticket. In any case it shows record numbers of people making a not inconsiderable up front payment when money is tighter than usual.

Matt smith

That’s how fickle we are.

SISU have and continue to be shit owners.

They haven’t suddenly changed their transfer policy overnight.

As learned posters have said a multitude of times (OSB, Grendel etc) SISU continue to take money OUT of the club every single season.

The teams on-field successes have merely pulled the wool over our eyes.

All this negativity does though is upset the manager and our players.

The atmosphere at the CBS has been fantastic recently but I fear what will happen if we go a goal down on Weds.

Last year we went a goal down and we knew we could get back into it.

This team still has the same resilience-2 bad results doesn’t change that.

The team need our support at its most vulnerable .

Agree with all this.

I still thought sisu were shit owners when we were winning

Sky Blue Pete

Will be interesting to see if she is at the game on Wednesday. She was all too happy to be in the limelight last year, in and around the Ricoh, letting herself be interviewed by fans. Unless I've missed something from her, she seems to have vanished completely during these last few weeks of chaos, while Boddy deals with it all.
Think it’s a club issue

Gint11

I reckon @Greggs mate said I’ll give you some insider information if you can get me a free sausage roll.

Alkhen

You one of them?

Nope, seen enough players come and go to not lose my shit over the sale of a steady championship level defender. There are people acting like we've sold Maldini for a quid.

SISU are far from perfect and their initial stadium wranglings set is back years. If you can isolate that shit show (that is now pretty much out of our control) and actually judge them on their actions post League 2 relegation the club has performed better year on year. Despite what people say they have backed Robins after every major sale they have made.

Far too many entitled brats on here who expect things to happen like they do in videogames. We have budgets and expenses that need to be managed. We have tried spending out of our budget before and it landed us in shit. We have to factor in the cost of COVID and the totally unprecedented situation Wasps caused with the pitch. Times are hard.

I'm a big brave boy and won't cry if a few players are sold 😭 Give me a few years consolidation over risking it all any day.

Users who are viewing this thread