Harry Maguire (1 Viewer)

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Watching England v Brazil, he’s definitely a / the Utd weak link…

Positioning dogshit, so slow with the turning circle of an articulated lorry and he’s always got a mistake in him. I used to rate him for England but he’s so bad

Hobo

Watch him score against us now 😂

long way home

He is one step away of making a blunder every gane i see him and he is not getting better. Its not his fault Utd paid the fee or the fact he keeps getting in this squad. Its the game and the managers that pick him.

He is not the only one that shouldn't be near this squad, but thats a different conversation.

long way home

would you have him over Kitching or Thomas?

I would have to see Thomas and Kitching in the prem to give a honest answer. But what i see now and remember of Harry was at 22 he was further a head than the two mentioned.

But the opinion is about HM now and playing for England not an opinion on he is better or worse than others.

Paxman II

TBH this is a weak Brazil side and England will never win anything under Southgate. The way England play I actually beleive the mighty Sky Blues could beat them. Foden goes missing in an England shirt - why is that? There are some far better players Southgate could pick too. It's poor. Gallagher, not at this level. Surprising good debut from Gordon. Chilwell is garbage. Bidders would do better. henderson still in the squad tells you everything. Bored, can't wait for these Int Breaks to be over!

long way home

We play like we scared to lose more than play knowing we can win. Its Southgate, he has always been a safe coach and not a good one either. Look at his selections, look at his press conferences, he talks about conversations where he knows he is safe and on script. When its a question he doesn't like he gets all confused and lost like he doesn't understand the question.

He is a politician more than a coach, a snake who i wouldn't trust in anything he says. We have gone back to the FA yes man a scared man without any bollocks about him to have an individual opinion. Unfortunately i have seen him close up and heard him talk about coaching, not somebody id want anywhere near my club.

ccfc1234

If we had pep from Man City we would win games like this with the talent we have. It's incompetence from the FA not to see how we are a decent manager away from something significant.
Southgate unites the squad and for that he deserves credit but his record against the top teams in world football is concerning.

Matt smith

Our chance creation is so poor for how many attacking players of quality we have

Conor Gallagher isn’t England standard

mainoo did better than him

Last edited:

David O'Day

Maguire is a good player, for a team that doesn't want a high line. He doesn't have the pace to be able to play higher up the pitch which is what makes him not world class. But he is far better than he is given credit for.
Pretty much this, limit the space behind him and make him play simple and he is pretty good.

Good chance he won't play against us as when united have 2 other CBs he seems to miss out

oscillatewildly

Maguire is a good player, for a team that doesn't want a high line. He doesn't have the pace to be able to play higher up the pitch which is what makes him not world class. But he is far better than he is given credit for.
Absolute bollocks. This guy is from an age when defenders weren't expected to be 'footballers' - that age passed decades ago. Harry Maguire isn't even a defender from that bygone age!

oscillatewildly

Harry Maguire is a top defender. Not 80m but he’s a good player. His lack of pace is a concern but he’d walk into most teams in the prem easily
Did you witness his one and only opportunity to display his 'top' defending this evening?
I don't think the queue to sign his signature amongst the top two divisions come Monday morning will be anything to get a tape measure out for!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Did you witness his one and only opportunity to display his 'top' defending this evening?
I don't think the queue to sign his signature amongst the top two divisions come Monday morning will be anything to get a tape measure out for!
Most defenders make mistakes. Maguire is no different, is he a top 4 side defender. No - but he’s a class operator. His issue is that he isn’t a ball playing defender - which Southgate and Ten Hag like.

oscillatewildly

Most defenders make mistakes. Maguire is no different, is he a top 4 side defender. No - but he’s a class operator. His issue is that he isn’t a ball playing defender - which Southgate and Ten Hag like.
OK Mrs Maguire. Or Indeed, Messrs Southgate and Ten Hag? It's just that I ain't getting any Bobby Davro, let alone any Bobby Moore from him.
I'm probably not watching his contribution/performance/dynamic from a family perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread