Deity

Jul 22, 2016
Is that why Leicester paid £10m for Harry Winks

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I was told some time ago that Leicester had spoken to Hamers agent and offered him £45k a week, but relegation changed the offer they could make, and the Winks deal was very well advanced.

I’m not saying this is true but I could easily believe Hamer has had clubs telling him to see out his contract and they would come in for him in Jan or next summer.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
So now Hamer's a hero for not running down his contract and nobly going to Sheffield Utd?
Nik Wallenda Hero GIF by Volcano Live! with Nik Wallenda

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
And as he was nailed to the cross, sun beating down on his fevered brow, he took the pen and signed.

'It's for the best,' he whispered. 'Coventry City must come first no matter how hard it will be for me.'

Even put his family second

Reactions: Greggs

Samo

Jul 6, 2012

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Is this the same family story you've been calling as bullshit the whole time?
I think the point is, the desire to excuse Hamer as somehow determined to stay but defeated by fate and dark forces is a bit ludicrous.

He got the chance to play at a higher level for more cash and took it, that's it. He won't be the last to do that either, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him doing that but the rest, the insights into circumstance and personality, are flowery nonsense.

I mean, they actually do him a disservice really. This Leicester shit is just more meaningless fluff.

Deity

Jul 22, 2016
I think the point is, the desire to excuse Hamer as somehow determined to stay but defeated by fate and dark forces is a bit ludicrous.

He got the chance to play at a higher level for more cash and took it, that's it. He won't be the last to do that either, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him doing that but the rest, the insights into circumstance and personality, are flowery nonsense.

I mean, they actually do him a disservice really. This Leicester shit is just more meaningless fluff.
If you want meaningful substance you are fishing in the wrong pond.

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy

My favourite on here was how his evil agent was using mysterious dark forces to prevent him from signing a new contract with us.

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
So now some of those who stated how we had to sell are now unhappy he left as soon as the first acceptable offer came in.

Thanks for everything Gus. Been a great journey from relegation candidates to losing the playoffs on penalties. Without him getting injured we would most probably have won. He was the difference between the sides.

I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do and we get promoted with help from his transfer fee.

Reactions: shmmeee and ovduk78

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
So now some of those who stated how we had to sell are now unhappy he left as soon as the first acceptable offer came in.

irrelevant to the discussion

Mcbean

Jul 17, 2015
Close thread - he’s in the P league - we won’t have to play him yet

Seymour_East

May 28, 2013
North Wales
I have loved watching Gus mature at CCFC with MR nurturing him and turning him into a quality player. I for one will miss him at the club, some of his absolute sublime passes etc. but wish him the very best for the future.
Veel geluk Gus, maak er wat van!

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013
So get ready for a busy SBT tomorrow night as Sheff Weds are at Forest. Oh what a thrilling game that will be!
Why are Sheff Weds playing Forest ? They're in different leagues. And why would we care ?

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
I'm not in the know and have never claimed to be. I do have "gossip" from a mate. He was in a barbers in Leamington on Saturday morning. Simon Moore comes in as he knows the barber. Moore had a bandage on an injured finger apparently. More apparently said that Hamer wanted to go as soon as we failed to get promoted and was never going to sign a new contract. However, much to his disappointed there was no queue for his services, only Sheffield United. He had a choice of them or us. Chose them. Take it with a pinch of salt if you must, just passing on what I was told.

Mucca Mad Boys

Jul 26, 2012
Coventry
I'm not in the know and have never claimed to be. I do have "gossip" from a mate. He was in a barbers in Leamington on Saturday morning. Simon Moore comes in as he knows the barber. Moore had a bandage on an injured finger apparently. More apparently said that Hamer wanted to go as soon as we failed to get promoted and was never going to sign a new contract. However, much to his disappointed there was no queue for his services, only Sheffield United. He had a choice of them or us. Chose them. Take it with a pinch of salt if you must, just passing on what I was told.
Probably true. Sheffield U panicked into paying what we demanded for Hamer having had a difficult transfer window themselves.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Seems far more believable than we wouldn't give him an extra 50p a week to keep him

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Reactions: JimmyHillsbeard

Users who are viewing this thread