Hamer (5 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

How do people think he will do in the prem. I think he's more than good enough, but that Sheff U team looks very weak.
In a team that will do well to hit 20 points he will to coin a phrase be there to put himself in the shop window to try and stay in the division.

Sick Boy

This was the logic I took with GCSE options “Oh I’m predicted an A in Music, clearly I need to learn more Expressive Art”

It did not work out well.
If the success of a squad is so reliant on one player it suggests investment/reinvestment across the board is required rather than everything hinging on a single player remaining injury/suspension free all season.

Evo1883

Absolutely mugged people off with the narrative of wanting to be closer to his kid in Holland. Was always about cash.

Awful move for him bar his bank account. Sheff U will get smashed week in week out. Hope Robins has someone lined up to be in place for next week. Liam Kelly masterclass tomorrow in the middle.
Awful move? Gets the chance to show the world how good he is live every week .. great move for him

MAFF

Fair enough he wants to go the Prem and £15m for a player that wants to go with 1 year left on his contract is great business but fucking hell i'm gutted. Best I've ever seen play for us. Also makes it worse as he'll almost definitely play against us next year in the Champ.

shmmeee

If the success of a squad is so reliant on one player it suggests investment/reinvestment across the board is required rather than everything hinging on a single player remaining injury/suspension free all season.

It’s the Robins paradox though. Sometimes you luck out on a generational talent and you out everything behind them while they’re there. Let’s be honest even with £35m to spend the odds of us finding another Gus or Vik is pretty slim by the looks of it.

SBT

This is all totally miserable stuff, but I have to take my hat off to Gus - arguably the most enjoyable player to watch in a City shirt for me since Robbie Keane. The goal against Luton might have been the most LIMBZ moment of my life in football. He certainly wasn’t as consistently brilliant as Gyokeres last season, but when he was on it, he was just mesmerising, a true one of a kind. I’m much more sad to see him go than I was with Vik, or maybe any other City player.

BigadamL

I wonder if it’s been accepted now because we have replacements lined up?

realistically It’s been on the cards

Evo1883

It’s the Robins paradox though. Sometimes you luck out on a generational talent and you out everything behind them while they’re there. Let’s be honest even with £35m to spend the odds of us finding another Gus or Vik is pretty slim by the looks of it.
But we can improve the entire unit , which can make us over all even better

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah for the record fuck him, clearly about cash. Still my favourite City player as a grown adult by a country mile though.
My inner child’s love for old fashioned battering ram forwards will still have Gyo at top of the list, he is a close second though. Both the best players we’ve had in midfield and up front since 2001.

One gave us loads of time to sign replacements, the other has kind of shafted us. But both dragged a very weak squad to within a Dabo of promotion so deserve to move wherever.

Si80

Awful move? Gets the chance to show the world how good he is live every week .. great move for him
He's going into a team that are going to be cannon fodder week in week out. They're a weaker team than the side that got promoted. He'll play Prem for a season and then be back alongside us in the Championship.

The only good part of the move for him is more money.

ptr

Unbelievable player and deserves his move. As Robins has said, he dragged us to the play offs. Did think he was good enough for a Brighton or a Brentford but I should think he will be Sheff United’s best player by a mile. Sure we will insert certain add ons that benefit us in the future. Best of luck to him.

Evo1883

He's going into a team that are going to be cannon fodder week in week out. They're a weaker team than the side that got promoted. He'll play Prem for a season and then be back alongside us in the Championship.

The only good part of the move for him is more money.

If they come down and he has a good season, I reckon he will get another prem move no issue

shmmeee

My inner child’s love for old fashioned battering ram forwards will still have Gyo at top of the list, he is a close second though. Both the best players we’ve had in midfield and up front since 2001.

One gave us loads of time to sign replacements, the other has kind of shafted us. But both dragged a very weak squad to within a Dabo of promotion so deserve to move wherever.

The club has been able to accept a bid whenever they want. I suspect this is the first one they’ve accepted.

shy_tall_knight

Absolutely mugged people off with the narrative of wanting to be closer to his kid in Holland. Was always about cash.

Awful move for him bar his bank account. Sheff U will get smashed week in week out. Hope Robins has someone lined up to be in place for next week. Liam Kelly masterclass tomorrow in the middle.
Just too slow to play CM in the championship and a total of 3 goals in his 160 appearances

Sick Boy

I wonder if it’s been accepted now because we have replacements lined up?

realistically It’s been on the cards
More likely due it being £15M; i'm sure we have targets in mind though but I suspect we'll end up paying a bit more for them now.

coop

Not Kelly he's past it so the search for the new Hamer begins been great for us and I think was always leaving at some point but we need to move fast to replace him.

shmmeee

Although in the blink of an eye we have gone from Midfield being our most sorted position to our significantly weakest. I can see Robins bringing 2 in.

If we’re playing Sakamoto as an AM we need a LCB, a RWB a ST and two CMs. Even with a couple of loans it’s a fair bit of business to do when the season has started and everyone knows you’ve got £15-20m burning a hole in your pocket.

Brighton Sky Blue

Although in the blink of an eye we have gone from Midfield being our most sorted position to our significantly weakest. I can see Robins bringing 2 in.
I think he has to now, and worth keeping in mind the Hamer who first arrived had clear talent but wasn’t an immediate finished article. I’d be quite happy to see similar signings come in given that a direct replacement won’t be within our budget.

Users who are viewing this thread