Hamer (9 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Put it this way

If he goes to Leeds then the blokes clearly arsed about money and he can fuck himself.
I have no idea what the position is and suspect that is true of most if not all on here. So what if he wants more money? It's not exactly unusual for someone to move jobs for more money. And it's a bit rich for us to complain even if this is the case, as we are literally saying we want to maximise the amount of money we get.

The only circumstance I would be annoyed by would be if he stopped trying, although we had someone on here complaining he is trying too hard because he wants to leave! For the moment he is our player and he has been excellent. I do hope fans who have no idea of the true position continue to support him like all of our players.

fatso

But should we miss out on promotion and he goes for nowt ?
But if he's decided to run his contract down, there's nothing we can do.

You can't force a player to sign for another club, even if you accept a bid.
And let's be honest, there's no way we are ever going to drop him. (As long as he continues to play like he always does)

If he was going to stay, he would of signed by now.
We just need to enjoy watching him play while we have the opportunity, and hope we make the top 6 again.

Grendel

But if he's decided to run his contract down, there's nothing we can do.

You can't force a player to sign for another club, even if you accept a bid.
And let's be honest, there's no way we are ever going to drop him. (As long as he continues to play like he always does)

If he was going to stay, he would of signed by now.
We just need to enjoy watching him play while we have the opportunity, and hope we make the top 6 again.

Obviously some clubs do employ tactics to persuade players to leave while the contract is still active

wingy

So we have a questionable attitude from a player who gets his way and sod the rest, resulting impacting team morale and next summer someone else going to facilitate the potential shortfall and trading to improve to things.
Very niave,get rid.

Grendel

I have no idea what the position is and suspect that is true of most if not all on here. So what if he wants more money? It's not exactly unusual for someone to move jobs for more money. And it's a bit rich for us to complain even if this is the case, as we are literally saying we want to maximise the amount of money we get.

The only circumstance I would be annoyed by would be if he stopped trying, although we had someone on here complaining he is trying too hard because he wants to leave! For the moment he is our player and he has been excellent. I do hope fans who have no idea of the true position continue to support him like all of our players.
Well we know the managers take on it

Grendel

So we have a questionable attitude from a player who gets his way and sod the rest, resulting impacting team morale and next summer someone else going to facilitate the potential shortfall and trading to improve to things.
Very niave,get rid.

It’s ok he will spread a few more rumours via his mates and then people on here can get some violins out

Legia Sky Blue

Very niave,get rid.

Where does this 'questionable attitude' come from? Hamer is a player who always seems to put the effort in so it seems to me a completely unreasonable comment. Should we get rid whatever the offer? £3m for arguments sake?

Offhegoes

He may want to see if we go up. as he wants to stay but wants to be playing Premier League football next season. Simple as that. He’s not the kind of character who would stop trying. Even if he did, do you think Robins would put up with that? I just want him to stay this season.

Astute

Very niave,get rid.
So Hamer has a questionable attitude because some say so?

If there's one thing about Hamer it is he gives 100% effort every game. A bad game for Hamer is a decent game for others.

He has 1 year left on his contract. He fulfilled his contract against Leicester. The rest is just hearsay. Other than a poor first couple of offers we know nothing. He might have turned down an offer or two. We might have turned down all offers. There might not have been any offers and clubs are waiting until the window gets close to offer lowball.

Ian1779

When the players came out to warm up yesterday Hamer seemed to be detached from the rest of the squad. He's been a great player for us but the club need to sort out his situation asap now and move on.
He didn’t look very detached when we scored to be fair.

blunted

Oggy nailed it. If he won't sign, we have to sell him and try to realise the highest figure possible. That means a Prem or Championship club if Hamer will move. Oggy said a player running down his contract is no good to us as they have that will I get injured thing in the back of their mind, with their agent saying don't get injured. See Bereton Diaz who was the best striker in the Championship until the last year of his contract. Love Gus but if he doesn't sign he has to go (if he will agree of course).

Alkhen

Gyo was completely open right after Dabo put his penalty into orbit and we got a very good price early in the window. What Hamer’s doing is the precise opposite.
How do you know what he is doing?! non of us do. He is turning up, training well, playing well, not sulking around or spreading shite in the media. He still has a year on his contract what more do you want him to do?

Basically we all know fuck all and a load of theories have clouded it further.

For me the only facts are:

• He is class, teams will covert him as much as we want to keep him, there will be interest. Take off your skyblue tinted glasses and it's obvious that he could earn way more and play at a higher level of he left.

• If he goes it'll be for a good price. Gone are the days of selling the family silver to the first bidder

• If he stays and plays out his contract (I'd back him to give 100% whilst he did) we have had more than our values worth from our initial investment.

Why stress that it's not happening right now..enjoy him while he lasts I say

Alkhen

Put it this way

If he goes to Leeds then the blokes clearly arsed about money and he can fuck himself.
Bit harsh, never got why money is such a taboo factor in making a job switch, which is all this is for Gus.

It's a short career if a bigger team can offer 50-100% more than we can then that has to be a valid peice to his decision making.

Like it or not both Leicester and Leeds are bigger clubs and frankly should be getting out of this league at the first attempt. They may not but with their resources they must seem a better bet. Loving the club and making the right financial and career choice are not mutually exclusive.

Hamer may love Cov but he isn't a youngster anymore and the next move is vital

Grendel

The reality is. Clubs including ours buy more Dacostas, Todd Kanes and Kastaneers than they buy Hamers and Gyokeres.

Well no - we buy players that show a net balance on sales to purchases

Grendel

Bit harsh, never got why money is such a taboo factor in making a job switch, which is all this is for Gus.

It's a short career if a bigger team can offer 50-100% more than we can then that has to be a valid peice to his decision making.

Like it or not both Leicester and Leeds are bigger clubs and frankly should be getting out of this league at the first attempt. They may not but with their resources they must seem a better bet. Loving the club and making the right financial and career choice are not mutually exclusive.

Hamer may love Cov but he isn't a youngster anymore and the next move is vital

he doesn’t “love cov” as your whole post proves

Users who are viewing this thread