Hamer (4 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

It's £200k a year, not exactly a trivial amount

We're just spending likely somewhere between £500k and £1m on a new pitch - which I get is pretty important. We've made a few million from the play offs, we've got some decent wages off the books, we're expecting a decent wedge from the sale of Vic.

I'm sorry, I don't believe that the club only wants to offer £16k whilst Gus wants £20k. I get being self-sufficient and all that but the above would cover the additional circa £200k needed to bridge the difference.

fernandopartridge

We're just spending likely somewhere between £500k and £1m on a new pitch - which I get is pretty important. We've made a few million from the play offs, we've got some decent wages off the books, we're expecting a decent wedge from the sale of Vic.

I'm sorry, I don't believe that the club only wants to offer £16k whilst Gus wants £20k. I get being self-sufficient and all that but the above would cover the additional circa £200k needed to bridge the difference.

I was saying from Hamer's point of view not the club's - NW's post was about it not being a great deal for Hamer

RegTheDonk

I get selling perhaps our best player for a princely sum but to lose him when he isn't asking a princely sum is daft.

Deity

I get selling perhaps our best player for a princely sum but to lose him when he isn't asking a princely sum is daft.
But that is the football business model for almost every club. You bring in or develop players, some go on to exceed all expectations. You sell these players to offset the running losses and to reinvest in a whole crop of more players. Each time you hope to improve the average ability of the players you bring in and as a team you improve. It’s rarely just the players wages that determines the clubs position.

Brighton are the perfect example of this ……

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Playing Devil's Advocate for a minute... we could offer him £20k a week, and he could decline it. He and the agent might just be stalling for time, or trying to make Hamer look like the good guy with reasonable demands. Agent might be a Tw*t that the club don't trust. If we're not budging because we're being rigid about a wage structure, I'll be gutted, but it might not be as clean cut as people seem to be assuming.
I have considered that could be the case, but for that amount I'd suggest we meet it as a final offer and if he then rejects or stalls on signing we look to sell him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well he clearly doesn't love the club that much if he's letting such a small difference stop him from signing a new contract with us.
But if he knows he'd be offered 25k-35k elsewhere and is willing to re-sign for us for less I think that would show great commitment.

mark82

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

mr_monkey

I do know that the club aren’t offering him what he wants, think that’s pretty obvious anyway, but have no real clue on the ins and outs of it all financially

it just seems too small a financial difference to be true, if true it’s quite poor on the clubs behalf. What with increase in price of everything this year, and the money gained via the play offs

Tbf mate you forgot you were over 30 with kids so I think this is nonsense 😏

Perryccfc

I do know that the club aren’t offering him what he wants, think that’s pretty obvious anyway, but have no real clue on the ins and outs of it all financially

it just seems too small a financial difference to be true, if true it’s quite poor on the clubs behalf. What with increase in price of everything this year, and the money gained via the play offs
You ‘know’ sod all mate. You might hear things.

blunted

The club will have a ceiling on wages. The board and MR have said time and again that they won't go down the Derby route or put themselves in financial difficulty by gambling. FFP dictates what we can pay and income dictates the highest wages available. Wages will be allocated across the board, not just to one player, regardless of any money we get from Vic. Wilson, Fadz, Sheaf and Eccles have accepted contracts within the wage structure. You keep your squad happy by not paying one individual way above the rest, no matter how good they are. We will probably have ten new players wages to finance by the start of the season. I suspect Kelly has been offered less than previously. Do I want Hamer to sign a new contract? Hell yes, but like Vic there have been hints about not staying long term. It will be a sad day if Gus moves, but if he does, we need to get the best deal possible.

Matt smith

The club will have a ceiling on wages. The board and MR have said time and again that they won't go down the Derby route or put themselves in financial difficulty by gambling. FFP dictates what we can pay and income dictates the highest wages available. Wages will be allocated across the board, not just to one player, regardless of any money we get from Vic. Wilson, Fadz, Sheaf and Eccles have accepted contracts within the wage structure. You keep your squad happy by not paying one individual way above the rest, no matter how good they are. We will probably have ten new players wages to finance by the start of the season. I suspect Kelly has been offered less than previously. Do I want Hamer to sign a new contract? Hell yes, but like Vic there have been hints about not staying long term. It will be a sad day if Gus moves, but if he does, we need to get the best deal possible.
I’m not saying they won’t, but do you honestly think the squad will be annoyed about Gus getting a more impressive wage than everyone else or happy that we’ve kept him and he’s in our/their team, I think the latter.

higgs

Could one of our Rich fans fund the difference for the season?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread