"Half" Season-Ticket offer (1 Viewer)

Specs WT-R75

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/half-season-tickets-coventry-city-201516-2789056.aspx

Looks like the club set this link live at 6pm yesterday - probably hoping to cash-in on the good feeling of 3 wins in a week.

Whilst it is not quite a half-season, if you look at the non early bird price of £299 it is almost half the price of a full season ticket for 15 games, not 11/12.

Excellent value for anyone that is still on the fence... possibly a bit early for Christmas presents.

IMHO the club should do this one more time in the new year to try and get those fans on the fence that might have some spare Xmas money.

:claping hands:

Bagsy

Thanks! Just got mine, was going this season on a game by game basis due to last season. Been to every home game this season, so thought I might as well get back on the boat!

Credit to the club for this, should hopefully get a few more on board now performances and results have picked up from the dross last season!

torchomatic

A tenner a game is excellent value, particularly with the manager and team we have this year.

Best home league record in the country too.

covcity4life

Great deal!!!

I'm tempted but I actually can't take it without losing money now lol

I got a 12 matxh package and through winning competitions or going with different circle of friends and paying serpartly on the gate I find myself with 9 tickets left yet. Would never be able to use them all and have a half ticket on top

Specs WT-R75

Great deal!!!

I'm tempted but I actually can't take it without losing money now lol

I got a 12 matxh package and through winning competitions or going with different circle of friends and paying serpartly on the gate I find myself with 9 tickets left yet. Would never be able to use them all and have a half ticket on top

If I was you, I would take your 9 tickets to the Butts shop and ask them if they will take them as part payment (£135) towards the £163. I suspect the club will accommodate this if you said that you bought the match pack as you couldn't afford the whole ST at the time.

That would then work out at £28 for the additional 6 games which is obviously ridiculous value :)

covcity4life

If I was you, I would take your 9 tickets to the Butts shop and ask them if they will take them as part payment (£135) towards the £163. I suspect the club will accommodate this if you said that you bought the match pack as you couldn't afford the whole ST at the time.

That would then work out at £28 for the additional 6 games which is obviously ridiculous value :)

You know what that's not a bad idea at all! Will give that a try

letsallsingtogether

I don't have a season ticket, I have never any fence!,
But hey might get one now if I can get that splinter out of my Arse.

wingy

I get It and all and don't want to be a wet blanket yet.
The benefits, gets over ticketing Issues, some Instant upfront dosh In the coffers.
Negatives being a few thousand went for the 12 voucher package, leaving possibly 3k as walk up.
Over the remaining.games this may cost us £300-£400k in real cash, that Is a player or two for the rest of the season.
Joy Is not short of a few bob.
Why doesn't she as other owner / directors do, front up the money to maintain the status quo with the walk up , which should Increase as the season wears on getting.a better return on the product, then take It back at the end of the season?

Speedies_Chips

I get It and all and don't want to be a wet blanket yet.
The benefits, gets over ticketing Issues, some Instant upfront dosh In the coffers.
Negatives being a few thousand went for the 12 voucher package, leaving possibly 3k as walk up.
Over the remaining.games this may cost us £300-£400k in real cash, that Is a player or two for the rest of the season.
Joy Is not short of a few bob.
Why doesn't she as other owner / directors do, front up the money to maintain the status quo with the walk up , which should Increase as the season wears on getting.a better return on the product, then take It back at the end of the season?

In the words of an examiner can you please show your workings as to how to get to 300K - 400K lost revenue? How many people do you think are going to take up this offer. I am sure SISU will have done some sums and if it was that figure, then this offer wouldn't be on the table.

If nearly 3000 full paying adults take up the offer instead of paying on the gate then the club lose that much. That's 3000 people that were going to every match and choose to take up the offer instead.

wingy

In the words of an examiner can you please show your workings as to how to get to 300K - 400K lost revenue? How many people do you think are going to take up this offer. I am sure SISU will have done some sums and if it was that figure, then this offer wouldn't be on the table.

Based on 3k walk up and likely higher If form Is maintained and entry fee effectively halved Nuneaton Town are more expensive to watch than us.

But based on that theory of lost revenue the club lose £56k per match through selling season tickets based on 8000 full paying adults.

Specs WT-R75

If nearly 3000 full paying adults take up the offer instead of paying on the gate then the club lose that much. That's 3000 people that were going to every match and choose to take up the offer instead.

The walk-up doesn't necessarily goto every game though. You might get some of the walk-up that take up the offer knowing they can only goto 10 of the remaining 15 games who become break-even...

There might be some of the walk-up that might have stopped going after 5 games due to a drop in form, but then would have come back again for the last few games when it picked up...

It's difficult to say exactly - what about the fans that were staying away but this continued good PR from the club finally changed their mind.

Overall I think it probably does cost the club a few £ at the end of the year, but rewarding fans that put their money where their mouth is, is a long term beneficial move for the club in my books.

Astute

The walk-up doesn't necessarily goto every game though. You might get some of the walk-up that take up the offer knowing they can only goto 10 of the remaining 15 games who become break-even...

There might be some of the walk-up that might have stopped going after 5 games due to a drop in form, but then would have come back again for the last few games when it picked up...

It's difficult to say exactly - what about the fans that were staying away but this continued good PR from the club finally changed their mind.

Overall I think it probably does cost the club a few £ at the end of the year, but rewarding fans that put their money where their mouth is, is a long term beneficial move for the club in my books.

Or just trying to bring in money more quickly so TM can bring in the players he wants and needs. Extra income in the last few home games doesn't help us for the rest of the season.

Specs WT-R75

Or just trying to bring in money more quickly so TM can bring in the players he wants and needs. Extra income in the last few home games doesn't help us for the rest of the season.

Yes - that too.

Spend money on more staff at ticket office, or give the discount directly to fans that sign up for a season ticket. Sounds like a sensible move to me - I wonder what our new moneyball man makes of it all!

CCFCKirky

I got my first half season ticket last year and it was one of the best decisions I made and would recommend it to anyone especially at this seasons price

Nick

Administrator
It's not just the money it's the hassle of ordering tickets every week. Same with match package, it cuts out the bother of going up to get them or ordering online.

stevefloyd

It shows a commitment to the club and they have definite income in the coiffers with which to be able to spend rather than speculate about walk ups etc

Speedies_Chips

Based on 3k walk up and likely higher If form Is maintained and entry fee effectively halved Nuneaton Town are more expensive to watch than us.

So this imaginary 300 - 400K lost revenue is based on a made up 3000 people buying half season tickets? Get real, they probably wont even sell 300.

Sky Blue Harry H

If we end up in the play offs / Wembley, those tickets would be like gold dust. Assume the half season ticket holders would get some sort of priority. Based on the season so far, it's a win/win for fans. I'm going to go for it, having had a 6 match voucher, plus paid on turnstile for one. May miss a game due to family commitment at Xmas, but still value.

Users who are viewing this thread