Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (7 Viewers)

PVA

The defence concerns me more than the attack. Just can't stop leaking really shit goals.

Let's hope Kitching is worth the money.

Londonccfcfan

Saw someone on Twitter saying we’d had Burnley’s pants down and he was already better than McNally after the Middlesbrough game 😂

He looks really poor.
Bobby Thomas is really good value for £2M. Imo.

Think he was desperately unlucky not to score. Nicholls didn't know too much about it. The ball just hit him. Was a great strike. Unfathomable that Wright fluffed the follow up.

NorthernWisdom

Bobby Thomas is really good value for £2M. Imo.

Think he was desperately unlucky not to score. Nicholls didn't know too much about it. The ball just hit him. Was a great strike. Unfathomable that Wright fluffed the follow up.
Although the case for the defence ain't great when it revolves around a centre back looking like a better finisher than a centre forward!

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's be honest there was some real exaggeration about how good his performance at Leicester was, he was partly culpable for the equaliser and was getting the Rolls Royce treatment on here

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Last 2 of his performances have really dipped, though.

Hertsccfc

Last 2 of his performances have really dipped, though.
He's been poor but looks like he has the attributes to be a good player. Doesn't look ready to play in the Championship and assume Robins must have decided Latibeaudiere needed a rest. Like a number of other signings has a lot of work to do if he is going to make it here.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's starting to feel like a lot of posters on here actually want Wright to end up as a disaster of a signing. Why? It would really negatively affect the club. I hope he comes good, and will be backing him unless he shows he doesn't care.
I don’t see anybody wanting it at all.

fernandopartridge

It's starting to feel like a lot of posters on here actually want Wright to end up as a disaster of a signing. Why? It would really negatively effect the club. I hope he comes good, and will be backing him unless he shows he doesn't care.
It's the usual antipathy to a player because of a transfer fee

JulianDarbyFTW

We sometimes forget that he's moved to a new country, a new league, surrounded by more new players than existing, with a team learning a new style, and with some key players out injured. It's a perfect storm, but over time it'll all settle down. But how long will that take, and will we have the patience?

ccfcricoh

Not been impressed with Wright at all yet, but equally i dont think we've played well this season yet, bar maybe half at Leicester and against a very poor boro team.

We are just not creating any chances at all, and yes that is down to the strikers as well but Gyokeres wouldnt have scored yesterday with Eccles/Kelly/Ayari behind him either.

Its the #10 role we are missing and i am not writing off Wright or Simms (or the recruitment team!) until we can play our strongest 11 for a run of games.

djr8369

There was one moment not long after he'd come on where he turned nicely on the corner of the penalty area and it opened up for a shot, but he instead went towards the byline and chipped a tame cross in. Looks devoid of confidence already.

I’ve noticed the same, he seems to favour running to the byline and trying to put a cross in

Boicey

The defence concerns me more than the attack. Just can't stop leaking really shit goals.

The majority view on the Barnsley forum seems to be that Kitching is a decent ball
player but isn’t a very good defender and we way overpaid.
Let's see.

Londonccfcfan

Yes in flashes he has shown some ability. It really isn't going to help if the fans get on his back.
I get this, but we really need to see a glimmer of light.

We shouldnt really get on his back. And tbh fans have backed him all the way.

The first chorus of boos I have heard at full time home in many a year. Wright is being a scapegoat purely because of the price tag...which isnt his fault.

I can handle you being shite. But ffs put yourself about and show heart and chase all the lost causes (it was a lost cause 50/50 that Simms chased and fashioned our first goal!).. That's what winds me up he come on as sub to make an impact and he does the opposite.

Gman1987

Hopefully Kitching is decent but the bigger question is why we bought another CH when we desperately need something in the middle. Aware we arent in view of what business MR tried to do but we look a totally unbalanced squad currently. The formation pulls the midfield wide open to cover the WB being high up and the hole last night was wide enough for a L2 team to exploit. I think both the forwards will be good, Simms looked far more on it last night but we dont play to Wright's strengths - we need a ball player to be seating passes 5-10 yards in front of him. He isnt Vik who could hold the ball up from anything, he's fast and direct.

Londonccfcfan

Is this defences fault?. Defense looked good last year as we had the best midfield in the league last year shielding it with a box midfield.

The defence was creaking all 2nd half yesterday same as Hull away. And what Robin's do ??? Changed personal but not the formation again! Same shit time and again but he expects a different result!?

Londonccfcfan

I think Wright will be okay.

I certainly am not writing him off after just 8 league games.

Let's see and let's give him a chance to prove himself and that means longer than not even a 5th of the way into the season.
Afraid the best he will be Okay. .

Okay for that money isnt good enough.

Tommo1993

Have to admit Thomas gave me some good impressions early on, but it hasn’t been good recently. Fadz recently has looked lost in parts but I think that’s down to covering his wandering colleagues… thus us looking wide open and particularly light and open to attack.

djr8369

Definitely a player in Hadji somewhere-y’all with short memories forget that against Leicester he out paced the defender and crashed one against the bar.

If that had gone in maybe he’d have more confidence and it’d buy him a little more time with the impatient fans.

He’s also new to the country and is finding his feet in a notoriously tough league.

Despite what folks on here are saying-Hamer, Sheaf & Gyo did take time to jell and didn’t make the instant impact that we are expecting from Simms and Wright.

Supporters need to start supporting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly. Half of this forum spent 18 months complaining about Sheaf.

Users who are viewing this thread