Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (20 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really he hasn’t invested a penny of his own bank account, if anything it’s wages that fuck a club not fees
I imagine the wage bill is getting pretty high and above our income (exc. transfer fees)

The saving grace is that barring an absolute calamity at least a few of the players we've signed should return significant fees in years to come,

Fysnkysc

I imagine the wage bill is getting pretty high and above our income (exc. transfer fees)

The saving grace is that barring an absolute calamity at least a few of the players we've signed should return significant fees in years to come,
I don’t think it’s above our income yet, especially with the season tickets we have sold.

Alkhen

Perryccfc

Take her lad
We’re going to Brighton for the weekend

the office hate GIF

fatso

We off loaded 22 players (Inc loans and youth team) and so far we've brought in 9
So the wage bill is still under control.

My guess is we will have a slightly smaller squad but a higher quality one, with fewer loans.

fatso

Can't believe we've just spent 8 million quid on a player. Unbelievable. What an exciting time for the club.

Fair fucks to Doug, a lot of people got him very wrong.
Amazing how many experts on here were convinced the fee would be loaded with add ons.

The Reverend Skyblue

I was sixty, two weeks ago, a lifetime Skybluer, so I’ve had the countless seasons of trying to survive , both in the 1st Division/ Prem, and obviously the last few nightmare years in the lower leagues that I don’t need to go through, but I really feel that at last we have some real hope.
Last season was just a miracle, and so enjoyable, massive credit to Mark Robins and Adi for everything they did, but I have realistic hope, that at last we have a totally realistic hope of an automatic promotion push this season.
When we do eventually go up, I really think we have the squad in place to survive in the Prem first two seasons, and don’t have to do a Forest and buy 35 new players
It just feels good at last to have Skyblue blood, sorry MR but you shouldn’t ever have used that pun, but we still love you and Adi

djr8369

Can't believe we've just spent 8 million quid on a player. Unbelievable. What an exciting time for the club.

Fair fucks to Doug, a lot of people got him very wrong.
Are you not worried about the GIMOC rumours? DK hasn’t got a pot to piss in and Robins is about to walk! Boddy working notice period. It’s chaos mate

The Reverend Skyblue

I purposely didn’t go into the trauma when we fell into the bottom league, which was so hard for us Skyblues to take, and the reality that we had to face the likes of Morecombe and Hartlepool, no disrespect to both.
I, ano most of us, really felt our club was on the brink of extinction when that happened, but somehow we survived and at last we have a bright future under Mark and Adi. How times have changed and those two should always be in our debt for turning a sinking ship into a ship with a future

stay_up_skyblues

It’s all a bit surreal isn’t it. Starting with the playoff run. Im sure I remember a furore when we signed Stern John for peanuts as it was the first time we actually paid a fee for a player in a few years. And here we are, slowly building a team of international footballers and spending into double figure millions. Can’t quite believe I’m telling friends and family we are an outside bet to go up automatically in the next two seasons and they’re not laughing at me.

Sky Blue Pete

Are you not worried about the GIMOC rumours? DK hasn’t got a pot to piss in and Robins is about to walk! Boddy working notice period. It’s chaos mate
Pretty sure boddy will leave shortly after the season starts but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants to be part of the revolution too

Nuskyblue

We shifted a lot out on what was thought to be relatively high ££££, were probably about where we were before I'd think but with maybe more income?

Also, aren't there significant changes to the TV rights next season meaning that championship clubs will bet getting more dough from TV? An irrelevance tho as Big Doug will be balls deep in the premier League millions.

Offhegoes

Godden is 32 and has done his job here well .. I'd imagine at his age he would be more than happy to play 3rd or 4th choice here and try and help when he's needed .. hard to find 1 in 3 strikers to sit on your bench
I wouldn’t write Godden off just yet. With the exception of the last few months last season (where he was asked to play a merging of a Second Striker / Target man role), he’s a clinical, clever striker. He never had pace in the first place, but a great option if you need a fox in the box

Users who are viewing this thread