Gyokores (3 Viewers)

The Philosopher

Selling Gyok would be madness. We need our Championship status and the TV income that brings. Plus, the value of the goodwill element of this football club on the balance sheet is probably halved at L1. DK must know this.

Best money spent this window would be to increase Viks wages and extend his contract. That way his value doesn’t fall in the summer.

I do worry where the goals would come from if Vik went. Years ago we sold Jutkevic (sp?) at around now and look what happened. Vik is far better.

15-20m

No.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve been championing his sale in this window but, yeah, we’re 4 days away from the end and I think we’d really struggle to get anyone suitable in, even to tie us over to the summer.

If the plan was to sell him you’d do it at the start to drive up the bidding and find time to replace him. But it seems risky now unless the other is a hefty 8 figure sum

Old Warwickshire lad

Tough call, no one realistically wants him to go.
But anywhere near £20 mill is just a lot to turn down.
Would not want to have to make that decision, jeez the flak would fly.
Think that would be one decision King would drop in Robins lap.

Grendel

I think all your comments on a Gyokeres sale speak for themselves

i think we would this season survive so it’s a case of if the buying club is desperate enough

Grendel

It's odd that getting rid of Waghorn was portrayed as a disaster but you're fine with selling Gyokeres.

Id love to see a link to support that view

JimmyHillsbeard

I’m reassured that the source of this story is Football League World.

I know everyone mentions how the Jutkewicz sale cost us our championship status so I’ll just add that selling Marvin Sordell (in exchange for Stuart Beavon) pretty much confirmed our relegation to League Two.

NorthernWisdom

I’m reassured that the source of this story is Football League World.

I know everyone mentions how the Jutkewicz sale cost us our championship status so I’ll just add that selling Marvin Sordell (in exchange for Stuart Beavon) pretty much confirmed our relegation to League Two.
I'll see your Sordell and raise you flogging Gibson worked out OK, even if we had to endure a dozen games from Alan Brazil first.

Brighton Sky Blue

i think we would this season survive so it’s a case of if the buying club is desperate enough
Hmmm. It's a bumpy ride with him here. I'll leave it to you to suggest how it pans out if he goes and isn't adequately replaced.
Answer this. If Gyokeres has an injury on Wednesday and he is out for the season - what are the chances?

No it’s getting rid of the key striker - Keane and Juke

Delusional nonsense that we are top 6 material isn’t at all helpful - we aren’t and that’s it.

We need to dig out results and not crow we are a great football team. This season is about survival and that’s it - Paxman thinks we are one of the best teams and that guy thinks we are the best midfield i the league

You have to challenge nonsense and if we have to lose Gyokeres in January it’s really a long hard season ahead

Where would we be without Gyokeres?

We’ve scored a pathetic 27 league goals this season

Gyokeres has 12 of them. 3 are from Godden whose injured so we have 12 from available players in 25 games. If you had your way and Allen was shipped out it’s 9 in 25 games

Actually 8 as Mcfazdean is out for most of the season

I have no idea why you keep blathering on. It’s good value if it works as it’s a drop in the ocean - we have released Kane and Waghorn and you would assume they are costing more than the two loans

The fact we currently have zero players at all we can even use off the bench tells me we are in some trouble - our wage bill will be hugely reduced in June when so we have more than enough opportunity to start again

You of course have long touted the view Gyokeres should be moved on - given he accounts for half our pathetic goal tally thats a plan even Baldrick would find less than cunning

The games we had O Hare in the team will save us - there’s a lot of teams between us and the bottom 3. If Gyokeres is injured yes we are in real trouble but with him we will stay up

It clearly is a benefit as selling Gyokeres could lead to relegation which costs £7m in TV revenue alone

It’sabatch87

Everton getting 40-45m for Gordon from Newcastle so 25m at least for Vik.
How much was McBurnie from Swansea for Sheff Utd?
He’s a better player than him.
Not right to sell now though.

Tommo1993

If we'd been playing with 10 men all season we probably would be bottom...

Tbf, saying Gyokeres hasn’t carried us this season would be disagreeing with Robins’ own opinion, and I haven’t done that a lot. Think it would be horrific from this point to sell him.

Grendel

Hmmm. It's a bumpy ride with him here. I'll leave it to you to suggest how it pans out if he goes and isn't adequately replaced.

interesting you seem obsessed with my history on the subject - I did say the price is right

Say they offered £50 million cash - would you say no?

Brighton Sky Blue

interesting you seem obsessed with my history on the subject - I did say the price is right

Say they offered £50 million cash - would you say no?
Not obsessed just interested that you've gone from being pretty sure we'd be in trouble if he went to thinking we'll probably manage without. They're never offering £50 million.

samccov1987

£20m and we have to sell him especially with the clock ticking on his contract. O’Hare injured and Gus not tearing up trees and from the current squad our only major asset.

That said I think we are poor at the moment and without him think we’d struggle to stay up.

If we had £10m to spend on players to replace him I couldn’t tell you who I’d buy and be confident of beating the drop.

Grendel

Not obsessed just interested that you've gone from being pretty sure we'd be in trouble if he went to thinking we'll probably manage without. They're never offering £50 million.

My point is if the price is right? So what prove in your view would be right? Or is there no price that’s acceptable?

King it seems owns the lot now so you’d have to I suppose take him at face value. Let’s say they offered £25 million - not that unrealistic - and king said to robins it’s all yours in the summer?

What then?

Brighton Sky Blue

£20m and we have to sell him especially with the clock ticking on his contract. O’Hare injured and Gus not tearing up trees and from the current squad our only major asset.

That said I think we are poor at the moment and without him think we’d struggle to stay up.

If we had £10m to spend on players to replace him I couldn’t tell you who I’d buy and be confident of beating the drop.
If we were sat nearer to 50 points then sure, get the money in now. But we're in terrible form and struggling for goals.

Getting relegated has big costs of its own. Stay up, the interest in Gyo isn't going anywhere.

Brighton Sky Blue

My point is if the price is right? So what prove in your view would be right? Or is there no price that’s acceptable?

King it seems owns the lot now so you’d have to I suppose take him at face value. Let’s say they offered £25 million - not that unrealistic - and king said to robins it’s all yours in the summer?

What then?
Irrelevant if I'm spending it in League 1 in a half empty stadium and most of the squad wanting out.

Blind-Faith

Can’t image we could turn down 20 million. Never thought I’d see the day we’d sell anyone for that price.

If we could reinvest half of it , we could get ourselves another 3-4 hamer/sheaf type signings , not positional wise, but around the £1-2 million mark, makes the squad stronger and then we’re not relying so heavily on just one player to win us games of football

shmmeee

The idea that without Vik we wouldn’t score any goals is ridiculous. He hits about his xG. Any half decent striker would score, even if not quite as much. Plenty of time for a cheeky loan until the end of the season. Someone like Undav who would score in this division and is an available.

Even on £20k/week that’s less than £1m outlay from whatever fee we get then lots of time to plan a rebuild. Unless Doug is promising £15-20m out his own pocket in the summer you’d be nuts not to sell.

Brighton Sky Blue

The idea that without Vik we wouldn’t score any goals is ridiculous. He hits about his xG. Any half decent striker would score, even if not quite as much. Plenty of time for a cheeky loan until the end of the season. Someone like Undav who would score in this division and is an available.

Even on £20k/week that’s less than £1m outlay from whatever fee we get then lots of time to plan a rebuild. Unless Doug is promising £15-20m out his own pocket in the summer you’d be nuts not to sell.
We have maxed out on the loans already. I'm assuming you bin off Panzo to avoid pissing off the other parent clubs?

Users who are viewing this thread