Gyokeres (8 Viewers)

David O'Day

It is also flawed logic to think if Coventry say he is worth £20 million clubs are going to open a with a bid more than that?
Who said that mate? It's madness to accept under what you think is a fair price just because someone has made that offer.

If we accept under value offers that is all we are going to get.

Ccfcisparks

Who said that mate? It's madness to accept under what you think is a fair price just because someone has made that offer.

What is his value then? Surely his value is what someone is willing to pay for him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It's not an under value offer if there isn't the interest to back it up.

It's pretty obvious, if the club are receiving active interest from PL clubs then they're entitled to wait to see if an improved offer comes in. If they don't and have been rebuffed following several initial enquiries and the only set in stone interest party is currently Sporting Lisbon then they should probably consider accepting their offer - which regardless of the idiotic rhetoric you spout is indeed a fair offer and relatively in line with what Championship strikers have sold for in the past.

Waiting until the end of the window for an inflated offer to come in is a ridiculous strategy. Especially when significant investment is needed fairly urgently to fund a squad rebuild.

Hobo

You are going off on one missing the points that arevbeing made.

1. So far it is the only offer.
2. No one has said it should be accepted.
3. But how long do you wait in the hope of other offers coming in? (Which is what was alluded to).
4. Yes you can say he is worth more and hold onto a player that becomes disgruntled?
5. We might have a higher offer and he could say I'll stay and see my contract out. Then he goes where he wants for free next summer or it starts again in January when he is in a stronger position to make demands in January.

It really isn't just about the Coventry City picking a figure they want and sticking to it.

David O'Day

It's not an under value offer if there isn't the interest to back it up.

It's pretty obvious, if the club are receiving active interest from PL clubs then they're entitled to wait to see if an improved offer comes in. If they don't and have been rebuffed following several initial enquiries and the only set in stone interest party is currently Sporting Lisbon then they should probably consider accepting their offer - which regardless of the idiotic rhetoric you spout is indeed a fair offer and relatively in line with what Championship strikers have sold for in the past.

Waiting until the end of the window for an inflated offer to come in is a ridiculous strategy. Especially when significant investment is needed fairly urgently to fund a squad rebuild.
It is under the value we think he is worth hence it is under the value we will accept. How is this hard for you to understand.

It's like complaining that Tesco value product a at £2.50 and would accept offers of £2.00.

He is our player, we value him at x million so any offer under that is an under valuation offer. We may change our valuation but until then it's not rocket science.

David O'Day

You are going off on one missing the points that arevbeing made.

1. So far it is the only offer.
2. No one has said it should be accepted.
3. But how long do you wait in the hope of other offers coming in? (Which is what was alluded to).
4. Yes you can say he is worth more and hold onto a player that becomes disgruntled?
5. We might have a higher offer and he could say I'll stay and see my contract out. Then he goes where he wants for free next summer or it starts again in January when he is in a stronger position to make demands in January.

It really isn't just about the Coventry City picking a figure they want and sticking to it.

1) It's only the 26th of June
2) KSB clearly said we should accept the current offer from Sporting
3) I have already said see what happens over the next week
4) No one has said hold on to him for ever
5) Sporting are reported to be offering 17k a week to him, if a PL club does make an offer they can offer multiple times this. That is likely to change his mind.

It really is about Coventry City deciding what their valuation of a player is and not accepting less than that.

Hobo

It is under the value we think he is worth hence it is under the value we will accept. How is this hard for you to understand.

It's like complaining that Tesco value product a at £2.50 and would accept offers of £2.00.

He is our player, we value him at x million so any offer under that is an under valuation offer. We may change our valuation but until then it's not rocket science.

It's football not Tesco. Basically an auction and so far we have one bidder. Yes others might join in or they may not. Sporting may increase their offer they may not. Sporting could lose patience and pull out? Or wait until January or next summer? What is his valuation then?

David O'Day

It's football not Tesco. Basically an auction and so far we have one bidder. Yes others might join in or they may not. Sporting may increase their offer they may not. Sporting could lose patience and pull out? Or wait until January or next summer? What is his valuation then?
so far we only have 1 bidder and they haven't bid what we think is a fair price.

David O'Day

If it means we can move on targets that will cost us +£1m before they go elsewhere, Yeah, there's an argument for doing that. Opportunity cost, innit.
Yeah that would be fair argument but they are saying just because someone has bid it we should accept it.

That's madness

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

An initial enquiry will usually be made before a concrete offer is tabled otherwise they could just be wasting their time.

As mentioned in reality it's probably a case that PL clubs just aren't really all that interested and the club's valuation is beyond what they deem is acceptable. If SL have tabled a €20m package then the club should take it as they're unlikely to get a better offer.

Waiting in the hope that WH come in with a £25m bid is a ridiculous strategy.

It isn't a ridiculous strategy at this stage. Again, we are seeing people getting nervous and wanting to sell him quickly. It's still very early in the window and only the club really know the level of interest from the wider market. To say there isn't enough and that we are charging too much isn't factual at all.

A lot of teams will be looking to move players on before they bring others in, they'll also be timing their apporaches; we have to be paitent and allow for that.

It makes zero sense to sell him immediately for a lower offer. It just smacks of panicking and a lack of experience. It certainly suggests limited business acumen, and if anything, our own fan base are the ones undervaluing him.

NorthernWisdom

I'm waiting for the buy Gyokeres, get Tavares free offer.

fernandopartridge

It isn't a ridiculous strategy at this stage. Again, we are seeing people getting nervous and wanting to sell him quickly. It's still very early in the window and only the club really know the level of interest from the wider market. To say there isn't enough and that we are charging too much isn't factual at all.

A lot of teams will be looking to move players on before they bring others in, they'll also be timing their apporaches; we have to be paitent and allow for that.

It makes zero sense to sell him immediately for a lower offer. It just smacks of panicking and a lack of experience. It certainly suggests limited business acumen, and if anything, our own fan base are the ones undervaluing him.

It makes little sense waiting until late in the window given the extent of the rebuild that is necessary, and the relative weakening of our bargaining position as the window goes on. There is no guarantee at all that after Sporting's interest a PL will come in with a higher offer.

Hobo

so far we only have 1 bidder and they haven't bid what we think is a fair price.
Yes and it is early days. But their position could strengthen in two weeks if no one else joins in? Because he only has worth in this window and we need time to reinvest the money in the squad.

There will be a tipping point in the next two weeks. It may come down to Viks attitude when he returns? But at the moment it seems he wants to leave and where he wants to go to? Usually players win in that situation.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You do realise this is the exact strategy that Blackburn had with Brereton Diaz last summer and it failed miserably don't you?

Or were they just lacking in your awe inspiring business acumen?

David O'Day

Yes and it is early days. But their position could strengthen in two weeks if no one else joins in? Because he only has worth in this window and we need time to reinvest the money in the squad.

There will be a tipping point in the next two weeks. It may come down to Viks attitude when he returns? But at the moment it seems he wants to leave and where he wants to go to? Usually players win in that situation.
i have only said wait a week and see?

NorthernWisdom

It makes little sense waiting until late in the window given the extent of the rebuild that is necessary, and the relative weakening of our bargaining position as the window goes on. There is no guarantee at all that after Sporting's interest a PL will come in with a higher offer.
Yeah there's an argument that if selling Gyokeres allows you to bring in your top targets at the right price, you sell him quickly.

But even with that I'm sure that neither he nor us will be restricted to just Sporting Lisbon as the option.

David O'Day

You do realise this is the exact strategy that Blackburn had with Brereton Diaz last summer and it failed miserably don't you?

I said wait a week or can't you read?

I know you like to get things at massively under value after you had a hissy fit over being asked to pay th eusual rate of a championship box.

shmmeee

Feels like Doug is holding out for more bids.

This was always the caveat to keeping him in Jan, we need a quick sale because of the amount of work we need to do on the squad.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I said wait a week or can't you read?

I know you like to get things at massively under value after you had a hissy fit over being asked to pay th eusual rate of a championship box.

It's an idiotic tactic to accept under the odds really early in the window as well.

You've been babbling on in your posts about how it's far too early in the window to sell yet you're also claiming let's wait a week.

The hypocrisy of your argument is clearly lost on you.

long way home

King is waiting for multiple offers to come in i suspect and will not agree to the 1st offer from anyone for obvious reasons. He is calm because he determines when and what offer to except at this time. Vik agent can waffle on to who he likes until the club get what they want, its all piss and wind.

Vik will go and it will be soon, the club then can move on and he gets his wish. MR will want him out and will tell anyone else who wishing to follow to do the same. We will know more in 2 weeks max, i wouldn't mind Simms and Yates but im sure others are on the list as potential replacements.

Grendel

You've been babbling on in your posts about how it's far too early in the window to sell yet you're also claiming let's wait a week.

The hypocrisy of your argument is clearly lost on you.

He's on a bender probably - best leave him to it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Brereton Diaz is an exception rather than the rule, but if it suits your bedwetting jump right in.

It's funny, I've offered anyone a charity bet that he will go for at least 20 million pounds this window, but no one seems to want to take me up on it. It says everything.

steve cooper

Brereton Diaz is an exception rather than the rule, but if it suits your bedwetting jump right in.

It's funny, I've offered anyone a charity bet that he will go for at least 20 million pounds this window, but no one seems to want to take me up on it. It says everything.
Boosh learned his lesson on that

Grendel

You'd never know if it was £20 million

Users who are viewing this thread