Gyokeres (7 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

I can see that sort of, as a package he offers the same attributes. Drogba was way cleaner technically. Love Vik but he does seem to bobble them in quite often (although this season he has scored some belters), does scare me taking a penalty.
I'd rather see Joy take our penalties

ProfessorbyGrace

If Vik had Drogba’s intelligence/finishing and Tore Andre Flo’s technique, he’d be on his way to Real Madrid or Barca. The lad has improved massively since he signed permanently, and there’s a good few years till he hits his prime. There’s serious potential in him, with the right coaching/mentoring.

Robins’ comments aside, I can’t see how we can keep him here if a bidding war starts (if it hasn’t already) and culminates in about £18-25 million on the table.

Greggs

If Vik had Drogba’s intelligence/finishing and Tore Andre Flo’s technique, he’d be on his way to Real Madrid or Barca. The lad has improved massively since he signed permanently, and there’s a good few years till he hits his prime. There’s serious potential in him, with the right coaching/mentoring.

Robins’ comments aside, I can’t see how we can keep him here if a bidding war starts (if it hasn’t already) and culminates in about £18-25 million on the table.
If my dog had horns would that make him a goat?

clint van damme

According to this, Leeds, Brentford, Southampton, Wolves, Everton, and Palace are all after Vik

Apparently he was due to go to Leeds in the summer.

ProfessorbyGrace

Dirty Leeds!

If he goes, well, that’s us up the creek with regards to any sort of play off hopes. Unless MR can unearth another diamond in the rough, and pretty soon.

shmmeee

Dirty Leeds!

If he goes, well, that’s us up the creek with regards to any sort of play off hopes. Unless MR can unearth another diamond in the rough, and pretty soon.

Depends what we’ve got lined up. I think even best would be you’re right and we rebuild in the summer though. Frustrating.

ProfessorbyGrace

Depends what we’ve got lined up. I think even best would be you’re right and we rebuild in the summer though. Frustrating.
We may still get lose Hamer, which is a concern; either now or in the summer. Plus, our new recruitment staff are a bit of an unknown quantity, which makes it (typically) all round an anxious time as a supporter.
These are the cards we’re dealt, we just can’t hold onto star players indefinitely. It is frustrating, but also because we never seem able to build around these star players adequately; our squad is a serious concern for me and you, I imagine.

Ultimately, it’s all in the hands of SISU, but I doubt that they will sign off on these takeover papers while they can cash in on an asset like Vik, and then clear the way. It’s in the interests of their paymasters and shareholders.

I dunno, it’s all conjecture until it all transpires.

shmmeee

We may still get lose Hamer, which is a concern; either now or in the summer. Plus, our new recruitment staff are a bit of an unknown quantity, which makes it (typically) all round an anxious time as a supporter.
These are the cards we’re dealt, we just can’t hold onto star players indefinitely. It is frustrating, but also because we never seem able to build around these star players adequately; our squad is a serious concern for me and you, I imagine.

Ultimately, it’s all in the hands of SISU, but I doubt that they will sign off on these takeover papers while they can cash in on an asset like Vik, and then clear the way. It’s in the interests of their paymasters and shareholders.

I dunno, it’s all conjecture until it all transpires.

I think it’s fair to say we’d always need to sell out first batch of Championship level players to get the funds to build a full team so I’m not too worried. Could well end up with a big chunk of fee and wage budget in the summer. Obviously high risk high reward but only one way to find out I guess

Northeast sky blue

I think we all know that if a decent offer comes in, then Gyokeres will be sold, especially if the club thinks he could be replaced at a fraction of the cost, and i imagine that would go for anyone else too

Bannister

Was at a wedding very recently and one of the top BBC reporters was there. Got chatting and talked about Cov...he said - 'apparently your striker is off to Wolves'. Not a tabloid reporter...a very well respected football man. Also said he rates Robins highly as a manager and as a person and doesn't expect him to leave any time soon.

NorthernWisdom

Was at a wedding very recently and one of the top BBC reporters was there. Got chatting and talked about Cov...he said - 'apparently your striker is off to Wolves'. Not a tabloid reporter...a very well respected football man. Also said he rates Robins highly as a manager and as a person and doesn't expect him to leave any time soon.
Maybe Tavares does have something after all!

OldBedrocker

I imagine if the takeover isn’t completed by early next week I can see him being sold for an undisclosed fee with the reason being given as something like “due to delays with the takeover the club has had to take the difficult decision to sell Viktor Gyokeres to allow MA to strengthen the squad in the January transfer window”

Saddlebrains

I imagine if the takeover isn’t completed by early next week I can see him being sold for an undisclosed fee with the reason being given as something like “due to delays with the takeover the club has had to take the difficult decision to sell Viktor Gyokeres to allow MA to strengthen the squad in the January transfer window”

Will be exactly what happens

The Philosopher

MA to strengthen the squad?

I know it’s a typo but it does bring back memories or when Mickey Adams was given a few quid to sign a striker.

Kevin Kyle?

(shudders)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Someone told me they think Gus is on his way out, they think due to his body language last home game, the way he was on his own waving to the fans and the way he hugged the coaching staff. They said it was similar to those who have left in the past. Just something to throw in there. OPINION BASED POST

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Simms came on for Everton the other day so cannot play for another club.
Think it's on a permanent basis, so would be looking longer term. Wouldn't help with this season but good future planning. Could them use some of Gyok's fee for a more immediate replacement, either perm or on loan for the rest of the season.

The Philosopher

steve cooper

Gyokeres is vastly overrated. Poor finisher and one of the most predictable/one-footed players I’ve ever seen. I’d be happy with anything over 5mil
A bit contradictory, if he was as bad as you say, he wouldn't be worth anywhere near £5M, yet all the media sports experts put him in the £15M+ category. I wonder who's right?

Users who are viewing this thread