Gyokeres (8 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Which is where we need to be alert to such players available in other countries. For example the current front two at Heerenveen
Agree - wasn't somebody saying that European signings were being made more difficult by the EU since Brexit? Must admit, I've followed those leagues a lot less recently (a bit of Serie A aside - and they're all likely to be out of our price range).

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree - wasn't somebody saying that European signings were being made more difficult by the EU since Brexit? Must admit, I've followed those leagues a lot less recently (a bit of Serie A aside - and they're all likely to be out of our price range).
Eredivisie remains fine from that perspective provided the team doesn’t get relegated at the end of the season-see that chap we wanted to replace Hyam.

Danceswithhorses

Shame we cant do a 'Robert Jarni' with that Dutch cental defender fella we were after ie get an Eredivise club to sign him, and then sign him from that club for a small premium

Hertsccfc

Surely more difficult because of Brexit, not more difficult by the EU.

shmmeee

Before Brexit we had to treat EU players the same as Brits by law. Now we don’t and the FA has decided to put various rules about how much a player has played at a certain level.

stupot07

Before Brexit we had to treat EU players the same as Brits by law. Now we don’t and the FA has decided to put various rules about how much a player has played at a certain level.
Yeah, its entirely Brexit not the EU.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Everything is more difficult since Brexit. The most spectacular example of shooting yourself in the foot in modern history.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Looking at it another way, take any of the big six clubs in the Prem..... take practically ANY of the clubs in the Prem and a few in the Champ. What Brexit has the ability to do is reduce/remove the chance of these clubs buying all the cheap, marginally successful players from abroad for and needing them to return to the model of getting their youngsters moving from academy to first team. Clubs can't buy success as easily as they used to.

And even with Brexit, this season's Transfer window brought in the highest amount invested by the Prem since its inception.

Brighton Sky Blue

Looking at it another way, take any of the big six clubs in the Prem..... take practically ANY of the clubs in the Prem and a few in the Champ. What Brexit has the ability to do is reduce/remove the chance of these clubs buying all the cheap, marginally successful players from abroad for and needing them to return to the model of getting their youngsters moving from academy to first team. Clubs can't buy success as easily as they used to.

And even with Brexit, this season's Transfer window brought in the highest amount invested by the Prem since its inception.
And all they will do is more aggressively raid academies lower down the pyramid.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Every article I see seems to undervalue him at 15 million quid. He’s the fucking top scorer in the league thats 50% of what we should be asking for. Just wanna know everyone else’s thoughts on this

slowpoke

Totally agree, and he is under contract so if someone really wants him they have to make an offer tough to refuse and remember he would need replacing which would likely swallow up most of his fee.

Sky Blue Harry H

And all they will do is more aggressively raid academies lower down the pyramid.

Yep - see that George Hall from Blues - who only appears sporadically for them, is being targeted by a lot of PL teams.
Don't know what he is doing at PNE, but worth having a look at this 15yo Brazilian PNE player, Won't be there for long!

slowpoke

See he is 20 in January should really be making an impact now, we are a bit wanting in the rwb position.

no_loyalty

If we do sell Vik in January (really hope not), we could put in a bid for Lucas Joao who is out of contract in June.

Legia Sky Blue

Lucas Joao is a good player, but I believe his attitude is somewhat questionable, hence why he hasn't been starting for Reading. Although, it could just be Ince being a bit of a dick!

Happy_Martian

Have we got a specific "striker coach" ?

Unlikely if we consider the stats from last night's game against West Brom. 17 shots, 8 on target and we only hit the back of the net from the penalty spot. Barn door and banjo spring to mind :ROFLMAO:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Unlikely if we consider the stats from last night's game against West Brom. 17 shots, 8 on target and we only hit the back of the net from the penalty spot. Barn door and banjo spring to mind :ROFLMAO:
In the 9 that missed the target COH had 2 very good shotsVic had 1 as did Gus.
We also had Panzo hit the bar and that shot in the second half of Gus's the keeper (had a great game) parried it, beencould have easily been turned in . If we have had 2 more goals don't think we would have been flattering.

olderskyblue

In the 9 that missed the target COH had 2 very good shotsVic had 1 as did Gus.
We also had Panzo hit the bar and that shot in the second half of Gus's the keeper (had a great game) parried it, beencould have easily been turned in . If we have had 2 more goals don't think we would have been flattering.
Most of the shots off target were actually good chances to score, rather than half hearted attempts with zero chance of going in unless by fluke.

Alkhen

Love Gyökeres, best forward we have had in a few years... But
Utter dogshite at penalties!

Thought he had turned a corner with that one against WBA but nope.

Is it 2/4 so far?

Seems far from natural to him. that one against Rotherham trickled in

If I was a Prem scout I'd rip up my notes and look elsewhere 😉

alexccfc99

Love Gyökeres, best forward we have had in a few years... But
Utter dogshite at penalties!

Thought he had turned a corner with that one against WBA but nope.

Is it 2/4 so far?

Seems far from natural to him. that one against Rotherham trickled in

If I was a Prem scout I'd rip up my notes and look elsewhere 😉
Should have subbed Waghorn on and straight back off for the pen:ROFLMAO:

in all seriousness there has to be a more comfortable natural penalty taker who would usually start? Hamer? Obviously Godden when fit

MAFF

Premier League clubs ready to buy off Gyökeres
Swedish national team star Viktor Gyökeres continues to pour in goals in England and is one of the hottest Swedes out in the European leagues at the moment. Yesterday there was another goal when Coventry lost against Sheffield United, when the team had a chance to move up to the Play off place to the Premier League. Gyökeres has scored 12 goals in total this season and with that he is joint top scorer in The Championship. His success has meant that big clubs have now opened their eyes to him, with The Athletic reporting on Monday that Everton have registered their interest in Coventry. According to Sportbladet's English information, there is also interest from Wolverhampton and Fulham. Above all, Wolves, with new coach Julen Lopetegui, should be keen to sign the 24-year-old already this winter. Both Wolves and Fulham are said to have contacted Coventry regarding the Swede, but where a deal already this winter could be very difficult to complete.
Coventry will soon have new owners, when businessman Doug King will take over 85 percent of the shares in the club. It speaks strongly against a sale, as the club's new owner hardly wants to start his era at the club by selling away a player who scored 12 goals this year, leads the scoring league and scored 22 goals last season, in the middle of the season when the team aims to move up to the Premier League. Coventry have just two points up for a Play off place.
No, then as I understand it, it is more reasonable that Gyökeres will be sold in the summer window. So any sale or move already this winter is not particularly likely if nothing unforeseen is expected to happen until January 31, when the transfer window in England closes.
Gyökeres, who previously belonged to Brighton in the Premier League, has been clear that it is to remain in England and to play in the Premier League, which is the big goal.
- I feel very much at home here in England and it's probably the Premier League you want to play in the most. I would have probably fit in there given my style of play and the fact that I played in The Championship. The Premier League is a league that attracts. And I think I have adapted well to England and the culture and everything around football here, Gyökeres said this summer regarding his football future.

Users who are viewing this thread