Gyokeres switches to 'top' agent (1 Viewer)

coop

Aug 30, 2011
I don't think this is fair .. I reckon he has all the attributes to do well in the prem .. just back from international duty too , post sounds a bit bitter
Not slagging him off as such , he has been great since he signed for us just think he will find it alot harder against premiership defenders.But if he isn't going to sign then get as much money as possible.Would love to see him go on and be a success think we probably forget that he isn't that old.

Reactions: Evo1883

coop

Aug 30, 2011
Basically as there was no midfield to feed him properly on Saturday 😀
He does alot of work himself definitely missing a Ohare,Palmer type player shame Callum got injured as I think we might of already been set in playoffs.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I don't think this is fair .. I reckon he has all the attributes to do well in the prem .. just back from international duty too , post sounds a bit bitter

Hes been the single factor in keeping us in the league let alone challenging in the top half. No one expected he’d be what he is.

He is the best striker in championship years by some distance. His commitment and resilience to play every single game as well is remarkable

Some wanted to keep Biamou and let him go

He’s the best thing that’s happened to the club for years and when he’s sold will set up a competitive budget

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Hes been the single factor in keeping us in the league let alone challenging in the top half. No one expected he’d be what he is.

He is the best striker in championship years by some distance. His commitment and resilience to play every single game as well is remarkable

He’s the best thing that’s happened to the club for years and when he’s sold will set up a competitive budget
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton

That’s a worry as we are an injury to him away from trouble, if we replaced him with two not quite as good strikers at least it spreads the worry.

Reactions: NorthernWisdom

ccfc1234

Jun 26, 2014
Given Brighton are going to get some of the transfer fee I wonder if we could use their negotiation team for the transfer. They seem excellent at getting maximum value from their sales.

Pusb1

Aug 28, 2012
just seen a video of Vik from the fan event he attended at the Tavern this week.

Was asked directly "are you looking forward to playing with us next season"

his reply, "If we're in the Premier League then yes"

haha

Reactions: Skybluedownunder

BackRoomRummermill

Aug 4, 2010
Back In UK
Imho, this doesn't appear to be good news, re keeping our star player.
Players generally hire new agents in order to get better contracts or lucrative transfers.
MR has already been quoted as saying that players shouldn't be asking for telephone number salaries, and to be realistic because we haven't got a big money pot.
That MR statement can only really apply to Gyok, Hamer or O'Hare, with Gyok the most likely.

Good luck to him - he done ok for us

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020

Hopefully adds a bit of value come end of the season.

In my head I’ve come to terms with him leaving, let’s just hope we get the best deal possible so we can strengthen overall as it’s not often we get an opportunity to have a player of this value and deemed as the best player in the league. It’s been nice while we’ve had him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: shmmeee and Boosh

Skybluedownunder

Jul 13, 2020

Hopefully adds a bit of value come end of the season.

In my head I’ve come to terms with him leaving, let’s just hope we get the best deal possible so we can strengthen overall as it’s not often we get an opportunity to have a player of this value and deemed as the best player in the league. It’s been nice while we’ve had him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

Mar 22, 2011
Seems Vik’s new agent must have told him to play crap till the end of the season….. ;)

Reactions: Saddlebrains

Macca

Mar 6, 2011
Superstar? Mmm... Who's to say he'll be good enough for the Premiership? He is probably the best striker I have ever seen at this club for all-round ability, but he misses a shed load of chances, which "top strikers" usually put away. Be interesting to see where he ends up next season. If it's a lower PL team, then there's always the danger he'll end up back in the same division as us. He'll jsut earn a shit load more money, I guess. Compensations.

I agree which is why they need to secure the best contract for him in case he doesn’t make it

Reactions: torchomatic

ProfessorbyGrace

Feb 6, 2021
Last two performances have been seemingly sub-par; do we think tiredness, or one foot out of the door?

Would be nice if he didn’t just go out with a wet fart, after the season he’s had….

Old Warwickshire lad

May 25, 2013
Bedworth
For the first time this season I thought Vik just looked completely pissed off Friday.
He was also moaning at teammates.
Not looking for an argument, it was just an observation.

slowpoke

Apr 24, 2015
The whole outfield were poor v Stoke, yesterday the team improved. Have to remember Gyokeres is tightly marked now

Users who are viewing this thread