Video Gustavo Hamer bids farewell to Coventry City 🐘 (1 Viewer)

larry_david

See, for me I think this sorta thing is bollocks. I watched this and then immediately watched his interview at sheff utd. He don't care,and why would he. He came to cov as a stepping stone, everyone knew that at the time and it's worked for both parties. He's got his move, we got some serious cash and raised the profile of the club

theferret

See, for me I think this sorta thing is bollocks. I watched this and then immediately watched his interview at sheff utd. He don't care,and why would he. He came to cov as a stepping stone, everyone knew that at the time and it's worked for both parties. He's got his move, we got some serious cash and raised the profile of the club

He does care though, as did Vic, but it is more on a human level than a professional one for sure. I imagine there will have been some emotional goodbyes.

gspotgaz

This and the highlights video are just pointless to me
 he’s gone and got what he wanted from us. We got a good fee. Life goes on.

SkyblueTexan

I fear we missed our big opportunity last season. Both Gus and Vik would have stayed had we made it. We could have added McNally, Doyle on perms and strengthened further. Just hope we don’t get too down and the new guys gel quickly to take us up soon.

CCFC54321

I fear we missed our big opportunity last season. Both Gus and Vik would have stayed had we made it. We could have added McNally, Doyle on perms and strengthened further. Just hope we don’t get too down and the new guys gel quickly to take us up soon.
Why the hell on earth did Dabo take that penalty

Happy_Martian

In 12 months, would we want him ? He's now proven he's no better than any other football mercenary who moves to the highest payer. No, he helped us transform ourselves and we've helped him establish himself in English football. We just missed out on what we wanted, he got what he wanted.

Time to move on and celebrate the next messiah.

mark82

Strange move, which ultimately is likely to be a sideways move when they're back in the championship. Sheffield United are in a bit of trouble.

BigadamL

I think we are just so used to having bang average players come and go that when we have some decent leave it’s a strange feeling.
Just told my son (6) and you could see him break inside, he’s got to wear his 38 shirt for his football team for a year 😂

no_loyalty

Strange move, which ultimately is likely to be a sideways move when they're back in the championship. Sheffield United are in a bit of trouble.
He will put himself in the shop window, if he does well he will be off to another PL team.

harvey098

Not really. He doesn’t chose which club we accept bids from.

His choice was us or Sheff U
 Prem vs champ. More money vs less money.

If he proves himself in the prem this season then he’ll be even more in demand next summer, even if Sheff come down
 as opposed to having another good year in the championship. You’d have to question his ambition if he didn’t take a prem move.

SeaSeeEffCee

If he proves himself in the prem this season then he’ll be even more in demand next summer, even if Sheff come down
 as opposed to having another good year in the championship. You’d have to question his ambition if he didn’t take a prem move.
He’d lined up the move to Sheffield United before we accepted a bid.

mark82

That's fair. Just gutted.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Players come and go, shock horror, we move on to the next one and yes there will be another one.

Grendel

lol are you this naive?

Gibbo

lol are you this naive?
How on earth is that naive? Seems the obvious truth to me. More money and chance to play in the top league. No brainer for him and good luck. If he plays well he will be picked up by another Prem club when United get relegated.

If Hamer is worth ÂŁ15m, then the deal we got for Vik is even better. Given the choice of the two I'd have Hamer.

Users who are viewing this thread