Gunnar (be gone)? (1 Viewer)

Ernie Machin

A Leeds supporting chum of mine has just informed me that Gunnarsson has "verbally accepted" a contract offer from them. He's usually very reliable on these things.

More when I get it.

While I'm not devastated by the news, it does make you wonder about how hard the club are trying to keep players.

ICHAN

This one would not surprise me at all, as leeds will be about as high as he would get at the moment as far as big clubs go .

ccfc1973

Good if we get a fee from him and a % of danns transfer fee then we should be able to avoid administration till at least Xmas!!!!

pusbccfc

can i ask, why would we get a fee?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
cheers mate, well in that case then not as bad as it looks

It isnt bad at all! At least we will get some money for one of the three we all expected to leave! THat is unless he moves abroad. If he did this we'd get nought!

Heres hoping any money is invested straight into the squad, although I really doubt this will happen!

Nonleagueherewecome

Cool, should be about 500k, which is more than I'd hoped for! So that's another months losses covered :)

torchomatic

Can't see what all the fuss is about with Gunnar, to be honest. Let him go if he wants to go.

Lord_Nampil

Why push out on a player that isnt really more than wat we have offered him? We have better midfielders than him at the club already! For me he's done nothing that has impress me in the last 3 years!

Nonleagueherewecome

His goal against Blackburn was good.

ccfcdan

His first season he showed some real potential with those surging runs and the way he battled to win 50-50s. Now he just seems to fall over and whinge all the time. Abit like Clinton Morrison in his last season.

Yep agreed with the last comment. I think Deagan could be a ready made replacement any way if not a better option for us. After speaking with Bohemians season ticket holders when he first signed they were raving about him and thought it was the end of the world that he had gone.

I still want gunner to stay but we should just offer contracts once take it or leave it boys. I would have changed this rule fo king only.

Pigeon

Got told by someone who spoke to one of our players that no one has come into buy Gunar as its gone round clubs that he's got a bit of a problem drinking. They rejected the contract as his agent is simply trying to milk more money out of the club.

wal3590

Aron Gunnarsson has not been in talks with Leeds or Cardiff, i dont care if you believe me o not to be honest but check the telegraph forums with a similar username to this one and you will see i have some kind of idea and contact. He has been offered a contract by a champ club from the south around 100% more than what we are offering.

fanta80

Its in readiness for the 'i told u so's'! Must be hell walking round with a brown coloured nose constantly. In my opinion if anyone knows anything theres 2 options.. tell everyone or be quiet. wal3590 has chosen the '3rd' option of telling people he knows something but isnt telling in order to boost his ego.

6 Generations

Wal3590, (or some similar name) if i am correct, used to correctly predict the team line-up on the night before the fixtures. This was on the now defunct Cov Telegraph Sky Blue forum. If this is the same poster, his information was never wrong.

PUSB

fanta80

Wal3590, (or some similar name) if i am correct, used to correctly predict the team line-up on the night before the fixtures. This was on the now defunct Cov Telegraph Sky Blue forum. If this is the same poster, his information was never wrong.

PUSB

So why doesnt he correctly tell everybody who this team is then? Ill tell you because he likes to feel powerful with his information and makes sure everybody knows he has it.

rob9872

Aron Gunnarsson has not been in talks with Leeds or Cardiff, i dont care if you believe me o not to be honest but check the telegraph forums with a similar username to this one and you will see i have some kind of idea and contact. He has been offered a contract by a champ club from the south around 100% more than what we are offering.

As an ex Telegtraph poster I can reassure you guys that this one is honest and probably is in the know. He used to give us the team in advance and only got it wrong with one player in about 10 games when Clingan was pulled out just before kick off and a reshuffle was required. If he says it, then it's probably true - in fact I was pretty convinced that it was Gunnar himself for awhile ... which if it is, then all this negative stuff about not wanting him won't help.

Hi wal btw

rob9872

Ah as 6G said above - apologies for duplicate

wal3590

i was ccfcwal3590 on telegraph, hes happy to stay but feels let down by the board, hes been trying to sort a contract bun Kens always busy or holiday, I only share the information coz i think you would be interested to know, if you gonna be all arsey then i wont bother, i like to keep you in the know as nobody else at the club seems to want to!

Users who are viewing this thread