Guess the old boy Mowbray has been speaking to? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Turner would be a great signing if the medical staff are confident of his fitness. Baker's age would worry me, but again if he's fit and the price was right we could do worse. Always liked Tabb.

Past that I'm struggling to think of anyone I'd welcome back.

Hod dog

wasnt the main point of the article that we are looking at some championship players that finished near top of standings with their team?

whya re we focussing on ex cov players bit?

we are focussing on the ex cov player bit, as Mowbray has said he has had ex cov player say they would want to come back, and this thread is asking who do we think it is?

SkyBlueCRJ

I think the likely two will be Tabb and Baker. Kirkland could be a possibility but TM puts a considerable amount of faith in RCC and therefore it is unlikely Kirkland will come back to play second fiddle in a League One club when he could easily find a team at this level that would put him in their starting XI week in week out. Tabb is a versatile midfielder who's work rate is second to none. Mowbray is a huge advocate of players that fit the mould of him. Passionate, versatile, tough, vocal, experienced and an engine. He has got considerable qualities that would make him a solid addition to the squad. Baker is the same. Gained promotion with MK Dons therefore knows what it takes to get promoted, experienced and as we all know, captain material. He has got similar qualities to Tabb but more suited to what we need. Skilful, goalscoring, consistent winger that can lead. I would be an advocate of bringing Baker back. He still has quality and at the end of the day he wants to play for us. Moussa would be a risk as the last two years have been nothing short of a nightmare for him. Shame as his quality was evident in the season he left

Hobo

Can you demonstrate how to handle a hard front man? ;)
Bite their ears, well that was the rumour. Or in the case of Terry Gibson (not a hard man) take him to the pictures Friday night and tuck him up in bed with a kiss.

Hobo

Can't get the love in with all the ex players. Baker? Give it a rest!

SkyBlueCRJ

Jay Tabb played ZERO times for Ipswich this season. Did not get on the pitch once in the league. No thanks.

Only because of the amount of quality Ipswich possess in midfield? Cole Skuse, Teddy Bishop, Ben Pringle, Giles Coke, Ryan Fraser, Maitland-Niles, Luke Hyam, Jonathan Douglas just to name a few. Theres no chance Tabb would've made a solid impact in that team unless for injuries. Probably past excelling in the Championship but it doesn't necessarily suggest that he would not be good enough for League One. And his seasons stats were 4 games 1 goal.

Hobo

why is it so hard to believe

was player of the year this time last year at promoted MK Dons
What about this year? How old? He wasn't consistent first time round. No thanks!

Grendel

why is it so hard to believe

was player of the year this time last year at promoted MK Dons
So they've offered him a deal then?

ccfcway

That's a no then. Why not if he's do great?

i'm not going to dodge the question, the answer is I don't know if MK Dons have offered him a deal, in the same way I don't know if we have.

I just said would it be so hard to believe that we offer a deal to a player who wants to play for ccfc and who was player of the year for MK Dons in their promotion season, in a team where Dele Ali was also in their midfield. Not saying I want him back

SkyBlueCRJ

That's a no then. Why not if he's do great?

MK Dons and Baker would've obviously had discussions over a contract and they may have offered reduced terms in the form of salary and game time. Neither you or ccfcway will know the definitive factor of his release unless you care to go pay him a visit. MK Dons may want to go in a different direction cut costs or they may believe he is simply not good enough anymore, we could speculate until the cows come home. I personally would have him back over a Premier League youth product loanee and still think he could do a job judging from how he has played over the past few seasons along with the commitment that he has shown with CCFC and MK Dons respectively.

Grendel

MK Dons and Baker would've obviously had discussions over a contract and they may have offered reduced terms in the form of salary and game time. Neither you or ccfcway will know the definitive factor of his release unless you care to go pay him a visit. MK Dons may want to go in a different direction cut costs or they may believe he is simply not good enough anymore, we could speculate until the cows come home. I personally would have him back over a Premier League youth product loanee and still think he could do a job judging from how he has played over the past few seasons along with the commitment that he has shown with CCFC and MK Dons respectively.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Also it seems Mowbray hasn't approached any of these ex players they've approached him. I'm sure there are two we know who they are and we know why they are sniffing around.

ccfcway

MK Dons and Baker would've obviously had discussions over a contract and they may have offered reduced terms in the form of salary and game time. Neither you or ccfcway will know the definitive factor of his release .

has he been released ?

SkyBlueCRJ

has he been released ?

Currently in talks however considering he only made 12 appearances last year it can be assumed he will not be given a starting role which I think he will want. He's coming to the last few years of his career, he's not going to want to rot on a bench all season not playing.

ccfcway

Currently in talks however considering he only made 12 appearances last year it can be assumed he will not be given a starting role which I think he will want. He's coming to the last few years of his career, he's not going to want to rot on a bench all season not playing.

tudgay will be off then

SkyBlueCRJ

Also it seems Mowbray hasn't approached any of these ex players they've approached him. I'm sure there are two we know who they are and we know why they are sniffing around.

They have approached him but the question isn't over who approached who but whether fans would deem it a solid signing if the mentioned ex-players returned, which in all fairness you've answered. But why wouldn't you touch him with a barge pole? You make it sound like it's Michael McIndoe approaching TM.

Gint11

Would have Baker back, he can still do it in League 1, and good guy to have around the youngster, I would risk Turner on a short deal (injury prone) and I would consider Moussa too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

I'm sitting here, genuinely laughing, and at the same time feeling really sorry for those not fortunate enough to have seen George Curtis play football. If they had (Seen Curtis) play, they might not be so ready to take the piss.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sitting here, genuinely laughing, and at the same time feeling really sorry for those not fortunate enough to have seen George Curtis play football. If they had (Seen Curtis) play, they might not be so ready to take the piss.
nobody is taking the piss out of him, it's how you phrased it....

Sky Blue Kid

So, who are these two players then, seeing as you know everything CCFC?

Users who are viewing this thread