groundshare issue (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Football league statement I've read says.The football league cannot authorise or sanction a ground share until we exit administration. ...am I missing something ?

Otis

We exit administration whenever Tim Fisher feels like it and likewise go back into administration anytime it suits Tim Fisher's argument.

quinn1971

But the football league have broke every rule in allowing our groundshare/rental agreement.The team in the senior competition should have priority.it has to be agreed by the fa.And a groundshare plan must be in place before march 31st of the previous season . There's more of their own
rules they've broken.I think acls meeting with the football league on monday will be the groundshare cannot go ahead.

Nick

Administrator
But the football league have broke every rule in allowing our groundshare/rental agreement.The team in the senior competition should have priority.it has to be agreed by the fa.And a groundshare plan must be in place before march 31st of the previous season . There's more of their own
rules they've broken.I think acls meeting with the football league on monday will be the groundshare cannot go ahead.

Do they ever stick to rules though? Didn't they let Portsmouth get away with murder?

Steve_75

Football league statement I've read says.The football league cannot authorise or sanction a ground share until we exit administration. ...am I missing something ?

My guess is that Fisher/Otium are the ones that requested the ground share and they won't own the club until we exit administration.
Effectively they've negotiated it on the assumption that they will become owners of the club.

hill83

It's their rules, it appears they can change them whenever it suits.

My rule at the moment is I'm not going to go to the pub tonight.

quinn1971

Which is why acl are meeting the football league monday ? We won't be out of admin until after the season starts so whatever otium have negotiated with northampton won't mean anything.The football league have only agreed to it only because there wasn't any other option where we could play.now hoffmans offer has been made I'd say that makes them sanctioning a groundshare wrong.....I guess we'll find out Monday.

jesus-wept

Which is why acl are meeting the football league monday ? We won't be out of admin until after the season starts so whatever otium have negotiated with northampton won't mean anything.The football league have only agreed to it only because there wasn't any other option where we could play.now hoffmans offer has been made I'd say that makes them sanctioning a groundshare wrong.....I guess we'll find out Monday.
Think you are right there perhaps we have jumped the gun a bit. The FL saying we can ground share with NTFC perhaps is just procedure to enable us (ccfc) to be allowed to compete this coming season. There had to be a point where they knew where we are playing or we could have been kicked out. Fisher stated on CWR in his hardball manner this isn't a game of poker but of course it is and timing is of the essence. I believe this latest Hoffman offer will change the FL goalposts, remember also the FA haven't got involved yet, well not officially anyway. They have power over the FL but can only get involved once the FL route is completely exhausted. I still think we will kick-off at the Ricoh and if we do I hope there isn't a seat to be had.

Spionkop

Think any sane Coventry City fan shares your hope Jesus Wept. And your final point - if we do kick off at the Ricoh, I hope there isn't an empty seat either.

Sky Blue Pete

That would be great wouldn't it. Too many still won't go at the Ricoh and will say its cos of Sisu or cost or its Saturday or its Sunday or its Tuesday or its raining or its sunny or its cold or its expensive or we aren't good enough or etc etc etc

Sky Blue Kid

@ Sky Blue Pete The reason I, and thousands of others won't be there....IS because SISU are still in control. It's not because of expense, It's because of a PRINCIPLE. Wether we play at the Ricoh or anywhere as a "Home fixture" it will be....NOPM.

hill83

@ Sky Blue Pete The reason I, and thousands of others won't be there....IS because SISU are still in control. It's not because of expense, It's because of a PRINCIPLE. Wether we play at the Ricoh or anywhere as a "Home fixture" it will be....NOPM.

That won't be the case if we play at the Ricoh. A few may stop going but not as many as if we move out of the city.
You won't be in the majority with this.

Sky Blue Kid

@hill83.... SISU take control...average over 19-20k SISU still in control today....average 9k last season...EEErrrrrr think I'm still in the majority!

Warwickhunt

Can you imagine 25k home gate at the Ricoh and Fisher justifying to the FL a ground share of 7.5k ..

J

Jack Griffin

Can you imagine 25k home gate at the Ricoh and Fisher justifying to the FL a ground share of 7.5k ..

You have to laugh, TF's optimistic crowd figures at Northampton are based on 25% of a 30000 crowd.. that is the most simplistic & flawed calculation based on their poll.:pointlaugh: ignoring so many factors..........

hill83

@hill83.... SISU take control...average over 19-20k SISU still in control today....average 9k last season...EEErrrrrr think I'm still in the majority!

We actually averaged 10948 last season, but that's not my point. Relegation and years of shit also saw to the decrease in attendance.
I meant the attendance difference from last season to this. If we are at the Ricoh the attendance won't be less than 5.5K.
So "errrrrrrrrrrrrr" you will be in the minority.

Sky Blue Kid

I've got nothing against people going to home games at the Ricoh. Yes I would love to see a "One off" 32k gate...Just to show Septic, and Fisher what might have been....but do you really think it will happen?.........Actually, you've won me over with that suggestion make it a sell out for the "ONE GAME ONLY"...I'll be there, for the first time in 3 seasons.

Sky Blue Kid

hill83... I meant the attendance difference from last season to this. If we are at the Ricoh the attendance won't be less than 5.5K. So "errrrrrrrrrrrrr" you will be in the minority. Eerrrrr you didn't say that did you?

hill83

hill83... I meant the attendance difference from last season to this. If we are at the Ricoh the attendance won't be less than 5.5K. So "errrrrrrrrrrrrr" you will be in the minority. Eerrrrr you didn't say that did you?

Nope. I incorrectly assumed it was a given when I mentioned the comparison between staying at he Ricoh and moving out of the city.

Sky Blue Kid

Users who are viewing this thread