Great unanswered questions (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

Bit of trivia for you. In our Coventry homes was originally a folk song from Liverpool called in our Liverpool homes which also included the line “if you want a cathedral we’ve got one to spare”. Liverpool is the only city in the UK that officially has two cathedrals. A catholic one and a Protestant one. Reason being a history of Irish catholic immigration. Liverpool also used to be as sectarian as Glasgow until the catholic and Protestant dockers united to strike for fair pay, better working conditions and stand together against other social injustices. They soon found out that they had a lot in common and sectarianism was bullshit in the big scheme of things. I’m sure you’ll still find sectarianism in Liverpool if you go looking for it but nothing compared to Glasgow or Northern Ireland.
Nah. It was called In my Liverpool home (no 's'), which is why I get pissed off, being a pedantic twat, that it's sung as 'In our Coventry homes'.
Sorry, late to this thread.
Standing down now.

Badger

Nah. It was called In my Liverpool home (no 's'), which is why I get pissed off, being a pedantic twat, that it's sung as 'In our Coventry homes'.
Standing down now.
Agreed - the 's' suggests everyone has 2 cathedrals in their house

rob9872

Standing down now.

Agreed - the 's' suggests everyone has 2 cathedrals in their house
It irks me much more that we sing the line "We speak with an accent exceedingly rare" (which let's be honest most people think we're Brummies), yet omit the line "Meet under a statue exceedingly bare" - far more pertinent to the City!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If the Big Bang Theory is correct, how come astronomers can't locate the centre of the universe?
Because the centre is everywhere. If everything in the universe came into existence at the big bang from a singularity, then everything must also be at the centre of that singularity.

If we're looking billions of light years into the universe towards the start of the universe, a civilisation on planets billions of light years away would be looking at us towards the start of the universe too.

I'm more about if the universe is infinite yet also expanding, what's it expanding into and how?

skybluetony176

Why do you never see any Chinese bricklayers considering they are responsible for building the biggest wall of all time?
Are people in China saying why do you never see British bricklayers considering that they built Hadrians wall?

And yes I know Hadrian was a Roman but it would have been the British that were forced to build it.

rob9872

Are people in China saying why do you never see British bricklayers considering that they built Hadrians wall?

And yes I know Hadrian was a Roman but it would have been the British that were forced to build it.
No.
They're no so sterotypically lacist over there.

shmmeee

Why do people on SBT screenshot a Twitter post, then upload that screenshot to SBT rather than just copying and pasting the link? It’s more effort for a worse result, why??

Bad Boy

People when being served at shop, cafe restaurant etc say 'Can I get'

Answer, no you fucking can't get.

Grendel

Bit of trivia for you. In our Coventry homes was originally a folk song from Liverpool called in our Liverpool homes which also included the line “if you want a cathedral we’ve got one to spare”. Liverpool is the only city in the UK that officially has two cathedrals. A catholic one and a Protestant one. Reason being a history of Irish catholic immigration. Liverpool also used to be as sectarian as Glasgow until the catholic and Protestant dockers united to strike for fair pay, better working conditions and stand together against other social injustices. They soon found out that they had a lot in common and sectarianism was bullshit in the big scheme of things. I’m sure you’ll still find sectarianism in Liverpool if you go looking for it but nothing compared to Glasgow or Northern Ireland.

Norwich has two cathedrals

Covkid1968#

Why do dark spirits kick the granny out of me when I can drink vodka for fun?
Red wine for me. 8 pints of lager… bit of a cock but no problem. 3 glasses of red wine and I’m shitfaced. 🤷🏻

Users who are viewing this thread