Government white paper (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Looks like big changes ahead and a much bigger role for fans trusts including our own

Sky Blue Pete

Just read that article and it’s basically the same paragraph rewritten about 20 times

Whole load of nothing really, lip service
The trust meeting I went to was very interesting. The fans network are expecting significant changes and the trusts including ours are expecting to be the vehicles to enact the fans part of them. All fans need to understand the proposals and seek to ensure all fans are included not just a small percentage

fernandopartridge

Looks like big changes ahead and a much bigger role for fans trusts including our own

It doesn't address the fundamental underlying problem.

Sky Blue Pete

The trust meeting I went to was very interesting. The fans network are expecting significant changes and the trusts including ours are expecting to be the vehicles to enact the fans part of them. All fans need to understand the proposals and seek to ensure all fans are included not just a small percentage
I think it’s scary rather than funny. Decisions are taken by those in the room and whilst some have the clubs interests at heart there’s one who I don’t think does leading all this stuff centrally

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think it’s scary rather than funny. Decisions are taken by those in the room and whilst some have the clubs interests at heart there’s one who I don’t think does leading all this stuff centrally
Who’s that then? Are they looking to poll the members by more means than who’s in the Albany on a Monday night?

fernandopartridge

What’s that?

There is no point regulating in 'financial sustainability' where 20 clubs + another half a dozen or so are in receipt of multimillions of TV money just for being or having recently been in the top flight. It is not a level playing field.

As for the 'fit and proper' test, it's always been pie in the sky that it would catch out so-called 'rogue' owners.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm all for change but there's a few eyebrow raisers in there.

Namely the 'integrity test' being one and I'm equally wary about the notion of giving fans an increased say on the day to day running of their club.

Grendel

im laughing as I assume Rog The Dodge is our rep still

Frostie

Good god.

slowpoke

I know trusts especially ours aren’t the most popular and I personally don’t get involved in trust criticism but I’d think there’s a case for others who wish to to get on the trust board, attend their meetings etc, not a closed shop is it ? Surely better to do that than snipe from on here.

Ian1779

I know trusts especially ours aren’t the most popular and I personally don’t get involved in trust criticism but I’d think there’s a case for others who wish to to get on the trust board, attend their meetings etc, not a closed shop is it ? Surely better to do that than snipe from on here.
I think that a supporters trust that aligns its ‘values’ with a local council or London rugby club is not one that represents the fan base.
Things may well be different but that where it was a few years ago.

robbiekeane

The irony around ownership is hilarious

What does “fit and proper” mean? Clearly it doesn’t mean owners who try to minimise losses or run the club as self sustaining as possible. That’s what we’ve got and everyone fucking hates them.

So actually by fit and proper people mean someone ready to throw a load of money at a club and never see it again. But at the same time this whole thing is ran on the pretence of financial sustainability and responsibility.

laughable

Frostie

I think that a supporters trust that aligns its ‘values’ with a local council or London rugby club is not one that represents the fan base.

And it's still the same people pulling the strings now.

rob9872

You only have to mention the word Government and we get Ian out of Off Topic and onto the CCFC board, but he's 100% bang on here :)

rob9872

Nah they just need closing down. Not fit for purpose and rotten to the core.

rob9872

The irony around ownership is hilarious

What does “fit and proper” mean? Clearly it doesn’t mean owners who try to minimise losses or run the club as self sustaining as possible. That’s what we’ve got and everyone fucking hates them.

So actually by fit and proper people mean someone ready to throw a load of money at a club and never see it again. But at the same time this whole thing is ran on the pretence of financial sustainability and responsibility.

laughable
Being self sustainable is fine and right. I don't hate them for that. I do hate them for the years of lies and false dawns and twice moving us away from our City. The problem is here that they're not the only wankers in our scenario and the Council, Wasps and EFL are also a waste of time.

With regards funding unless we get some dodgy oil money, we may as well stick with what we've got as I don't see a queue of wealthy backers looking to take over.

shmmeee

giphy.gif

AndreasB

Fully expect the Trust to be chiming in with their full throated support of this and their willingness to become part of it. Worth keeping an eye on their activity as they will claim to be in the pole position to get involved.
This despite their low profile at the moment, continued shambles of their boilerplate website (which no longer lists the members of the Trust board) Would seriously advise as many people as possible to vote on any of their proposals and stand for their Board -or they could find themselves represented by this nameless bunch - especially as they still claim 2300 members on their website- Im sure many of us are part of that number.

shmmeee

Fully expect the Trust to be chiming in with their full throated support of this and their willingness to become part of it. Worth keeping an eye on their activity as they will claim to be in the pole position to get involved.
This despite their low profile at the moment, continued shambles of their boilerplate website (which no longer lists the members of the Trust board) Would seriously advise as many people as possible to vote on any of their proposals and stand for their Board -or they could find themselves represented by this nameless bunch - especially as they still claim 2300 members on their website- Im sure many of us are part of that number.

Will you be standing, Andreas?

Users who are viewing this thread