Good Luck CCFC (1 Viewer)

D

DAFC 1885

As the name suggests I am a Dunfermline Athletic fan and, in a rare few moments that I've not been worrying about my own club, I've kept a wee eye on the ongoing saga with Coventry. Other than having fond memories of Keith Houchens diving header and Dunfermline signing Craig Falconbridge years ago I've no connection with Coventry.. Our clubs are fairly similar in that we have a proud history of being in our top league for most of our days however due to financial mismanagement we have slipped down the leagues a bit and murmurings of imminent collapse have gone on for years now.

We have now been served a writ, rightly so, by HMRC, and unless a fans group succeed in their negotiations with our greedy owner, we won't exist in a couple of weeks. I know the Coventry situation is different from ours and that the foremost thing you have to sort is with the stadium owners (whatever happened to clubs owning their own grounds?) but as fans we will undoubtedly share the same sleepless nights worrying what's going to happen next.

Hope you guys pull through it and get back eventually to the dizzy heights you enjoyed in the 80's and 90's. All the best.

theferret

As the name suggests I am a Dunfermline Athletic fan and, in a rare few moments that I've not been worrying about my own club, I've kept a wee eye on the ongoing saga with Coventry. Other than having fond memories of Keith Houchens diving header and Dunfermline signing Craig Falconbridge years ago I've no connection with Coventry.. Our clubs are fairly similar in that we have a proud history of being in our top league for most of our days however due to financial mismanagement we have slipped down the leagues a bit and murmurings of imminent collapse have gone on for years now.

We have now been served a writ, rightly so, by HMRC, and unless a fans group succeed in their negotiations with our greedy owner, we won't exist in a couple of weeks. I know the Coventry situation is different from ours and that the foremost thing you have to sort is with the stadium owners (whatever happened to clubs owning their own grounds?) but as fans we will undoubtedly share the same sleepless nights worrying what's going to happen next.

Hope you guys pull through it and get back eventually to the dizzy heights you enjoyed in the 80's and 90's. All the best.

Indeed, our situation is very different. I only wish we could all be united with a common goal, but sadly the in-fighting and finger pointing gets worse every day. Bad times.

Flying Fokker

Thanks for the support. It is a whole can of worms here? A bit more complex than some mismanagement in football. The stadium owners seem to have the supporters interests at heart. It is our owners who have let the fans down. They have milked the club dry. Posting losses all over the place but not having any transparency.

theferret

Thanks for the support. It is a whole can of worms here? A bit more complex than some mismanagement in football. The stadium owners seem to have the supporters interests at heart. It is our owners who have let the fans down. They have milked the club dry. Posting losses all over the place but not having any transparency.

Nearly choked on my cornflakes.

pusbccfc

Good luck to you lot too fella

Mucca Mad Boys

You are way out of touch.

torchomatic

CHeers, DA. Been to your ground a few times over the years. Once when I was there in the early 90s we were asked why we sang "Twist and Shout". Not sure how DA fans got to hear about it.

blueflint

good luck up there m8 we may need more than luck to get out of this shit

Grendel

Your just a troll and a disgrace.

Stevearcade

Thanks for the support man. It goes to show that while people may support different teams in football, there is still a national and even international football fan community. Nobody wants to see this kind of stuff happen to their team or any others.

Appreciate you kind and thoughtful words buddy. And the best of luck to you guys in this tough time too.

Flying Fokker

Ha, the usual people on the rant again.

Grendel, it is about opinions, I hear what you say but don't agree with you.
skyblue Taylor..... ..You paying board yet...You will find out what it is like to honour your debts.

SISU set this business up to bleed it dry. They wanted the stadium and ACL even agreed to it last year. But it never happened because SISU stalled. They spotted a weakness in ACL in that they were not able to meet their mortgage debt, stopped paying rent so that they would go bust. Starved ACL of funds. Hence the need for ACL to take the loan from Coventry Council.

SISU are sharks. ACL and their backers have taken them on and are in the stronger position at the moment. SISU will play another hand before long.

See what happens then.....It could mean liquidation.

We have gone through this argument time and again. I do not like the position the club is in. It is a mess.

shropshirecov

It's the stadium owners who are milking the club for all its worth, and some people on here are applauding them for it.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Ha, the usual people on the rant again.

Grendel, it is about opinions, I hear what you say but don't agree with you.
skyblue Taylor..... ..You paying board yet...You will find out what it is like to honour your debts.

SISU set this business up to bleed it dry. They wanted the stadium and ACL even agreed to it last year. But it never happened because SISU stalled. They spotted a weakness in ACL in that they were not able to meet their mortgage debt, stopped paying rent so that they would go bust. Starved ACL of funds. Hence the need for ACL to take the loan from Coventry Council.

SISU are sharks. ACL and their backers have taken them on and are in the stronger position at the moment. SISU will play another hand before long.

See what happens then.....It could mean liquidation.

We have gone through this argument time and again. I do not like the position the club is in. It is a mess.

I'm not a fan of SISU, but I don't believe they "set up the business to bleed it dry".

I'm quite convinced they intended to make the club successful and then sell it on.

Unfortunately they lost their nerve (or perhaps their access to finance) and when they ditched Plan A, it soon became obvious that they had no coherent Plan B.

My issue with them over the last couple of years has been the poor (incompetent in my view) way they've run the club. I did see signs of hope in the summer, but then we've had the (again in my view) totally mismanaged negotiations with ACL. Sadly the events of yesterday seem to have been inevitable for some time now.

It seems that all we can do is hope that things turn out as well as possible.

Flying Fokker

Not my view im sad to say. SISU have put us where we are today. SISU purchased the club and had a business plan. It stalled because they bullied ACL, spotted weaknesses and tried to turn the knife.

CCFCDan87

Not my view im sad to say. SISU have put us where we are today. SISU purchased the club and had a business plan. It stalled because they bullied ACL, spotted weaknesses and tried to turn the knife.

That's how I see it. Looking at the way some feel sorry for SISU is ridiculous. They are bullies and usually get there way, this time someone stood up to them!

Thanks buddy. Nice to see that fans stick together. No matter hat team we support, we love the same sport, the same passion and we despise these money grabbing a**holes who are ruining our sport. Hope Dunfermline Athletic get out of that mess to pal

D

DAFC 1885

The whole situation is a dire mess for both clubs. One of the further tragedies is the in fighting that seems to follow between fans of the same club.

We have had 4 different fans groups trying bits and bobs each with differing agendas (our average gate is only 3000 so that's ridiculous). In the last 2 weeks we have benefitted greatly from having a club icon Jim Leishman pull all the fans together and now some progress has been made. Dunno if you guys have someone equally revered by all fans who could do the same. At the end of the day finger pointing and the rights and wrongs won't count if there's not a club to argue over.

Brighton Sky Blue

I went to a Dunfermline game in 2011-the derby against Raith where you sealed promotion and got a full house. Great atmosphere and home to the hilarious 'You've only got one shoe' chant with half the stand waving their shoes at the away end.

Went past the ground yesterday and there were quite a few reporters stood outside so I guess at least you're getting national exposure. Hope you raise the cash you need for the taxman.

olderskyblue

Well said flying people need to respect other views rather use bullying words ...

Unfortunately, this has been a consistent trait with some posters, which to me renders any argument they might have, worthless.

SkyBlueSwiss

Thanks for your thoughts, and let's hope for the best from both clubs.

As you can see from the responses, this situation has polarised the thoughts of many of the fans and causes many arguments. However, I beleive that we are all football fans in the final analysis, and what we need is a level playing field in national and international football where football has to play by the same financial rules as the rest of the "real" world and the big money men that have ruined the sport must be forced out again.
It is a sad state of affairs if the only way that our clubs can be "saved" is by some multi-biliionnaire getting his rocks off by owning an English football club that he can show off to his mates like some prize racing horse or his latest international model bit of crumpet.

Black6Osprey

That's how I see it. Looking at the way some feel sorry for SISU is ridiculous. They are bullies and usually get there way, this time someone stood up to them!

But ACL are stating that to get any share of the ground for a new buyer would only happen if they develop the surrounding land. Dont you see that they are already trying to bully any potential investor? No businessman will take on such a loss making, one sided venture. ACL have started something that will either see SISU pay up or CCFC liquidated.

wolfie

i didn't think sisu could liquidate the club now that acl have announced there intention of putting ccfc into admin? not sure how this works!. either way instead of calling someone a troll isn't it about time that all fans' of all clubs started shouting with one voice. how many clubs have been stitched up in the past? and how many others are struggling to survive because of money men with no brains are running them.

chiefdave

i didn't think sisu could liquidate the club now that acl have announced there intention of putting ccfc into admin? not sure how this works!. either way instead of calling someone a troll isn't it about time that all fans' of all clubs started shouting with one voice. how many clubs have been stitched up in the past? and how many others are struggling to survive because of money men with no brains are running them.

wonder how exactly this works? ACL have frozen the bank accounts and TF has said everyone is being paid directly by SISU. What happens if they just stop paying? Surely you can't continue a business not paying anyone and I wouldn't imagine SISU can be forced to stump up money out of their own pocket.

rob9872

Thank you DAFC and good luck.

Bitter rivals on Saturday afternoons, but I think the wider football family always understands most. Wherever you plant your colours we come together for occasions like Bradford, Ibrox, Heysel or Hillsborough. I would even hate to see what is happening to us to be replicated at Villa or Leicester.

D

DAFC 1885

On a lighter note I found your appointment of Pressley a strange one but if he's given time he'll do well bringing through young guys but the board and fans will need patience. He comes across pretty thick when he speaks but he has really good ideas and generally talks sense.

He does have a pretty bad sense in fashion though as is nicknamed "Pishy Broon Shoes" by fans up here. You'll soon see why.

On a lighter note I found your appointment of Pressley a strange one but if he's given time he'll do well bringing through young guys but the board and fans will need patience. He comes across pretty thick when he speaks but he has really good ideas and generally talks sense.

He does have a pretty bad sense in fashion though as is nicknamed "Pishy Broon Shoes" by fans up here. You'll soon see why.

I have to say the football wasnt great on Tuesday but i can see that Pressley is gonna take risks with this team. We need a bit of Scottish Fire here

Users who are viewing this thread