Glory Hunters (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Was just thinking about their success up the m69 . does anyone think we'll see LCFC shirts being worn on the streets of Coventry ? and would they be brave/ stupid enough to do so ?

Samo

Was just thinking about their success up the m69 . does anyone think we'll see LCFC shirts being worn on the streets of Coventry ? and would they be brave/ stupid enough to do so ?

I think you will see some kids wearing them! :(

skybluelee

Undoubtedly there will be, they are the champions of England and some people change allegiances like the wind.

Brave enough? What do you think will happen to them exactly?!

hill83

Undoubtedly there will be, they are the champions of England and some people change allegiances like the wind.

Pedigreed off the tallest spire

Bob Latchford

I'd imagine they'd be attacked , wouldn't they ?

Nick

Administrator
I'd imagine they'd be attacked , wouldn't they ?

Attacked by who?

I remember somebody on here going on about their mate that he hated SISU so bought a Leicester Season Ticket with his kids (just happened to be the year they got promoted to the Premier League as well). He was spoken about like a hero.

Bob Latchford

Attacked by who?

I remember somebody on here going on about their mate that he hated SISU so bought a Leicester Season Ticket with his kids (just happened to be the year they got promoted to the Premier League as well). He was spoken about like a hero.
I'd imagine Cov fans who detest anything to do with LCFC. would be like a red rag to a bull wouldn't it ?

Re the LCFC hopper , I wouldn't see him as a hero myself . I'd put him in the same category as those that went inside sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
I'd imagine Cov fans who detest anything to do with LCFC. would be like a red rag to a bull wouldn't it ?

Re the LCFC hopper , I wouldn't see him as a hero myself . I'd put him in the same category as those that went inside sixfields.

Do you know many city fans who would kick off with somebody just for wearing a Leicester shirt?

lifeskyblue

I went to the parade yesterday with family. We live in Leicester and wife and all kids born there. Not a webbed foot in sight. Son and I are and will remain CCFC season ticket holders. I'm sure some will jump in the bandwagon. Just like in the past. This time next year there will again be more Chelsea, manure and Liverpool kits on show than Leicester or cov locally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I think one day, as annoying as it is, we're just going to have to accept that football has changed and people like us, who follow a team through anything and would never dream of supporting anyone else, are becoming rarer. Some people are not that in to football and as it's on tv all the time feel they can change their club just like they could their favourite tv show.

Bob Latchford

Do you know many city fans who would kick off with somebody just for wearing a Leicester shirt?
Let's just say , I think it would be an unwise thing to do.

Bob Latchford

I think one day, as annoying as it is, we're just going to have to accept that football has changed and people like us, who follow a team through anything and would never dream of supporting anyone else, are becoming rarer. Some people are not that in to football and as it's on tv all the time feel they can change their club just like they could their favourite tv show.
Interesting .

bringbackrattles

My sister lives in Leicester and hates football but she said the whole city has gone football mad. But being a Cov kid she still wants the Sky Blues to win something,so I've trained her well !

LastGarrison

De Montfort University's International student applications have reportedly gone up something ridiculous like 60%!!

Terry Gibson's perm

In Nuneaton I always saw the odd one wearing their shirt and at the moment you see the odd flag but it will all be over soon as the international shirts will all be out. I didn't see any of them lifting the trophy or their party as I switch off the tv whenever they come on.

But if somebody wants to wear their shirt its up to them

Rodders1

My sister lives in Leicester and hates football but she said the whole city has gone football mad. But being a Cov kid she still wants the Sky Blues to win something,so I've trained her well !
I live in Leicester and work at Leicester uni ....... Next to the park where the parade finished. Safe to say that I cannot get away from foxes stuff at the moment. I've lost my hatred for them and it's replaced by envy ...... We used to be similarly sized clubs. We're now miles apart. It has however given me more passion to support the sky blues. Just looking at how their success has changed the city I live in - it's simply buzzing. I hope city can do something next season to give our fans something to celebrate.

bringbackrattles

I live in Leicester and work at Leicester uni ....... Next to the park where the parade finished. Safe to say that I cannot get away from foxes stuff at the moment. I've lost my hatred for them and it's replaced by envy ...... We used to be similarly sized clubs. We're now miles apart. It has however given me more passion to support the sky blues. Just looking at how their success has changed the city I live in - it's simply buzzing. I hope city can do something next season to give our fans something to celebrate.
I know it keeps on being said but they have shown that it can be done. I'm not envious of Leicester and like you it has made me even more determined to keep the faith.

fernandopartridge

Spot on. I went the Man Utd game tonight, the ground was half empty because so many tickets are sold to one off tourists.

chiefdave

They've shown that it can be done (if you find somebody willing to spend hundreds of millions of pounds).

Exactly. Was reading an article earlier today, would link it if I could remember where it was, that said Leicester winning the league will be a nightmare for clubs like Southampton and Norwich now. There will be a huge expectation for them to be able to do similar and increased pressure to pump in silly amounts of money.

People are going on like they were all free transfers nobody else wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread