Get VAR in the fucking bin (2 Viewers)

SIR ERNIE

Thing is they pay endless attention to drawing lines on toes 50 yds apart but ignore the fact that the lines are reliant on an arbitrary decision on the precise moment that the ball leaves the passers foot.
It's not accurate at all, it's totally fucking inaccurate and open to abuse.

Brighton Sky Blue

Said it on the other thread. For about 30 seconds that was the best sporting moment in my life.

Then taken away because Wright is level with a defender in the build up, never mind for the actual goal. Hurts enormously but I can still see that we really did come from 3-0 down to beat Man Utd at Wembley irrespective of what the record books will say.

Release the VAR audio please.

Otis

It’s killing the game. I refuse to take anyone seriously who’s ever defended it.
I defend it. I continue to defend it. What I can't defend is the way it is implemented. That is where the problem lies.

If they used it properly, it would be a great boon to the game. I 100% believe that.

As it stands, I too want it binned. Because it appears they are going to continue with this anal use of it

Last edited:

SBT

I defend it. I continue to defend it. What I can't defend is the way it is implemented. That is where the problem lies.

If they used it properly, it would be a great boon to the game. I 100% believe that.

As it stands, I took want it binned. Because it appears they are going to continue with this anal use of it
Who is it benefiting?

Are the games more fair? Are the fans more entertained? Are the refs more respected?

AJB1983

As it stands, I too want it binned. Because it appears they are going to continue with this anal use of it
It’s the way they use it…. Checking for the tiniest reason not to give a goal - that wasn’t clear and obvious as there’s no way that the linesman would have seen it (which he didn’t as didn’t flag)

the refs need help but that wasn’t what it was brought in for.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s the way they use it…. Checking for the tiniest reason not to give a goal - that wasn’t clear and obvious as there’s no way that the linesman would have seen it (which he didn’t as didn’t flag)

the refs need help but that wasn’t what it was brought in for.
The most telling thing is the 4th official agreeing that the goal was fine. Why does that matter less than the computer room?

Otis

Who is it benefiting?

Are the games more fair? Are the fans more entertained? Are the refs more respected?
Nope.

It's been utilised incorrectly.

Use it for obvious errors. We can now tell if a ball crossed the line or not. We can use it to see if a foul was made in the area, or whether it occurred outside. We can see if a bad tackle was actually worse than it first appeared, or whether a player actually made a good tackle. We can now see if a goalkeeper steps off his line for a penalty. It can work well for many things

If someone is clearly offside and it's missed, use it for that, but when you look at a still and players look like they are almost side by side, it should immediately go back to the on-field decision and not palmed all over for 2-3 mins.

VAR could be very useful.

SkyblueTexan

The manager should be allowed to challenge the VAR call, especially marginal ones like this. Theres a challenge flag in the NFL. Think they should adopt something similar here.

AJB1983

The most telling thing is the 4th official agreeing that the goal was fine. Why does that matter less than the computer room?
The whole offside thing is nonsense - haji could have been stood still shoulder to shoulder next to wan bissaka, and because he’s got bigger feet he’s off….or stood behind him and sticks his leg out.

don’t understand why it can’t be like athletics - the torso, anything else doesn’t make sense.

jim20

I thought as well at a certain point you couldn’t go back and use VAR. when do you stop if it’s in the build up play, a few seconds before that a united player could’ve fouled one of our players, should you then go back and check that. It’s also not consistent in its usage, on another day they might not have checked it

Skyblue Bangkok

The whole offside thing is nonsense - haji could have been stood still shoulder to shoulder next to wan bissaka, and because he’s got bigger feet he’s off….or stood behind him and sticks his leg out.

don’t understand why it can’t be like athletics - the torso, anything else doesn’t make sense.
Clear daylight from next season

messiahrobins

It's always been corrupt
I have known this for years as i follow NFL and have seen first hand the genuine way VAR (their version of it) is manipulated to ensure favourable decisions TV companies want.
Until fans take direct action and start intimidating members of the FA things wont change. It is not nice to say but these corrupt officials need to face consequences.

Mucca Mad Boys

It wouldn't change a thing with VAR as it is. The old boys club who run it would just say "Yeah good process lads" and keep their original decision.
TMO in rugby union and league is good in demonstrating the referee and TMOs decision making process.

There’s no transparency with VAR and the way it’s been implemented is a shambles in the this country - even UEFA competitions implement it way better.

shmmeee

I’d fully support a legal claim though. The decision is obviously incorrect and clearly cost us a final place. If any VAR error is worth recompense it’s that one.

SeaSeeEffCee

Don’t think you can definitively say whether he was off or not because they rushed it so much. What happened to them taking their time over these things? The game was basically over any way, where was the harm in having a proper look at it and getting all the angles up?

The CableGuy

So, so proud of the team today.

But, we were robbed. Football was robbed, of one of the greatest comebacks ever.

In previous years I've been a fan of tech in the game to help refs. But not like this. For me, today crossed a line and if social media is any indication, fans of other clubs who watched us today feel the same way.

Getting promoted to the Premier League would be great but.......VAR will be there. Waiting. Waiting to piss on the initial joy of scoring goals. In its current form, VAR needs to be taken out back and shot in the head, before it can do more damage to football.

shmmeee

So, so proud of the team today.

But, we were robbed. Football was robbed, of one of the greatest comebacks ever.

In previous years I've been a fan of tech in the game to help refs. But not like this. For me, today crossed a line and fans of other clubs who watched us today feel the same way.

Getting promoted to the Premier League would be great but.......VAR will be there. Waiting. Waiting to piss on the initial joy of scoring goals. In its current form, VAR needs to be taken out back and shot in the head, before it can do more damage to football.

Aren’t we getting it in the Champ too?

Users who are viewing this thread