Gerrard's Send Off (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Whether you hate Liverpool or not, one of the true great English players of the modern game IMO.

All round professional and always gave everything.

Just feel sad that he never got to win the EPL, but has had a distinguished career nonetheless.

Covstu

Yep true legend, shame him and others like him (scholes, lampard) couldnt have done more for England either. Still think it was a bad move not moving from Liverpool from a career perspective but shows his loyalty

ccfc92

100% agree Stu.

It's very rare that us fans are in a position where we can choose between the club we love and glory, so it's hard to say what we'd do. But Liverpool aren't exactly a club like CCFC, so it was probably easier to stay than if he was at a "lower" club.

SkyBlueRuffian

A true gent, I mean that ashtray he smacked over the head of that DJ's head was a pure accident, luckily the other lads to the flack for him

Last edited:

Steve.B50

Not and never will change my view of Liverpool, regardless of SG.
They stopped me seeing my team play in Europe and I like to think that by doing so we may not be in the situation we are in now.
However, good luck to him.

SkyblueBazza

A true gent, I mean that ashtray he smacked over the head of that DJ's head was a pure accident, luckily the other lads to the flack for him
And still as petulant as a teenage rookie given his recent SENDING OFF for his ridiculous assault within a minute of coming on!

PUSB

Sutty

Yesterday summed up Liverpool - a club more obsessed with the hero-worship of one player than they are with getting results.

Until they stop being a personality cult and start being a football team they won't get the success they should get.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I love Liverpool (as a 2nd choice to City!) and sorry to see Stevie G go, but he can't play forever and I'm sure he'll go on to be a great manager one day.

Users who are viewing this thread