George Floyd (5 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

I stopped when I was about 22/23. Last one I went to was a freshers week and I felt like Rolf Harris so scarpered.
Haha it’s full of students now, I tend to go milsys and slug and lettuce if I go out in cov not as wild as Colly ahh

shmmeee

So is that not racist against my daughter because the school on offer gets less funding?

(I don't think it is personally, I'm just using Tony's argument)

Not sure what you mean by school on offer, in theory you can apply anywhere you like. Stringer is an anomaly because they have a high immigrant population which leads to both good attitudes to education and increased support funding due to high EAL and SEN requirements (in my understanding, there’s also some excellent teachers there of course. And I believe the academy trust are actually education related and not some random political party donor or someone trying to prove a point).

Educationally, certain Asian communities and the Chinese community do better than the average British student on average. Black kids do about the same. Education is super liberal and generally very anti racist to its core as well. Educational attainment differences tend to be down to socioeconomic circumstance and cultural differences rather than structural racism IMO.

Nick

Administrator
Again. All things that have been known about for years that you are just finding out about now and kicking off about it. What is your problem?

And the irony about trying to stir things as well. With your relentless link posting.

Mentioning it because it's a recent article.

I posted a link as it's relevant to the thread.

It doesn't make things racist.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure what you mean by school on offer, in theory you can apply anywhere you like. Stringer is an anomaly because they have a high immigrant population which leads to both good attitudes to education and increased support funding due to high EAL and SEN requirements (in my understanding, there’s also some excellent teachers there of course. And I believe the academy trust are actually education related and not some random political party donor or someone trying to prove a point).

Educationally, certain Asian communities and the Chinese community do better than the average British student on average. Black kids do about the same. Education is super liberal and generally very anti racist to its core as well. Educational attainment differences tend to be down to socioeconomic circumstance and cultural differences rather than structural racism IMO.

You can apply anywhere but would get rejected.

I don't think it's racist, that's my point

Brighton Sky Blue

President Kennedy is very similar, very impressive head teacher there.

covcity4life

Fill me in on gossip. Who was being naughty to justify a pinned thread?

Avoided this thread as ignorance is bliss. I want to like fellow cov fans even of they put me down for charity work....lol

Anyway as for BLM they obv have a point but been let down by thugs and students trying to play rebellion

Sad that racism may be increased due to all this when it is all ssid and done :( tommy robinson and edl are now being seen as good lads protecting our statues etc and that's down to the criminal vandalizing of the him marches. Such a shame as the sportsmen taking a knee etc has been very powerful

No doubt this has all been gone over of course

D

Deleted member 4439

Black Britons twice as likely to say police are institutionally racist

I remember the good old days in the 70s when it didn't matter what colour you were, the police were equally likely to harras you and give you a good slapping

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread