Gas and Electric (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Im not adverse - the retail price is more expensive - you mentioned a Zoe once it’s £6k more than it’s fuel equivalent - my vehicle is £30 grand less than than the electric version - now if you lease bus a company yes it is more beneficial but on a private PCP not in hells chance - of course it will change as with all technology and switch but most people will go for hybrid and of course fuel prices will soon again decline - I’ve no problem with it but the charge infrastructure isn’t there to make it a realistic alternative- imagine if everyone purchased one tomorrow

The infrastructure is coming. Plenty of investment both from public and private sector. I do take your point on the here and now, though, as we would really need most/every petrol station to be at least part-converted to cope. In future, though, it’ll likely be that prevalent in public car parks, supermarkets, gyms, etc that petrol stations will be repurposed.

Grendel

Isn't he saying it would have cost him £20/m if he'd got the electric equivalent, so he did in fact by the ICE model?

Anyway what car do you drive? Must be electric as it is cheaper and saves the planet

Marty

And then you get that fucking multi millionaire Cockwomble Sunak telling everyone they have to live within their means

Is it any wonder people refer to them as scum.

Genuinely not sure what's wrong with that.

skybluetony176

Genuinely not sure what's wrong with that.
He doesn’t know the meaning of the phrase. His family and his wife’s family are so wealthy they will never reach the point of having to cut back to live within their means regardless of how opulent their lives are. Which makes his comments patronising.

Then you have an issue that we have a government who’ve just spent half a million flying Liz Truss to Australia and back. The government aren’t trying to live within OUR means, it’s not their money, they don’t care. If there’s not enough fuel in the jet they’ll just rattle the piggy bank again by putting up NI and taxes. Non of them understand the meaning of the phrase.

skybluetony176

Looks like France is going to make EDF take the hit not the consumer. Presumably so consumers can continue to live within their means so the don’t have to choose between heating or eating.

skybluetony176

Just come out that Boris flew to Blackpool yesterday and actually only saved himself 15 minutes over taking the train as he had to drive to Stanstead first to get the jet. Same jet that took Liz to Australia.

#livingwithinourmeans

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And then you get that fucking multi millionaire Cockwomble Sunak telling everyone they have to live within their means

Is it any wonder people refer to them as scum.

If only we hadn't just written off £8bn on unusable pandemic supplies. And God knows how much on an almost unusable track and trace system.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The energy companies are some of the biggest bastards in the UK. I swear they just make stuff up as well.

Paid off the arrears on my UK property in order to go back to tariff rather than pay as you go, only after 3 months I find out they rejected my application as there were more arrears.

It's a complete lie and I'm refusing to pay as it stands. I paid them £700 in October and they are asking for another £300 odd.

Nothing on my online account, and nothing was said by the agent when she processed my payments and applied for the new tariff several months back (which needed the arrears to be cleared in order for her to do that).

Got escalated to some manager who is now not returning any emails.

SSE for the record.

skyblue1991

Get back down the coal mines, we've got 100s of years worth and would help with the nationalisation of UK energy supply

If it works for China then why not us

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread