Gael MOM (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

My only bit of criticism today would be for Beavon.. Not his fault but he isn't a hold the ball up type player

Old Warwickshire lad

They played well as a team, we also thought Bigi was MOTM but 43000 fans will not all agree.
And just to put a small dampener on things, lets see how they play this Tues and Sat. don't care
if we get beat as long as the same effort is there.

ccfc_ukr

Bigi has done my head in most this season, but yesterday he played really well. None of the slopping passing, taking a million touches, and generally being really frustrating... what a weekend for the lad.

jordan210

Thought Bigi had a great game yesterday. He was very pumped up from the off and after his booking was just waiting for a second yellow.

He showed a lot of passion yesterday and was in the right place for the goal. Nice for us to get a bit of luck for once.

harvey098

Bigi could easily have been my MOTM. Showed composure for his goal, his tempo and work rate was first class, and blocked two goal bound shots.

Equally worthy was Thomas and Burge

Woz01

I though Kyel Reid was outstanding yesterday, he was the man to get us up the pitch and relieving the pressure. Everyone played their part though.

Captain Dart

Wasn't it Bigi's long pass that put Reid clear of the Oxford defence before he crossed for Thomas's goal?

I''ll tell you this Reid's fitness is right up there, still running right to the end while several of our team were suffering from cramp.

bawtryneal

Bigi 9 out of 10 First half
8 out of 10 second half
The running and effort he put in "off the ball" was immense in my opinion
The whole team first class
Why the hell it takes a Wembley final to pull it all together is extremely frustrating
On that performance we should be in the play offs this season not relegated

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't it Bigi's long pass that put Reid clear of the Oxford defence before he crossed for Thomas's goal?

I''ll tell you this Reid's fitness is right up there, still running right to the end while several of our team were suffering from cramp.

No, Beavon.

skybluegod

Bigi was in the right place at the right time to take his goal brilliantly after the (albeit lucky) rebound, which calmed the nerves a bit! He had a couple of key interceptions, and stopped it on or close to the line a number of times (including that last minute melee, where we were all just holding our breath waiting for the cheer from the Oxford fans). Played a few under-powered passes which were picked off, and was lucky not to get a second yellow for that challenge on the tunnel side. AND SOMEONE GET HIM SOME LONGER STUDS, FFS!!!!

I agree that everyone was immense. Haynes and Reid had a good partnership. Haynes looked like a proper left back. Reid looked a bit slow, and can't accelerate, but showed great strength and ran himself into the ground.

One player I've not seen mentioned was Beavon. Not seen him that much, but he didn't do it for me yesterday.

But these are all nit-picks. WE FOOKIN WON!!!!

Harsh on Beavon, as if he hadn't been playing yesterday would have put any money on us losing. A Burton fan came on here when we signed him and told us he isn't the type to score 20 goals a season, and his stats don't look that good even in terms of assists. But he will be the person which gets the assists to the assists. Shown yesterday, as he actually made both goals. Was his shot for the deflection to Bigi, and it was his perfect ball down the line to Reid for the cross. Beavon with a 20 goal a season striker next year, would have us 1/2 way to promotion.

Captain Dart

No, Beavon.
I think I'm remembering another pass from deeper that didn't lead to a goal, I guess pumping the ball up for Reid to run on was a tactic employed that turned out to be pretty effective.

no_loyalty

Reid was my man of the match, the only way the Oxford players could stop him was by constantly hacking him down

Sterling Archer

Just seen the injury time goalmouth scramble at the end. Bigirimana is now my favourite player of all time.

He was everywhere yesterday, you could see by his body language how much he wanted it, just like all the players. Can we have that Bigi more often, he was superb.

wingy

Just seen the injury time goalmouth scramble at the end. Bigirimana is now my favourite player of all time.

He was everywhere yesterday, you could see by his body language how much he wanted it, just like all the players. Can we have that Bigi more often, he was superb.
His eyes were on stalks.

Houdi

Difficult to pick anyone out, but agree with a lot that Bigi had probably his best game I can ever remember,and perhaps he edged it. Thomas's goal was absolutely brilliant so can't argue with his selection. Haynes seems to have improved his defensive capabilities under Robins. Stokes brings a great calmness to the defence, and he would be my first name on the team sheet,we have really missed him. Reid proved a great outlet,and has a great ability to beat a man, also had a huge part in our 2nd goal.
DKE, has a heart of a lion,it is just a shame he is so small. Stevenson was a bit hit and miss, the quality is there,but at times is a little raw. Laimeras although quite technically gifted is so lightweight,and always flatters to deceive.
Burge a player who gets a hell of lot of stick, some deserved but not all,had a very commanding performance,and has had pretty decent games in the past 2 home games. Looking at the league table I'm not sure its the goals against have been our main problem. Although bottom, 4 teams have conceded more,and 4 more have only conceded 1 less,including Bristol Rovers who are 8th. Sheffield Utd who are top have conceded 16 less than us but have scored 43 more. We simply haven't scored anywhere near enough, to give us a chance The fact that all 4 managers have preferred Burge, should say something. On the way home on the radio a pundit claimed that the Everton goalkeeper had given up making saves for Lent,,Man City's goalkeeper has come in for fierce criticisms all season. At league 1/2 level all players tend to make more mistakes, unfortunately the goalkeepers errors are always more closely scrutinised, will be interesting to see if Robins sticks with Burge,I suspect he might.

wingy

My only bit of criticism today would be for Beavon.. Not his fault but he isn't a hold the ball up type player
Well being one his few fans on here I didn't think Lameiras shone particularly.
Thinking the conditions, occasion and venue may seen an inspirational performance, I would admit to him faltering, although he had two or three attempts blocked by desperate blocks and lunges.

SkyBlueScottie

I said yesterday Bigi was my MOTM, the reading of the game was outstanding and he broke lots of their moves down. Having said that I don't think there was a bad performance out there. Hopefully now the players can take confidence from the level of performance and realise their potential.

ccfclinney

Bigi was awesome yesterday was everywhere broke things up, passed the ball well, and scored a goal. Went mad at Ruben one point in first half for not tracking his man. Pure passion from the guy. My man of the match! Who needs Kante when we have bigi !!

oakey

Bigi all the way. Fantastic game. Just watched the highlights and he just keeps popping up everywhere. Heading it out from set pieces, off the line, breaking up play, his goal.
Honorary mentions to Turnbull, Stokes, Haynes, Stevenson and Reid. Burge was tremendous and the others all played their part. There were no passengers. A team effort inspired by Bigi and the other academy graduates.

skybluecam

Well being one his few fans on here I didn't think Lameiras shone particularly.
Thinking the conditions, occasion and venue may seen an inspirational performance, I would admit to him faltering, although he had two or three attempts blocked by desperate blocks and lunges.
I think Lameiras showed flashes. Ball didn't quite run for him at times. If one of his efforts from the edge hadn't been blocked we might be lauding him. He struggled without support in the first half as we played very deep after the goal.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

skybluecam

I thought Beavon was immense. He played a part in both goals (his blocked shot fell to bigi for the 1st and he played Reid down the line for 2nd). He didn't get a sniff in the first half once we had scored because we played so deep. Still hassled their backline though. His problem is that he works too hard- winning the ball or making the chance so he is never on the end of them! He's a capable finisher as we have seen from his limited chances.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Interestingly Bigi credited Oggy with the goal line stop at the end, said they work on getting in and covering that position in training.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Interestingly Bigi credited Oggy with the goal line stop at the end, said they work on getting in and covering that position in training.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, god isn't the only deity worth giving credit to, to be fair I think Bigi should give a little credit to his Mum & Dad for bringing up a nice lad.

SkyBlueScottie

Beavon has a thankless job, he harrassed both of the centre halfs and gave them a game, his movement was very good, and of course he played a nice ball for Reid for the 2nd goal. Rubens is a lot like Thomas of the past couple of years, is a bit lightweight at times and his decision making isn't quite there yet. He tried to beat a couple of defenders but a 5 yard pass would have put Bigi through on goal for another.

Covstu

Bigi mom, Thomas a close second. Bigi did not stop running, distrupting play and played some nice balls, he had to calm down after the yellow unfortunately but he was a man possessed

Liquid Gold

I think we were tactically spot on and if I could I'd give MoM to Robins. I heard that the Wembley pitch is the biggest allowed under FA regulations. That meant we had to stay compact around goal and let Oxford have the ball in areas that don't matter so much and thats what we did exactly. Then use Reid's ability to beat a man and Thomas' tenacity on the wings on the break. Both of our goals came from crosses with the second in particular after we stretched Oxford. We'd have lost that game badly with Slade in charge.

Nobody had a bad game though and that's what was so pleasing, how many times have we said that city don't turn up when there are big crowds involved. Burge had the game of his career, I hope it gives him the confidence to improve week in week out. The defence was solid, held their ground well and forced Oxford into mainly half chances. The midfield ran and ran and ran, Bigi was everywhere, Stevenson got us out of some tight spots and moved the ball and Lameries was getting stuck in and not giving Oxford and time. Wingers played a perfect wingers game and Bevon is such a workhorse you'd hate to play against him.

Brilliant city.

I think after watching the highlights Thomas is a good call for MoM though as he is involved in most of out good play and scored a cracking cup final wining goal.

Astute

Lol are you his agent? Robins admitted the one area we lost the battle was the midfield.

Stokes was MOM, Turnbull was a fairly close second and all the back line were better than him as was Thomas and Reid
What was your worse moment of the game?

1, When Bigi scored.

2, When Bigi cleared off the line at the end.

And I thought you wasn't going to watch the game as it was in a worthless competition at the end of a bad season.

covcity4life

1, When Bigi scored.

And I thought you wasn't going to watch the game as it was in a worthless competition at the end of a bad season.

also he keeps saying robins said we lost midfield battle. i rewatched sky coverage and didnt hear that(maybe it wasnt on sky, or may i just fwded past it by accident)

but all i heard robins say was oxford probably had better of game(no specific mention of midfield) he also went on to say tha gaels had a great weekend with new kid and scoring at wembley and that his energy was there for all to see.

sky also talked about bigis passion.

he clearly had a great game and right up there in MOM debate. people around me in wembley also seemed very impressed with him and i dont know them from adam.

Captain Dart

So nice to have a choice for MoM at long last.

olderskyblue

idm1975

1, When Bigi scored.

Thats a laugh out loud funny post for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread