France V Honduras (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So goal line technology finally been called upon.
What I can't get is why the commentators continue to talk about it?

The ball stayed in play when it hit the post; yes It didn't cross the line at the time do the first replay (hitting the post) but it did after!

Surely the fault of showing the 'no goal' after the ball hit the post was user error and no an error with the technology itself?

Nick

Administrator
So goal line technology finally been called upon.
What I can't get is why the commentators continue to talk about it?

The ball stayed in play when it hit the post; yes It didn't cross the line at the time do the first replay (hitting the post) but it did after!

Surely the fault of showing the 'no goal' after the ball hit the post was user error and no an error with the technology itself?

Yes it was not needed for when it hit the post as you could clearly see it wasn't over but did the job for the own goal!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The system worked fine, the problem was they showed countless replays which looked like it wasn't in. Then NO GOAL flashed, in relation to when it hit the post, obviously we know the no goal was from hitting the post.

The problem was I think all this was shown on a big screen in the stadium, when emotions are high and NO GOAL flashes up on the screen obviously it is going to get a bad reaction from the crowd as they aren't thinking straight at the time. So the fan reaction is understandable, not sure what the commentator doesn't understand though. Just told us France scored a 3rd goal when they hit the side netting :facepalm:

That's what you get for using a German system.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Bloody BBC! Same with Sterlings effort yesterday, they were half way to celebrating (probably like most of us though tbf) before correcting themselves.

Pearce was adamant today's effort was in though when it was clear it was off the field of play

Last edited:

Sutty

Pearce essentially failed to understand that 2 different events can happen at 2 different points in time.

Otis

Nowt wrong with the system.

Goal line technology. Ball crossed the line. System immediately said goal! This is not a 'one go deal' whereby it's only the first point of contact that is allowed to qualify.

Blame the stadium officials or whoever it was who flashed the first 'no goal' image up on the big screen.

wingy

Did anyone see the BBC visual ,Linaker had a bit of fun with Henry ,but It didn't look conclusive.

SkyBlueHomer

No need whatsoever to show the 'no goal' part on the big screen. All it does is windup supporters in the stadium and could potentially cause trouble. Perfectly good goal.

About the Hondurans though their performance was disgraceful. Only interested in kicking the French off the pitch

sw88

Chief Commentator!
No need whatsoever to show the 'no goal' part on the big screen. All it does is windup supporters in the stadium and could potentially cause trouble. Perfectly good goal.

About the Hondurans though their performance was disgraceful. Only interested in kicking the French off the pitch

They were very dirty! Don't like that in football.

Yes, if someone like Michael Doyle has the ball, give him a good kickin at every opportunity, but not every player :D

turlykerd

good ol wilson palacios, must have thought he was still playing for stoke lol

tbf.....its there style of football, and there not going to change if it got them to the world cup...there always seems to be a dirty south american team in a world cup and this time its Honduras.

whenever they gave an english player a kick and i was shouting and screaming, the fans next to me were like"whats your problem"...

on another note though, it does concern the shit outta me that our 1st team got a nil:nil against them (ten men too) and then seeing them turned over yesterday by the surrender monkeys

wingy

good ol wilson palacios, must have thought he was still playing for stoke lol

tbf.....its there style of football, and there not going to change if it got them to the world cup...there always seems to be a dirty south american team in a world cup and this time its Honduras.

whenever they gave an english player a kick and i was shouting and screaming, the fans next to me were like"whats your problem"...

on another note though, it does concern the shit outta me that our 1st team got a nil:nil against them (ten men too) and then seeing them turned over yesterday by the surrender monkeys

Yeah but they were playing Total Football right?

Users who are viewing this thread