Former Sky Blue-Cobi Jones (1 Viewer)

tomreagan84

His teams were notoriously lightweight here, weren’t they. Very little physical presence: Richardson, Darby, Williams (who really wasn’t that strong for such a big bloke) Salako, Jess, Burrows, all were lightweights. Presley was pretty physical, but then he was a disaster, and I never forget Andy Cole brushing him aside and getting the winner at HR in that 2-3 defeat.
Even with Dion up front and then bringing in Liam Daish didn’t rectify the problem.
That was first proper match as a Cov supporter.

I was a 10 year old plastic Man Utd fan.

My dad took me to Cov v Leicester. Atkinson’s first game? We were losing 2.0 at half time, but then won 4.2.

I switched to Cov hereafter, we competed against Utd in that match, but lost 3.2.

It’s been downhill since then.

Last edited:

tomreagan84

My dad took me to Cov v Leicester. Atkinson’s first game? We were losing 2.0 at half time, but then won 4.2.

I switched to Cov hereafter, we competed against us in that match.

Then uphill.

ovduk78

I switched to Cov hereafter, we competed against Utd in that match, but lost 3.2.

Atkinson's 1st game was the game before when we beat West Ham 2-0. The 1st thing he did was sign Kevin Richardson & Mike Marsh and they both made their debuts against West Ham.
We were 2-0 up at HT against Leicester but they scored 2 before we went on to win 4-2.

ProfessorbyGrace

My memory was actually pretty good for once!!

Although, I also remember Paul Cook as being a decent player for us so maybe not!!
Cook had a brilliant left foot, but didn’t impose himself much. Had a strange running style as well.

Users who are viewing this thread