Formation Next Season (2 Viewers)

mmttww

Anyone else think we'd be better off having a flatter three in midfield next season?

Other than Sakamoto, we don't have wide forwards used to tracking back properly.

Feel like having midfielders covering overloads out wide might work better.

Not convinced Torp could do that job but Eccles and Sheaf can. What we thinking?

messiahrobins

Anyone else think we'd be better off having a flatter three in midfield next season?

Other than Sakamoto, we don't have wide forwards used to tracking back properly.

Not convinced Torp could do that job but Eccles and Sheaf can. What we thinking?
Think we will go 4-4-2. EMC hasnt been brought in as a bench warmer and he is a winger first and foremost.

New GK
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Sakamoto Eccles Sheaf (if he stays) EMC
Simms Wright.

There is not going to be big investment. Torp and EMC were significant purchases for the club in January and if we are going to recruit more it will mean Sheaf being sold to bring in funds.

Viktor17

Think we will go 4-4-2. EMC hasnt been brought in as a bench warmer and he is a winger first and foremost.

New GK
Sakamoto Eccles Sheaf (if he stays) EMC
Simms Wright.

There is not going to be big investment. Torp and EMC were significant purchases for the club in January and if we are going to recruit more it will mean Sheaf being sold to bring in funds.
Disagree - viktor money plus cup run money should give us circa £10m + wages being being moved out Godden (+fee),COH, Kelly, Moore who are all on reasonable wage.

we need circa 6-8 players - not expecting busy summer.

hamertime

Ffs just enjoy the final run in of games then
Enjoy the Euros, leave it to the professionals

ptr

4-3-3

Solid midfield again, can’t remember the last time we controlled possession. CAM on the bench if we need it. I like Palmer but he’s a passenger at times and we’ve been left far too exposed with just two in there.

Milan back at right back and then we have Sakamoto, Wright and EMC for the wide positions. Get one more in at least and we can actually rotate instead of moaning about how tired players are

Biggest thing that’s killed is this year is not having attacking options on the bench to change the game. Look at Ipswich…swap their wingers around the 60 minute mark every game.

Noble

4-4-2 would give us Wright, Simms, EMC and Sakamoto on the pitch at the same time in comfortable positions which would be interesting to see

Hincha

Midfield is key next season. We need to protect the defence more while controlling games better.

Even during our amazing run this season it felt like a lot of games were won based on us having superior quality in attack rather than controlling the game and really limiting the opposition.

Would love us to sign a real DM to protect the back 4 and an player who can play 8 and 10 so we have something like this next season:

DM/Eccles
Sheaf/Allen
Torp/CM

Then Palmer as impact substitute when we need to go more attacking.

Bosworth Blue

GK
MVE CB CB Bidwell
Sheaf CM
Mason Clark AM Wright
Simms

A lot to do in the summer. Actually looks quite scary if Bidwell and Sheaf were to leave as expected.

Hincha

If playoffs are mathematically gone with a couple games to spare I would like to see us test a few different tactics in our last games.

Eccles/Lati as inverted RB
Binks LB
4-3-3 with Torp floating between 8 & 10
4-4-2 with Wright/Simms

shmmeee

If playoffs are mathematically gone with a couple games to spare I would like to see us test a few different tactics in our last games.

Eccles/Lati as inverted RB
Binks LB
4-3-3 with Torp floating between 8 & 10
4-4-2 with Wright/Simms

MvE and Dasilva as stand in wingers for 442? 🤔

Skyblue Bangkok

I just think Robins needs a re think as some teams have worked us out with a back 3 and 4. He will no doubt recruit players in the summer but I think next season he needs to deliver a play off place at least. WBA and Norwich squads age not better in my opinion yet they are doing better. Middlesbrough had to seel a lot of players but have caught up with us.

SBT

Personally I think Robins has been jonesing to bed in a 4-2-3-1 with us on more than one occasion, only to be foiled by injuries, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he tries to do the same with us next season.

rob9872

4 4 fucking 2

SkyBlue_Bear83

4-3-3

Collins
Sheaf
Eccles Torp
Sakamoto Simms Haji

bench
Wilson
Lati
Da Silva
Allen
Palmer
Mason Clark

add
Centre back
Centre mid x2
Winger
Striker

Wouldn't sign a number 10, Sakamoto, Mason Clark, Palmer and Allen could all play number 10 if we wanted to switch it up during a match.
Swap whoever from the starting line up and bench based on preference.

Mucca Mad Boys

No one uses 442, there's good reasons for it. A Sheaf - Eccles/Torp pairing wouldn't work there.

You’re right that 4-4-2 isn’t going to be the best Plan A. As a Plan B, 4-4-2 would be great option, particularly when trailing games.

We definitely need different midfield options to facilitate it.

Matt smith

4-3-3

Collins
Sheaf
Eccles Torp
Sakamoto Simms Haji

bench
Wilson
Lati
Da Silva
Allen
Palmer
Mason Clark

add
Centre back
Centre mid x2
Winger
Striker

Wouldn't sign a number 10, Sakamoto, Mason Clark, Palmer and Allen could all play number 10 if we wanted to switch it up during a match.
Swap whoever from the starting line up and bench based on preference.
We need a number 10, there’s no two ways about it

stupot07

If we intend to play with a number 10 all season then yes, the more I think about it, the more I wouldn't play a system with a number 10 next season
Yeah I think we could play with a pivot and two 8's, and our creativity comes from wide

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread