Form since the 5 defeats...... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

P W D L CS FtS F A GD Pt PPG

1 Sheffield United 11 6 4 1 5 2 15 8 +7 22 2.00
2 Doncaster Rovers 11 7 1 3 4 2 15 10 +5 22 2.00
3 Coventry City 11 6 2 3 4 0 20 11 +9 20 1.82
4 Bournemouth 11 6 2 3 2 1 22 15 +7 20 1.82
5 Brentford 11 5 5 1 3 1 14 10 +4 20 1.82
6 Milton Keynes Dons 11 5 4 2 6 3 12 8 +4 19 1.73
7 Colchester United 11 6 1 4 5 1 17 14 +3 19 1.73
8 Swindon Town 11 5 3 3 5 3 16 8 +8 18 1.64
9 Crawley Town 11 5 3 3 3 1 17 13 +4 18 1.64
10 Tranmere Rovers 11 5 3 3 4 2 14 11 +3 18 1.64
11 Yeovil Town 11 6 0 5 3 0 18 18 0 18 1.64
12 Preston North End 11 4 5 2 2 3 17 13 +4 17 1.55
13 Stevenage 11 5 2 4 2 2 14 19 -5 17 1.55
14 Bury 11 4 3 4 1 2 15 15 0 15 1.36
15 Notts County 11 3 5 3 3 3 16 13 +3 14 1.27
16 Oldham Athletic 11 4 2 5 2 2 14 15 -1 14 1.27
17 Crewe Alexandra 11 4 2 5 1 5 14 16 -2 14 1.27
18 Leyton Orient 12 5 0 7 1 7 12 16 -4 15 1.25
19 Portsmouth 11 4 1 6 1 4 14 15 -1 13 1.18
20 Sc-unithorpe United 11 2 3 6 0 2 15 20 -5 9 0.82
21 Shrewsbury Town 11 2 3 6 3 3 10 16 -6 9 0.82
22 Carlisle United 11 2 2 7 0 3 12 25 -13 8 0.73
23 Walsall 11 1 4 6 1 4 10 18 -8 7 0.64
24 Hartlepool United 12 0 2 10 0 5 8 24 -16 2 0.17

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Otis I think we are hitting your target 1.8, just.

Next stop I'd Grendels target off 2 points per game.

Tranmere drawing at home to Walsall this is a crazy league.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Sorry but how are we to make sense of that. Looks like the matrix

The only bit you need is the team name,
First stat in the row is last number of games played.
Last stat in the row if the average points gained over that time.

All you really need to know is that over the last 11 games since that shit spell after we sacked our manager. We have been the 3rd best team in the league at picking up points.

Last edited:

kg82

2nd most amount of goals in that period also, which is very pleasing. Goals, goals, goals is what we need!

ricohman

The only bit you need is the team name,
First stat in the row is last number of games played.
Last stat in the row if the average points gained over that time.

All you really need to know is that over the last 11 games since that shit spell after we sacked our manager. We have been the 3rd best team in the league at picking up points.

Thanks for letting me know that, 2nd time recently ive saw something similar and i was lost

Otis

Always said Robins was the right man for the job. The bloke has my full backing.

What we need now on Saturday is a complete performance. A dominant effort with us on the front foot for a change.

ricohman

Portsmouth r in bottom 4 to top it off. Was amazed at Their start to this season sitting above us around 10 games in.

kg82

Portsmouth r in bottom 4 to top it off. Was amazed at Their start to this season sitting above us around 10 games in.

That was probably more down to our start than theirs! Oh, for the season to have started after those first 8 games!

dongonzalos

That was probably more down to our start than theirs! Oh, for the season to have started after those first 8 games!

Controversial one from me, with the danger of starting a whole debate that has been done to death.

A draw away at Yeovil was respectable. A draw at home to Sheff Utd was a good result.

The following 6 results, a draw with Bury and 5 defeats were the shit results for me.

I don't think tranmere will sack Ronnie More after their shit draw with Walsall tonight.

P.s Sorry but it does frustrate me.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Controversial one from me, with the danger of starting a whole debate that has been done to death.

A draw away at Yeovil was respectable. A draw at home to Sheff Utd was a good result.

The following 6 results, a draw with Bury and 5 defeats were the shit results for me.

I don't think tranmere will sack Ronnie More after their shit draw with Walsall tonight.

P.s Sorry but it does frustrate me.

I think some of the issue was throwing leads away; seem to remember Fisher alluding to it. Results like today and Crawley show it is being turned around and you can't argue the performances are improving under Robins?

P.s just added to the done-death debate... oops.

dongonzalos

Hard to say they have improved when you are comparing them to three matches.

I didn't feel I could genuinely judge AT last season due to the owner's actions.

This season I felt I would finally be able to and we only got three matches.

However that is nothing to with MR who is doing a very good job.

Grendel

Hard to say they have improved when you are comparing them to three matches.

I didn't feel I could genuinely judge AT last season due to the owner's actions.

This season I felt I would finally be able to and we only got three matches.

However that is nothing to with MR who is doing a very good job.

Ridiculous.

Robbins has shown what a proper manager brings to the club.

He is working hard to correct all the wrongs his predecessor did.

To even hint that if Thorn was still in charge we would be better off is totally disresepctful of what Robins is doing.

Ask this where would we be if he had been appointed in May -- we would be in th top 6. With his lazy excuse ridden predecessor we would still be near the bottom and people like you would still be defending him.

JulianDarbyFTW

I was fairly apathetic toward AT; partly because he did his best during a terribly unsettling period and I couldn't bring myself to dislike him, and partly because I think managerially he was on a par with some of the other dross appointed over the past twelve years, however (and it's a big however for me) since Robins arrival I do think that his departure was the right thing for the club, and came six months too late. and the good form we're currently showing is with, what, two of his summer signings?

Grendel

I was fairly apathetic toward AT; partly because he did his best during a terribly unsettling period and I couldn't bring myself to dislike him, and partly because I think managerially he was on a par with some of the other dross appointed over the past twelve years, however (and it's a big however for me) since Robins arrival I do think that his departure was the right thing for the club, and came six months too late. and the good form we're currently showing is with, what, two of his summer signings?

And some of Robins new guys are making an impact - Moussa, Bailey and the new left back all played the last 2 games and sound like they did well.

Most of the summer signings will hardly figure all season.

dongonzalos

Ridiculous.

Robbins has shown what a proper manager brings to the club.

He is working hard to correct all the wrongs his predecessor did.

To even hint that if Thorn was still in charge we would be better off is totally disresepctful of what Robins is doing.

Ask this where would we be if he had been appointed in May -- we would be in th top 6. With his lazy excuse ridden predecessor we would still be near the bottom and people like you would still be defending him.

I said it is impossible to compare, because you are comparing over three matches.

You can't say he wouldnt have achieved the same as much as I can't say he would.

We will never know.

What I am saying is those who say thank god Robins is turning this around.

To me he is turning round the shit state the club was in as a result of sacking the bloke who signed 10 players, after 3 games.

That was a big task and he is doing it admirably.

However I cant really say he has improved compared to what AT did as that was three games. Not long enough to compare in my book.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

And some of Robins new guys are making an impact - Moussa, Bailey and the new left back all played the last 2 games and sound like they did well.

Most of the summer signings will hardly figure all season.

Yes Moussa, Bailey and Adams are doing well.

It is 2 games for Adams so fingers crossed.

dongonzalos

For me it was 4 and technically 5 matches too late.

Grendel

I said it is impossible to compare, because you are comparing over three matches.

You can't say he wouldnt have achieved the same as much as I can't say he would.

We will never know.

What I am saying is those who say thank god Robins is turning this around.

To me he is turning round the shit state the club was in as a result of sacking the bloke who signed 10 players, after 3 games.

That was a big task and he is doing it admirably.

However I cant really say he has improved compared to what AT dud as that was three games. Not long enough to compare in my book.

So you don't think Robins has any better qualities than Thorn?

You don't think his strategy is better - don't you think the team look fitter and more organised. Aren't you more confident we can hold onto a lead with a team managed by Robins that Thorn.

Get off the fence -- who is the manager who makes you more confident of a better future.

dongonzalos

So you don't think Robins has any better qualities than Thorn?

You don't think his strategy is better - don't you think the team look fitter and more organised. Aren't you more confident we can hold onto a lead with a team managed by Robins that Thorn.

Get off the fence -- who is the manager who makes you more confident of a better future.

You don't seem to get the its impossible to compare bit.

You can't compare a bloke who had three games with these lot with one who has now had 11.

JulianDarbyFTW

I think it's fair to say that Robins is the more professional of the two, both in the way he speaks and acts. I've changed my view, and it was painful accepting I was wrong to sit on the fence about AT, but he wasn't a great manager. Would we have stayed up with someone else? I say it was unlikely (Grendal will disagree on that, but it's his right to have a differing opinion) but I do believe that AT wasn't the right man to take us up. He wasn't inspirational, motivational or tactically astute. The evidence is there, in his post-match interviews and in the games themselves. Robins has a touch of the old-school, no-nonsence about him, and the players have responded in a way that I highly doubt they would have done under AT.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think it's fair to say that Robins is the more professional of the two, both in the way he speaks and acts. I've changed my view, and it was painful accepting I was wrong to sit on the fence about AT, but he wasn't a great manager. Would we have stayed up with someone else? I say it was unlikely (Grendal will disagree on that, but it's his right to have a differing opinion) but I do believe that AT wasn't the right man to take us up. He wasn't inspirational, motivational or tactically astute. The evidence is there, in his post-match interviews and in the games themselves. Robins has a touch of the old-school, no-nonsence about him, and the players have responded in a way that I highly doubt they would have done under AT.

Spot on here, I think AT got sacked at a harsh time, but I think it was right and I don't think he was the right man to take the club forward, Robins looks like he could be that man.

Grendel

You don't seem to get the its impossible to compare bit.

You can't compare a bloke who had three games with these lot with one who has now had 11.

Yes you very much can - you can compare attitude, motivation, body language and energy. If we had sacked him in May we would be in a better place. Robins is having to turn around 2 years of gross mis-management and he needs plaudits for that.

If we follow your argument then we should also say we cannot judge Shaw as he had only 4 games and we can.

dongonzalos

Robins comes across very well in interviews.

No I couldn't see many managers out their who could have kept us up following the owner's actions last season.

I feel they have tried their best to screw things up for us this season as well. Hopefully MR will save the day.

However if we don't get in the play off questions need to be asked about TF and Wag

dongonzalos

Yes you very much can - you can compare attitude, motivation, body language and energy. If we had sacked him in May we would be in a better place. Robins is having to turn around 2 years of gross mis-management and he needs plaudits for that.

If we follow your argument then we should also say we cannot judge Shaw as he had only 4 games and we can.

Yes we would be in a better place as Robins would have signed his own players in the summer that he had a plan for..

It is unlikely we would have had 5 defeats on the bounce. If the form was like it is now we would be in the top six.

However our owners pretended to back the manager then sacked him too early then dithered over the replacement process.

So yes I agree we would have been better off if they sacked him in May.

Grendel

Astute

5 wins in last 6 games. Only one of the wins was by 1 goal. 16 goals for 4 goals against. 2 goals against in same game. 4 clean sheets. Is it really Cov I am talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread