Forgotten garbage... (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Anyone remember Scott Shearer's howler against Wigan? Gifted them a last minute equalizer by walking into the post and dropping the ball right at the feet of a Wigan player. That was just after Andy Morrell had scored what we thought was the last minute winner.

Never before had I seen 15,000 people collectively put there head in there hands in unison like at that moment.

kg82

Anyone remember Scott Shearer's howler against Wigan? Gifted them a last minute equalizer by walking into the post and dropping the ball right at the feet of a Wigan player. That was just after Andy Morrell had scored what we thought was the last minute winner.

Never before had I seen 15,000 people collectively put there head in there hands in unison like at that moment.

I don't remember that specifically, just in general that he was absolute crap

covmark

Carl Dickinson. Also didn't we have Onandi Lowe and he was complete shite or was I dreaming that??

Good shout with Reece Brown.

covmark

2 maybe 3 seasons ago, right back. Remember seeing him when we beat Bournemouth away 2-0, at the final whistle came over to the fans fist pumping. Don't think we saw him much after that.

CJ_covblaze

Played two games, scored a goal, got arrested for some reason and buggered off back home.

Lowe went AWOL. The manager rang him and he was in Jamaica. He came back and within a few days his door was kicked in by the law looking for drugs. When I was in Montego Bay in the summer they all said his name (Paul Hall too) when I mentioned I lived in Cov. He's a national legend there.

Terry Gibson's perm

Chris Dunn for the fateful Crewe night, nothing wrong with Dickinson he scared the death out of that big chap on the wing at Crewe for the JPT second leg.

Disgruntled Sky Blue

In recent times it's got to be Tim Sherwood for me but as a manager he did a great job at Villa! I still can't understand the reasons for sacking him! ;)

sky_blue_up_north

Gary Collier has the be the worst centre half in Sky Blue history

CJ_covblaze

Pipehitterz

this is when wigan were on the ernie big bollocks march through the leagues, and i thought we'd only gone and done them

never forgave that pratt and ive hated wigan with a passion ever since.
this seasons win over them was my personal pay back for that game

procdoc

Jairo Martinez was shit. The keeper Nuzzo and his mate Carusso both from Inter were garbage. Craig Strachan dreadful too. I seem to remember Gordon Strachan spunking cash on youth players such as Richard Spong and Matthew Christiansen

marcus87

Barton
Swanson
Jackson
Reece Brown
David Bell
Eastwood
Callum Ball
Billy Daniels
David Prutton
Urqhart
Slager
Manset
Anton Robinson
Ecclestone
Delfouneso
Seaborne
Jennings
Mcgeouch
Donelly
Mcdonald
Jamar Loza
Chris Dunn
Deegan
Platt
O'Donovan
Kevin Malaga
Edjenguele
Shaun Jeffers
Danny Philliskirk
Al Bangura
Jamie Reckord
Conor Henderson
Mcquoid
Coulibaly
Stephen OHalloran
Michael Mcindoe
Herrmann Hreidasson
Seb Hines
Shaun Miller
Danny Pugh
Andy Webster
Luke Williams
Nick Prochwitz

I have this list on my bedroom wall as a constant reminder of how bad we were.

Edge was solid ???

M&B Stand

I remember it only too well. They put 3 minutes added time up. Morrell scored in the 3rd minute of it, they launched the ball forward towards the corner flag, Jorgensen was shepherding it out, their player kicked him up in the air out of frustration right in front of the linesman who just stood there, the ref gave a corner, the corner was cleared, they launched it back in shearer caught it, and the rest is described above.
Cost me £200 on a scorecast, I'd spent the money in my head!

Joy Division

Friday morning fact. You are never more than five feet away from somebody who has played for Coventry in the last ten years.

CJ_covblaze

My neighbours are goats and other assorted bleating animals.

Saying that, one of them looks a bit like Terry Yorath...

My mate runs a donkey sanctuary. Many of those listed above are in his care.

CJ_covblaze

Carl baker (waits for abuse)

But we had a special day for him and everything. Btw can't wait to celebrate this again. Easy to name the day as we only saw him once every four years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Gazolba

Seen a few mentions for Simon Haworth here, bit harsh I think as I thought he always looked decent. Was pretty young and didn't get too many chances to impress with Dublin, Huckerby and Moldovan ahead of him, but always looked lively when he came on as sub. Think he went to Wigan after us and did well for them until he had a bad injury and retired at a pretty young age.

44 goals in 117 appearances for Wigan, then 31 in 79 for Tranmere. Not bad returns at all. A Welsh international too.

Users who are viewing this thread